• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Robbery Suspect Shot by Concealed Carry Pharmacist

First shot breaks the window. Six to eight feet apart and the first two shots look like misses to me. I think the third shot was a hit. Can't tell with the fourth.

It looks like after he very matter of factly drew his gun (pharmacist, not dead shitheel) pharmacist racked the slide and cameup shooting.
Either way, well done.

My best friends dad was a Pharmacist in Salem NH. He retired after being robbed for the 6th time. So that guy probably had practice.

My wife is a pharmacist and has been robbed once by a guy using a stolen firearm, she didn't like it very much.

Guy got caught and recently got out of jail for wait for it....robbing a pharmacy.

Good riddance, one less turd in the world.

And in less important news, I am in Taiwan on a business trip and I saw a six fingered man today (unfortunately no picture...can't have a phone where I work).

Taxi driver that brought me back to the hotel. He had two thumbs on his right hand. Second one was smaller

I have to tell the man in black.

Last edited:
I don't think shooting him was nasty, gotta do what you gotta do.. but when the pharmacist told the perp "here, this might help ya" and spilled iodine and saline right on his wounds, now that's just nasty.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife is a pharmacist and has been robbed once by a guy using a stolen firearm, she didn't like it very much.

Guy got caught and recently got out of jail for wait for it....robbing a pharmacy.

Good riddance, one less turd in the world.

And in less important news, I am in Taiwan on a business trip and I saw a six fingered man today (unfortunately no picture...can't have a phone where I work).

Taxi driver that brought me back to the hotel. He had two thumbs on his right hand. Second one was smaller

I have to tell the man in black.

My boss at work, back when I was a teenager, had a small finger growing out of his thumb. Oh boy that was nasty, yikes ...

looks like the pharmacist hit the BG in the throat first shot, and the BG only got off one round, while Pharm got off 3

Interesting, the BG does grab his throat. If the first shot was a hit, it went through his neck because the glass was clearly hit. Looks like he was using a 1911, that .45 slug to the throat is going to leave a mark. Hopefully the other employee doesn't have permanent hearing loss, that was right next to his ear. Great video and even better results!

Only thing I would change would be for the pharmacist to double tap and to keep shooting until the theat is gone. Looks like he shot, took eyes and muzzle off the target to check on the guy and did the same 2x again.

Looks like the perp had his weapon at the ready when the armed pharm hid behind the other two to draw, then he stepped UP to engage. Wicked ballsy.

growing up in Belmont, there was a pharmacy at the intersection of School & Trapelo rd. Guy was robbed 3 times that I remember, and all 3 times the pharmacist/owner ventilated the perp. [thumbsup]

growing up in Belmont, there was a pharmacy at the intersection of School & Trapelo rd. Guy was robbed 3 times that I remember, and all 3 times the pharmacist/owner ventilated the perp. [thumbsup]

That place is now a convenience store. Shore Drug lost their license and went out of business. I'm not sure what went on but the state closed them down for multiple violations:

http://patch.com/massachusetts/belmont/state-shuts-down-shore-drug-for-myriad-of-violations
http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20110522/News/305229674
http://patch.com/massachusetts/belmont/shore-drugs-reopens-but-pharmacy-remains-shut

Seems that the owner also had some other problems with the law as well, which caused him to lose his LTC.

Interesting to watch how the BG reacted to the first shot. People don't realize it's not like the movies. You don't go flying into the glass after being shot. In the movies the hero clears entire buildings with just a pistol and just a few shots shots to the BGs' chests resulting in instant death.

Edit: Unless its the boss or a good guy they usually die after a long speech.

The pharmacist had better shot placement than earlier observation that he missed the first shot. So was the shattered glass from the ricochet of the 2nd shot?

In surveillance video, you see Gillenwater attempt to rob the pharmacy at gunpoint, but he did not expect pharmacist Rob Radcliff, who is also a concealed carry permit, to draw his firearm shooting him three times. The first and third shots hit Gillenwater’s shoulder and chest. The second hit his gun, disabling it, according to West Virginia’s Metro News.

Yet another reason why slide should ALREADY have been racked. That 2 second rack could cost you your life.

Absolutely. There are alot of people who carry that dont chamber a round out of fear of it going off by accident, Ill never understand that thought process.

The pharmacist had better shot placement than earlier observation that he missed the first shot. So was the shattered glass from the ricochet of the 2nd shot?

Or maybe the first passed right through. Two to upper torso and one disabling the gun, see, it is like the movies!

Back
Top Bottom