• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rock-Ola M14

Sweeney

NES Member
I just finished an M14 build on a limited run 'Team M14' Rock-Ola receiver by James River Armory. There were 25 of these made for members of the Team M14 forum with special serial numbers.

These are forged receivers and I also got their forged bolt. I built it with an HRA parts kit with the addition of a Sadlak spring guide and TiN piston. I also unitized the gas system (welded) and gave it the M25 vent mod.

I trimmed 0.002" off the barrel shoulder to get it to clock properly before torquing it down and then lapped the bolt in achieving good lug contact just a bit loose on the 'Go' gauge. The bolt is far from closing on the 'No Go' so headspace is good.

I'm not settled on the muzzle devise yet but I'm leaning towards one by LRB that resembles a brake that fit over the flash hider on M14E2 variants. Its profile is very close to the M14 flash hider.

I have a bit more work to do on it such as trimming the hand guard to keep it off the stock.

I need to stop doing this. [smile]

Thanks guys! I put an LRB muzzle brake on it an took it to the range yesterday to function test it. It wasn't fully going into battery on its own consistently so I pulled the recoil spring and stretched it out about 1/2"... that solved the issue. From there it ran perfectly. I have a full set of Wolf springs en-route for it. Who know how many rounds the originals have seen.

I'm contemplating turning down the muzzle brake to get it closer to the USGI flash hider diameter and I may add a faux bayonet lug so it has that classic M14 profile.

Back
Top Bottom