Rock slide USA

Placed an order on Rock slide USA back on March 23, have yet to receive tracking or a response to emails. They don’t answer their phone currently. Anyone have a similar experience and receive the item or should I dispute The charge?
Thanks!

Rock slide? Isn't a scam I have a frame from them.

I've only ever bought them through armslist though

It would be cooler to have an actual rock slide into a pool....that’s what I envisioned before clicking on this thread, I want that image back!

They're a legit company. I have one of their slides. Another member put together a group bye few years back. I don't think it took too long to receive them. Probably just overwhelmed in today's market.

I was trying to get a slide from them earlier this year.
They sell every configuration but the one I wanted on gunbroker.
I sent an email asking if I could get the specific config in the color I wanted for the same price as all the rest.
I got an email back telling me sure give us a call.
I called them and the conversation went nowhere.
I spoke to some woman that had no idea what she sells.
I asked to speak with the person who answers the emails and she told me that everybody answers the emails.
I told her what I wanted and she kept asking me for the part number or config number.
I finally hung up and bought from someone else. I bought a Rock Slide but it wasn't marked as such.

RC

Do you have empirical data on this? I was eyeing one for a 17 build
No he doesn't. This thread has turned into a 'tard pig pile. BBB complaints are all wu flu panicked newbs who are impatient and don't understand the current situation for the firearms industry. Also these are made in USA, not China. Material is 416 stainless and Cerakoted.

Their tolerances are slightly tighter than original but they fit and run great on original Glock frames but with less slop. P80 frame rails are thicker which works fine for OEM Glock slides but may require some fitting for a Rock Slide.

I have one for my G20 that with a heavier Wolff spring I use it for hotter 10mm loads. I know others who are pleased with the product.

No he doesn't. This thread has turned into a 'tard pig pile. BBB complaints are all wu flu panicked newbs who are impatient and don't understand the current situation for the firearms industry. Also these are made in USA, not China. Material is 416 stainless and Cerakoted.

Their tolerances are slightly tighter than original but they fit and run great on original Glock frames but with less slop. P80 frame rails are thicker which works fine for OEM Glock slides but may require some fitting for a Rock Slide.

I have one for my G20 that with a heavier Wolff spring I use it for hotter 10mm loads. I know others who are pleased with the product.
Cool... appreciate that

Placed an order on Rock slide USA back on March 23, have yet to receive tracking or a response to emails. They don’t answer their phone currently. Anyone have a similar experience and receive the item or should I dispute The charge?
Thanks!
Don't waste any time with such a company. Dispute the charge and forget about dealing with them again.

Seems they have a backlog and communication isn't great. Probably a relatively small shop dedicating its resources to filling orders, not the flood of 'where's my stuff' emails.
They have pretty good deals on gunbroker so I don't think I've ever checked their site out directly.

Like I said I ended up getting one of their frames that was laser etched in a trade and I like it a lot

I bought one of their G17 barrels and slide cut for an RMR for a G34 about 6 months ago. Had one FTF in the first magazine, after that went through another 250 without incident. Mind you, I didn't bother to lube the new slide and barrel until after the FTF. It shot very well. I'd buy their stuff again.

I bought a G23 slide from them about a year ago to run on an OEM glock frame, as I wanted RMR cut. Used glock internals on the slide, glock barrel and could never get it to run reliably. The tolerances are off causing the barrel to fit too tightly in my opinion. I tried 3x different recoil spring weights from #18-#22, but it would still FTF about 25-40% of the time. Would not consistently go into battery and felt like the slide was catching resistance at the end of the cycle before starting to come back home. Also tried a KKM barrel in it with the same results. I gave up on it and bought an MOS.

Do you have empirical data on this? I was eyeing one for a 17 build

It’s all over the P80 boards. A lot of people have had issues with coatings, and actual breakage.

Im not saying this just to be a detractor. I don’t want to see you buy junk and be pissed. They are just poor quality materials. RockyBrass, Brownells, and 80P Builder (if stuff is in stock) are great options. I got a complete slide and “match grade” barrel from 80P Builder for around $350 shipped. Their barrels aren’t really match grade, but they are better than a stock schlock barrel.

It’s all over the P80 boards. A lot of people have had issues with coatings, and actual breakage.

Im not saying this just to be a detractor. I don’t want to see you buy junk and be pissed. They are just poor quality materials. RockyBrass, Brownells, and 80P Builder (if stuff is in stock) are great options. I got a complete slide and “match grade” barrel from 80P Builder for around $350 shipped. Their barrels aren’t really match grade, but they are better than a stock schlock barrel.
Thanks I'll check them out rock slide was 500 when I just looked with an lpk

No he doesn't.

Their tolerances are slightly tighter than original

It doesn’t take much more than a google search to see that the info is out there. And they are a lot tighter than factory slides.

Most of the failures I’ve seen is cracking on the front window serrations. I’ve only seen one catastrophic failure where it broke at the ejection port. I’ve been trying to find the post, but I’ve kinda lost interest in the argument. Some people just love to defend sub par products to the bitter end.

Uhh sounds ghetto.

Just wait it out and buy once...

It doesn’t take much more than a google search to see that the info is out there. And they are a lot tighter than factory slides.

Most of the failures I’ve seen is cracking on the front window serrations. I’ve only seen one catastrophic failure where it broke at the ejection port. I’ve been trying to find the post, but I’ve kinda lost interest in the argument. Some people just love to defend sub par products to the bitter end.
Some people just like regurgitating negs from the web when they have no direct experience or firsthand feedback from someone who does.

They are not Chinesium- perhaps that crap is out there but these are not that. Possibly there was a design or QC problem at one point? I didn't see anything in a quick search of recent feedback that contradicts my own experience plus the feedback from folks I know. That said, mine is not for self defense- it's a range toy for hot 10mm loads. Works well with factory and KKM barrels. Also I would not recommend Rock Slide for P45/P80 builders who do not have the skill set to fit rails to the slide- they are going to have problems.

FWIW, I think P45's / P80's and ALL aftermarket slides are range toys and simply need to function as such. If my life depends on it, I'm going OEM perhaps with a KKM or Storm Lake barrel and swap of connector & springs.

Back
Top Bottom