Romney and MA "Assault Weapons" law.

If these laws are clear I'd hate to see unclear.

Depends on who you believe. There are solid arguments going both ways on this, but no solid case law. I doubt there will ever be case law, either, as NFA paperwork, at least seen by a decent cop probably tends to induce the "well, these aren't the droids we're looking for." response.

-Mike

What's the reasoning on this?

What's the reasoning on this?

My reasoning is that a decent cop would think that anyone who bothered to register an SBR with the feds probably has his/her ducks in a row and leave them alone at that point, assuming that it even got to that point, which I find to be highly doubtful. The overwhelming majority of decent cops in this state stop caring about what you have once you produce a license. (and sometimes, not even that much)

If your asking about the reasoning on "it going both ways" read EasyD's NFA faq in the NFA subforum, both arguments are presented in there, in detail.

-Mike

My reasoning is that a decent cop would think that anyone who bothered to register an SBR with the feds probably has his/her ducks in a row and leave them alone at that point, assuming that it even got to that point, which I find to be highly doubtful. The overwhelming majority of decent cops in this state stop caring about what you have once you produce a license. (and sometimes, not even that much)

If your asking about the reasoning on "it going both ways" read EasyD's NFA faq in the NFA subforum, both arguments are presented in there, in detail.

-Mike

Ok, read it. Shakey ground indeed, but interesting as well. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom