Roast Beast owner: "I'll never open in MA again!"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I think Boston got religion after those welders burned out part of a block.

To do nothing for 10 years than shut him down IS ridiculous, have to be some logical standards.
One of the restaurants was DelGallo’s on Newel St. in Pittsfield owned and run by Remo DelGallo who was elected mayor of Pittsfield in 1965. He is a Democrat.

I had lunch there one day and it was full of stomach turning progressive politicians from Boston; it was a tradition in Pittsfield for visiting politicians to have lunch at Del Gallo’s. Here’s an article about him:

Anyway, Remo is a moonbat in his 90’s now. He had a four burner gas stove from probably the 50’s in the back and when they told him he needed a several thousand dollar new hood he closed down. He told me he didn’t make enough on lunches to pay for the hood.

How’s that big government you’ve been voting for working out for you Remo?

ASHDUMP

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone got pic of this griddle? I got to see this thing....

A George Forman type grill would definitely require a commercial range hood.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone got pic of this griddle? I got to see this thing....

A George Forman type grill would definitely require a commercial range hood.
Right here.

Looks like a commercial, industrial type kitchen griddle to me.

He's also been known to use a blow torch to make a specialty filet mignon sandwich...

"DJ, you are my man. Now, lemme give you a little inside tip, the best sandwich in this place is actually not on the menu. A $30 filet mignon sandwich. You gotta make sure you call ahead in advance, I mean, like a day early to make sure they have it and that they’ll make it for you.
All right, DJ, what’s the secret sandwich all about here?
It’s about nice, rare, red meat. That’s what it’s all about. These are great filets, all prime, they come from New York, then I season them the day before.
So, you just paint on the spicy barbecue, right on the filet?
Yep. People gonna get mad at me, “Oh, my god, he put spicy barbecue on a nice piece of meat. He ruined it.” Well, I don’t care what they thing. I really don’t care.
You with a blow torch and some barbecue sauce, like, if you go into Boston, to the Back Bay, this is like $85.
------

I’ve been doing this show a long time, but I gotta say, this is one of the weirdest and great experiences I’ve ever had, eating a $30 blow torch filet mignon sandwich in the back of a roast beef joint in a closet. And literally, one of the greatest tasting sandwiches I’ve ever had."

[/URL]

Personally, I have no problem with the way he ran his business or his cooking methods.

I've eaten there a few times before and I was on the FD at the time stationed just around the corner, and we'd send someone down
to pick up a group order.

I thought the sandwiches were pretty good myself... not fantastic or mind blowing enough to rave about though.

Last edited:

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Right here.

Looks like a commercial, industrial type kitchen griddle to me.

He's also been known to use a blow torch to make a specialty filet mignon sandwich...

"DJ, you are my man. Now, lemme give you a little inside tip, the best sandwich in this place is actually not on the menu. A $30 filet mignon sandwich. You gotta make sure you call ahead in advance, I mean, like a day early to make sure they have it and that they’ll make it for you.
All right, DJ, what’s the secret sandwich all about here?
It’s about nice, rare, red meat. That’s what it’s all about. These are great filets, all prime, they come from New York, then I season them the day before.
So, you just paint on the spicy barbecue, right on the filet?
Yep. People gonna get mad at me, “Oh, my god, he put spicy barbecue on a nice piece of meat. He ruined it.” Well, I don’t care what they thing. I really don’t care.
You with a blow torch and some barbecue sauce, like, if you go into Boston, to the Back Bay, this is like $85.
------

I’ve been doing this show a long time, but I gotta say, this is one of the weirdest and great experiences I’ve ever had, eating a $30 blow torch filet mignon sandwich in the back of a roast beef joint in a closet. And literally, one of the greatest tasting sandwiches I’ve ever had."

[/URL]

Personally, I have no problem with the way he ran his business or his cooking methods.

I've eaten there a few times before and I was on the FD at the time stationed just around the corner, and we'd send someone down
to pick up a group order.

I thought the sandwiches were pretty good myself... not fantastic or mind blowing enough to rave about though.
Okay, that's a bit more than a George Foreman. Although I seriously doubt frying some onions is going to start a large fire.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Okay, that's a bit more than a George Foreman. Although I seriously doubt frying some onions is going to start a large fire.
Maybe, but it's certainly more cooking than just toasting bread and buns. IMNSHO he should have had a hood, and it shouldn't have taken 9 years to figure that out. Like many things, plenty of blame to go around.

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I actually agree on the cheesesteaks...i don't like the cheese wiz shit. I like the way most places around boston make them with the steak shaved super thin and chopped up finely with a bunch of american cheese on it.....one of my favorite comfort foods.

Pizza in Boston is solid. pizza in LA is hot trash. I've found a few decent places, but even the best place I've found here is maybe half as good as my favorite spots back home.

When I first moved here I was in my temp corporate apartment and was coming back from picking up pizza, crappy pizza. Coming into the apartment building I see this woman with a pizza box and ask her where it's from, explaining I just moved from the east coast and was looking for GOOD pizza. She tells me it's this place a few blocks down the road and it's SOOOO Good.....I ask, what's so good about it? "OMG it has fresh avocado and organic squash blossoms on it". I've never wanted to strike a woman before that moment.

I remember watching Anthony Bourdain LA before moving here and he was covering mexican shit and I thought this place would be overflowing with insanely good mexican food. I've been super disappointed and what you say about he laminated menus is very accurate. I'm sure there are some hidden gems around though.
What do you consider good pizza and Mex in NE ?

I have found the food here in NE to be especially lousy, except seafood.

Most Mex places here are whitewashed because people in NE really have no idea what Mex food is supposed to be, so the owners make some huge barf bag of nachos, tacos and margaritas and New Englanders think its authentic.

Pizza places here are generally the Greek owned shit all with the exact same menu and same supplier. They use bottom tier ingredients and those little discs of some sort of processed salt meat that they call sausage.

Outside of Boston, the food is just Sysco crap and chains.

If you were in NoCal I could recommend a lot of places.

Last edited:
Top Bottom