Rockdale gun club??

hey, i posted something a few months ago about trying to find a place to shoot. one of the guys described rockdale gun club to me and it sounded good. he gave me "ed's" number and i tried calling it a couple of times but i never got a hold of him. i guess he is the one to talk to for info.

any one else know of this club? the description i got was that it is little more then a pile of dirt in northbridge off of rt 122.

anyone here a member and can help me out? i leave for school soon and want to try to get some time in at the range before i leave.

THANKS!

I am a member
- open field area for skeet (you have to bring your own EVERYTHING...)
- part of the river blocked off for fishing (took the kids there)
- sand pit for pistol and rifle - nothing fancy but it works for me to practice...

Think it is up to $65 a year....

I can send you the email of one of the officers if you are interest....

an e-mail address would be great. thank you![/QUOTE]

If I can chime in, I've been looking for more info. on this place too. Shane...if you'd be willing to share with me also. I'm somewhat new to the area and have driven by this place 100 times.
feel free to PM if you don't want to share email address publicly, but I'd like to check the place out!

Thanks-

It looks like a bunch of us live in the same area. . .it's about 2 miles from my home

it surprises me that Ed didn't return your calls. When I contacted him last year, he called me back in about 3 minutes

It looks like your a member Joe? Any more information you can give over the forum? Price? Covered/uncovered shooting? Range distance (100 yd. range?)
Details? I've found it very hard to get information on the club?

Thanks-

It looks like your a member Joe? Any more information you can give over the forum? Price? Covered/uncovered shooting? Range distance (100 yd. range?)
Details? I've found it very hard to get information on the club?

Thanks-

it was a 100 yard, uncovered and in the last year or so they changed the shooting area to a huge sand pit. i would guess it's 50 yards. I have NEVER seen another person there and when shooting (and hunting) that area I've had it to myself.

I got Ed's number from Zenks in Northbridge and at the time I think it was $25.00, but it may have been $35. I normally shoot at Auburn, but like Rockdale if I'm limited for time, easy in shoot, and home in 30 or so minutes.

there's no clubhouse, bathrooms, organized gatherings. It's come in, set up, shoot, clean up and go home. No creature comforts except a place to shoot (and I've pulled 2 deer from there during bow season)

Dusting off this 4-year-old post. I'm perhaps moving to the Northbridge area in the next few months, and this 'sand pit' would be SUPER convenient/close for me to shoot at. I'm def not looking for anything fancy, just a place to shoot rifle/pistol. Anybody still an active member that could give an update of what the range is like, dues, etc? Anybody still have contact info on becoming a member? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
- Jeff

I'm a member of the Rockdale rod and gun club. I certainly isn't fancy, but it is convient. All the people I have met are nice. The shooting range is basically a sandpit, about 125yrds or so long. They have a small pond for fishing, they stock some trout and stock pheasant for club members in the fall. Zenks gun shop has contact information the club. If you PM me I can send you the some contact info.

I too am interested in this as I'm about 10minutes away from there and have been looking for a place to shoot. Also looking at joining Auburn sportsmans club to make use of their ranges as well. Any info about Rochdale would be helpful, I'll drop you a PM if you don't mind beangado. Thanks

Call Jerry Clark at 1-508-234-6626

It's not so much a club as it is a working sandpit. There's literally a table and 100 yards away a berm. It's nice if like me you reload and want to run down and test out a couple new loads or if you don't shoot much and only want to use it for sighting in or hunting/fishing. No shooting on Sunday's and it's a low yearly fee. I think like 65 bucks.

Depending on what your interested in, an extra 10-15 minutes of driving and there's clubs with much much more to offer. I belong to Hopkinton which has dueling steel plate racks, dueling trees, 24/7 indoor range, 100/200 yard outdoor range, brand new trap field and a skeet field that they use multiple times a week. After joining Hopkinton and settling in on my reloads, I stopped using Rockdale and saw zero need to re-up. Shooter at paper gets old pretty fast...

I belong to that Rockdale and another club. Rockdale is close by. I have met some very nice people and they stock pheasants for members in the fall.

I'm a member. It's very informal, just a pit to shoot at, but they are doing a nice job of building it up, segregating lanes by weapon, etc. they do stock pheasants and trout and just reopened Sunday shooting during certain hrs.
We just got a message a week or so ago Jerry is very sick. Not sure if you will get him or not. I'll see if I can track down to VP's # but I'm not sure I have it.

I'm a member. It's very informal, just a pit to shoot at, but they are doing a nice job of building it up, segregating lanes by weapon, etc. they do stock pheasants and trout and just reopened Sunday shooting during certain hrs.
We just got a message a week or so ago Jerry is very sick. Not sure if you will get him or not. I'll see if I can track down to VP's # but I'm not sure I have it.

I'm sorry to hear that. I would appreciate if you could track someone down as well. A pit to shoot at sounds good in my book. And I'm ok with informal

I am still working on this. Secretary is Dave Jessing, but I cannot find contact info. It's the type of club where I just mail my dues the 1st of the year and forget it.

Back
Top Bottom