• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road/Sidewalk rage incident

It seems no one here drives through yellow lights like me so I will ask why were you mad at the driver who had the right of way? You were not crossing on a walk light right?
As far as the guy stopping and you two fisting it out, I would have avoided it. Your lic to carry is worth more than seeing if you can throw some hay makers. There is a 50/50 chance the both of you will be araested and charged with something that could end up on your record which may hurt your ability to own guns in the future.
I wasn't mad at the driver, 'til he jumps ugly with me at the next traffic light. As to fisting it out, I did avoid that.

If I were in your shoes I would've avoided as much of it as possible. I've learned to avoid even the yelling and screaming. Who knows what the other guy has for a weapon or how crazy he really is.

If I were in your shoes I would've avoided as much of it as possible. I've learned to avoid even the yelling and screaming. Who knows what the other guy has for a weapon or how crazy he really is.
Avoiding is good. But, in this case, it would also mean moving in the opposite direction of where I needed to go. I don't like that very much, really not at all. Maybe it was the smarter move ...

I would have just completely ignored him.

He was probably pissed because he had three different women launch baby strollers in front of his vehicle before he got to you, so he was just letting you have the steam. [laugh]

-Mike

l hate how quick people are too flip on each other these days. what ever happened to courtesy and politeness?

My goal was to go get my truck from the auto shop, which I did. The a**h*** just happened to be stopped in front of the doorway to the shop.

I included reference to my 'hand-to-hand' experience because it is relevant to my response, in the same manner as to whether I was or was not carrying a firearm is relevant (I was not), since both address my ability to deal with a potentially violent confrontation. Do you think because I practice unarmed fighting I'm looking for a fight to test myself? That'd be like saying because I practice shooting I'm looking for a fight to test myself. There both skills to defend, right?. Silly.

I'm not conflicted at all, to the best of my knowledge the situation would have resolved the exact same way whether the cops showed up or not. Meaning the idiot would have driven away and I would have conducted my business with the auto shop (not withstanding a few more f-bombs). I would do the exact same thing in the exact same situation. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in hearing and considering what you all have to say, and perhaps modifying my responses in the future.

so why didnt you just keep your mouth shut when he stopped at the red light? if your goal was to get to your truck, not to fight with him...you failed IMO

I wouldn't have stepped off the curb. From what you said, he had the green light. He was wrong for getting so upset but I've seen people cross the street, talking on their cel phone or reading the paper. Calm down. If you shot every person who irritated you, you'd soon be broke.

Just point and laugh, that always gets them . . . or hold a fist out the window and start shaking it.

My goal was to go get my truck from the auto shop, which I did. The a**h*** just happened to be stopped in front of the doorway to the shop.

I included reference to my 'hand-to-hand' experience because it is relevant to my response, in the same manner as to whether I was or was not carrying a firearm is relevant (I was not), since both address my ability to deal with a potentially violent confrontation. Do you think because I practice unarmed fighting I'm looking for a fight to test myself? That'd be like saying because I practice shooting I'm looking for a fight to test myself. There both skills to defend, right?. Silly.

I'm not conflicted at all, to the best of my knowledge the situation would have resolved the exact same way whether the cops showed up or not. Meaning the idiot would have driven away and I would have conducted my business with the auto shop (not withstanding a few more f-bombs). I would do the exact same thing in the exact same situation. That doesn't mean I'm not interested in hearing and considering what you all have to say, and perhaps modifying my responses in the future.

Sounds like you pretty much kept your cool. I think you handled it well.

Back
Top Bottom