Robots are replacing security guards. Should we give them guns? Law enforcement considering arming robots capable of deadly force

Reptile

NES Member
AI technology seems to be finding its way into every industry from fast-food chains to delivering packages to automatic self-driving vehicles. Now, some companies are also incorporating AI security guards to keep their businesses safe. However, I'm not so sure these bots can be reliable. Let's see how the robot security experiments are turning into reality.

I can't see how that's much different, legally, than a booby-trap.

I'm not one to call for MoAr LaWzZ!, but it's likely that the rise of AI is a good reason to pass a few. Just to define what the hell these things are, and how their actions can be remedied at law.

"Look how well the bots do as armed security. Let's add them to the police force now. Oh look, they're doing fine, let's get rid of the human cops and military." I'm sure a wonderful robot led utopia comes after that.

I'm not one to call for MoAr LaWzZ!, but it's likely that the rise of AI is a good reason to pass a few. Just to define what the hell these things are, and how their actions can be remedied at law.
Currently, robotic platforms for firearms are pretty tightly controlled already. Last I researched it (IIRC) they are treated as machine guns. There is some other stuff, but it's been a bit.

I can see it now some Karen throws her coffee at the robot, well because she's a Karen.
Then the robot start to short circuit and mag dumps on Karen.

AI strikes me as being very dangerous. Maybe it’s all the Terminator movies and such, but I don’t trust this idea at all.

MAYBE if they were remotely controlled with cameras and such, but then why not just have a real dude there?

They can't even make an operating platform for a PC that isn't bug ridden.
Sure let's give it a gun . what could go wrong ?
600px-IRobot_Taurus6.jpg

I'm going to capture one with a net and reverse engineer and reprogram it to install stump walls. I'll rent it out $50 an hour and the stud club will line up around the block.
Good Lord!!!

Not sure what stump walls are.

If we are talking sex robots, whose to stop the previous customer from leaving needles inside the orifice?

This is why I stick with FleshLights when my girlfriend (who is a lingerie model) is at work.

I have a whole 55 gallon drum filled with worn out FleshLights. I just collect them because I don't want the garbage men to see them.

If I were smart, I'd buy the Amazon warranty for my FleshLights.

[NES StudClub: Charter Member]

Good Lord!!!

If we are talking sex robots, whose to stop the previous customer from leaving needles inside the orifice?

This is why I stick with FleshLights when my girlfriend (who is a lingerie model) is at work.

I have a whole 55 gallon drum filled with worn out FleshLights. I just collect them because I don't want the garbage men to see them.

If you buy a fleshlight off Amazon, does it still fall under Amazon's return policy? You can use it for a good two months?

If you buy a fleshlight off Amazon, does it still fall under Amazon's return policy? You can use it for a good two months?
It does if you get the warranty!!!

I wear the darn thing out in 2 weeks!!!

Don't forget to buy this as well...

Amazon product ASIN B005MR3IVOView: https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO

I only use a drop at a time and I'm on by second drum this year.

Still no idea why NES StudClub Members need stump walls.

I mean like, who lines up around the block to get stumps?

AI strikes me as being very dangerous. Maybe it’s all the Terminator movies and such, but I don’t trust this idea at all.

MAYBE if they were remotely controlled with cameras and such, but then why not just have a real dude there?

because a real dude might not make it home for dinner if he faces someone sufficiently motivated to lose his own life. Remotely controlling a robot will allow the operator to go home for dinner, read his pension statement, and figure out how to spend the extra money he will make for being a robotics qualified officer.

Good Lord!!!

Is that what you've named the produce with holes in them?

Back
Top Bottom