• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Robocall Rant

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
My brother listed me as an emergency contact for his kids, cuz they go to a voke school near my house.

Someone decided that I now get to receive robocalls from them regarding sporting events, and other important messages.

I can't wait for the phone to ring at 5am to tell me that school has been cancelled. My youngest finished with that crap almost ten years ago.

I'd like to just block the number, but I am the emergency contact, so that could turn out badly.

Of course, there's nobody at the school to answer the phone so I can rant to them.

My brother listed me as an emergency contact for his kids, cuz they go to a voke school near my house.

Someone decided that I now get to receive robocalls from them regarding sporting events, and other important messages.

I can't wait for the phone to ring at 5am to tell me that school has been cancelled. My youngest finished with that crap almost ten years ago.

I'd like to just block the number, but I am the emergency contact, so that could turn out badly.

Of course, there's nobody at the school to answer the phone so I can rant to them.

Just like everyone else, they like to harass attorneys. [laugh]

Write a lawyer letter to the supt of schools. Let him/her deal with it.

If you need a recommendation of a good lawyer, I'll be happy to help find you one. [rofl]

Call the superintendents home/cell every time your phone rings from the school, youll be dropped off the robo list pretty fast.

Set up your do not disturb on your phone, set a time range that you don't want to be disturbed then make a list of exceptions of the numbers that need to reach you at all hours.

The superintendent won't care, and will simply delete it - you need to hit them where it hurts - the paperwork lady!

Find the school secretary's number and call it (I know you'll get voicemail now) daily, and each time you get a call.

When the voicemail, or secretary answers:
1) Blow a whistle
2) Say who you are, and why you blew the whistle
3) Inform them you will respond in such a manner until your number is removed
4) Howl like a coyote
5) Thank her for her time and hang up.

Then -

1) Put flyers in people's work offering free car washes - simply fax "In" to the secretary's number.

2) Arrange a contest for the best Chewbacca impersonation - leaving the secretary's number.

3) Leave the contact number with "leave me a message" on creepy "love connection" websites

Not trying to state the obvious but have tried calling the school and simply asking them to remove your number from the robo call list. At some point in time there must be someone picking up the phone else leave a message asking for a return call. In the case of an actual emergency it will be a real person calling you and not a machine.

Last edited:
Boohoo. [smile] Somehow all our phones and emails were put on the reverse call list so if it snows, we get automated phone calls , texts, emails and if it snows and school isnt cancelled we get a call from the DPW explaining how trash pickup will be a day late, plus in case you are an idiot they explain how if your trash gets picked up on a monday it will now be Tuesday and if its Tuesday it will be Wednesday and so on.

Back
Top Bottom