• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road rage?

Pretty much this. I rarely carry because I don't want to ever get into a fight or something where I can't use a thing I have without jail time, or have it taken by an attacker.

A co worker told me a story yestarday morning about his next door neighbor who's licensed and Carrys. He often drives at odd hours.

Apparently a young man in a hooded sweat shirt ran out in the middle of the road the other night very early in the morning. The neighbor stopped his vehicle (pretty much cause he had to) he opened the door to get out because his first impression was the man was in distress and needed help when the man showed a knife and stated " I'm taking this car". The neighbor then drew his piece, took aim and said "the hell you are"! And sent the man running.

need to get front and rear dash cams. just hand the video to the cops and let them deal with it. Toss them the tape and say..hey...I did your job for you.....again....
Now go get him. lol
and make sure the front cam swivels to the side so you could record the cops or the moron trying to smash your window with a tire iron.

I'm sorry, but what are we talking about license plates and cops for with respect to the original story? What did the guy do that the cops are supposed to address?
maybe they pay him a visit and he jams himself up somehow.

If the perp managed to block you in and started smashing your car you wouldn't be clear to go lethal until he broke a window near you or a passenger. It's always better to just get away. If you can't get away always remember that if you're being followed you have the advantage of choosing where the fight will take place.

This sounds to me like a good time for pepper spray.
if you had no escape, the instant he tries to gain access to you by swinging a tire iron or pipe, you would be justified to use a firearm.

Last edited:
I can't find it, but there's a parking lot surveillance video where a guy tries to pepper spray a mugger and the wind carries it right into his own face.

I let a friend pepper spray me a few years ago. I highly recommend it if you carry the stuff.
been there, done that. definately not for a windy day or in car use.

I love all the Monday-morning quarterbacking going on from people who weren't there.

Had some idiot tailgating me on the way up Rt 3 this afternoon (we're talking less than 3' behind me in heavy traffic). Flashed my brake lights to get him to back off - no joy. Finally I get to where I can get out of the left lane and do so - idiot drives up next to me, ostentatiously holding up a cell phone at me like he's taking my picture.

I couldn't resist. I put a BIG smile on my face and waved at the *******. I really hope he tries to send it to the staties... and has to explain how he took it. In NH.

I love all the Monday-morning quarterbacking going on from people who weren't there.

Had some idiot tailgating me on the way up Rt 3 this afternoon (we're talking less than 3' behind me in heavy traffic). Flashed my brake lights to get him to back off - no joy. Finally I get to where I can get out of the left lane and do so - idiot drives up next to me, ostentatiously holding up a cell phone at me like he's taking my picture.

I couldn't resist. I put a BIG smile on my face and waved at the *******. I really hope he tries to send it to the staties... and has to explain how he took it. In NH.

Nice, you already answered my question :)

Pretty much this. I rarely carry because I don't want to ever get into a fight or something where I can't use a thing I have without jail time, or have it taken by an attacker.

Is this Shannon Watts?

- - - Updated - - -

and make sure the front cam swivels to the side so you could record the cops or the moron trying to smash your window with a tire iron.

360 degree dash cam. Very cool. But not cheap.

http://pinac-360.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/pinac-v360-camera?variant=4667452292

In retrospect, I should have just held up my phone and video'd him, it might have snapped him back sooner.

^^^in the car dealer lot this would have been a good option...i think you did everything right aside from maybe driving to the police station and drawing the pistol but i get it that you didn't know what he was going to get out of the car with and you would rather be a littler early than late in the case of him being armed...i have to start carrying pepper spray in my car or some bear spray, i do a lot of driving and see a lot of asshats

pulling out your phone and starting to record someone that is gone off the deep end is only going to make them more mad.

"IDGAF ABOUT YOUR CAMERA BRO, YOU GOING TO RECORD ME, RECORD THIS!!!"

Which will make for even funnier video. Please do this next time and post the video.

Is this Shannon Watts?

- - - Updated - - -

360 degree dash cam. Very cool. But not cheap.

http://pinac-360.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/pinac-v360-camera?variant=4667452292

That does look pretty cool. Does anyone have any idea how you'd mount it to the dashboard? I'm adverse to drilling holes in my dashboard, freaks me out for some reason (probably the permanent-ness of it). I'd like some kind of quick release capability so I don't leave it there baking in the sun, or freezing in the winter. It mentions GoPro mounts but I haven't used a GoPro.

^^^in the car dealer lot this would have been a good option...i think you did everything right aside from maybe driving to the police station and drawing the pistol but i get it that you didn't know what he was going to get out of the car with and you would rather be a littler early than late in the case of him being armed...i have to start carrying pepper spray in my car or some bear spray, i do a lot of driving and see a lot of asshats

Don't carry bear spray. While it would be very effective, it is also illegal to use it for something other than its intended purpose. Now, if you were in the woods and worried about bears, and a human attacked you, you'd be fine to defend yourself with this. But, intentionally carrying it around for defense against humans... nope. They do make pepper sprays in larger than average containers. I carry this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R644IU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I've also seen 4oz but I think the above is sufficient unless you're worried about dispersing a crowd.

pulling out your phone and starting to record someone that is gone off the deep end is only going to make them more mad.

Actually this has not been my experience. I've had two opportunities in the last year where I've held up my phone and started video recording something that was going on. Each time the situation de-escalated immediately. I think in today's world people are fairly cognizant that videos are everywhere and easily made public or given to the local LEs. Granted that isn't always the case, but people seem to act differently when they realize their activities are no longer private.

I'm going to go with this. Back when men were men we could b**** at each other for being ***clowns without pulling a gun. I'm probably the biggest gun guy here but there is no reason your CCW should have left the holster, unless we're missing other details...
Right wait till the other guy goes for a gun to see who is faster

Don't carry bear spray. While it would be very effective, it is also illegal to use it for something other than its intended purpose. Now, if you were in the woods and worried about bears, and a human attacked you, you'd be fine to defend yourself with this. But, intentionally carrying it around for defense against humans... nope. They do make pepper sprays in larger than average containers. I carry this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001R644IU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I've also seen 4oz but I think the above is sufficient unless you're worried about dispersing a crowd.

good to know...love the guy in the questions section of that ad asking if he can put the pepper spray on his pizza cause he likes it spicy

need to get front and rear dash cams. just hand the video to the cops and let them deal with it. Toss them the tape and say..hey...I did your job for you.....again....
Now go get him. lol

"Dear Officer, please write me a ticket for doing 60 in a 50 zone, tell my COP I've admitted to instigating a road rage incident just in case he wants to reassess my suitability, and OBTW see if you can identify the prosecution witness from this blurry video of his license plate".

Would it happen? Probably not. Could it happen? In Mass?

OP:

If traffic flow has been uniform, it's not hard to pull out unawares in front of a speeder. But it's still poor situational awareness - Driving While White (in the Cooper color code sense).

And getting boxed in by a stalker at the early morning chaos of a car dealership service entrance is bad feng shui(*).

(*) The seat of honor in Chinese dining is the chair facing the door, so the Big Man can see who's coming at him. Just sayin'...

"IDGAF ABOUT YOUR CAMERA BRO, YOU GOING TO RECORD ME, RECORD THIS!!!"

Which will make for even funnier video. Please do this next time and post the video.

Like I said, I just waved at the ******* videoing me. With a BIG smile.

Back
Top Bottom