• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road rage?

JayMcB

NES Member
Assachusetts when necessary. NH when possible
So I'm on my way to drop my wife's SUV to the stealership. As I'm motoring down Rte 9, at 10 MPH or so above the speed limit, I signal, change into the left turn lane.

In any event, apparently some guy was really flying, because apparently I 'cut him off'. Never saw him, and neither did the newfangled blind spot warning thing, etc. on the truck.

He beeps (long beep) screaming, calls me a f***ing a**hole, keeps beeping. Starts to get out of his car...Light turns green. I proceed.

He follows me all the way to the dealership drop-off. He pulls beside me, starts screaming and getting out of his car.

I say "Buddy, don't escalate this. I'm sorry I didn't see you, you must have been really flying. Let it go".

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in the truck, CCW at low hold, out of holster.

He keeps screaming, swearing, and one of the service advisers (who knows I carry, we've talked guns) walks by, says "hey guy, if you're not a customer here, maybe you should go".

He goes screaming out of the lot.

While I had the presence of mind to have my CCW out, I didn't take his plate down. I was too worried about having my suitability revoked if he escalated it any farther.

People are crazy. [frown]

The problem here: this is my wife's rig. I wish I had this nutbar's plate.

people are *******s. always get the plate.

the problem with liberal utopias like MA where they restrict gun ownership is it gives pricks like that a sense of empowerment because chances are their victims are unable to defend themselves. try that kind of shit in a rural texas town and you're gonna just get shot.

people are *******s. always get the plate.

the problem with liberal utopias like MA where they restrict gun ownership is it gives pricks like that a sense of empowerment because chances are their victims are unable to defend themselves. try that kind of shit in a rural texas town and you're gonna just get shot.

If the State would simply declare a two week open season on *******s (you're clear to shoot them), I would predict a remarkable attitude shift. I'm confident it would last past the two weeks because the worst offenders would never be able to keep it together for two whole weeks. They'd have offended and been dispatched.

This has happened to me before too.
Guy got out of his car.......twice.
I just drove away.
It's not worth it.

My thought is unless he was within arms length of you with some type of weapon and you brandished, you'd be charged and we'd all read about in the newspaper and see it on the TV news...This is Massachusetts after all.....[thinking]

need to get front and rear dash cams. just hand the video to the cops and let them deal with it. Toss them the tape and say..hey...I did your job for you.....again....
Now go get him. lol

This has happened to me before too.
Guy got out of his car.......twice.
I just drove away.
It's not worth it.

Many years ago when I was young and stupid I had one incident where the guy was behind me and going nuts, right up on my ass and trying to scream at me with his face up against the windshield. It was a back road so I stopped in the middle of the street and put my hands up in the international "WTF do you want from me" gesture. He puts his car in park, opens the door and starts getting out. As soon as he got around his door I started driving away. He ran back to his car and started driving again so I stopped again, not far from where I stopped the first time. Again, he got out and started walking toward my car, at which point I just took off laughing and never saw him again. I'll never forget the look on his face was when he saw me pulling away the second time.

I have a cam in mine, just not in hers. [hmmm]

no worries...maybe get one for hers and then you'll be set if it happens to either of you again. Rt 9 can be a crazy road. When I was dating my wife back in the day....she lived on rt 9 in brookline. lots of fun stuff on that road in the middle of the night...lol

I'm sorry, but what are we talking about license plates and cops for with respect to the original story? What did the guy do that the cops are supposed to address?

I'm sorry, but what are we talking about license plates and cops for with respect to the original story? What did the guy do that the cops are supposed to address?

I'm going to go with this. Back when men were men we could b**** at each other for being ***clowns without pulling a gun. I'm probably the biggest gun guy here but there is no reason your CCW should have left the holster, unless we're missing other details...

Intimidation, stalking, probably tailgating....exited his vehicle in a threatening manner...had to have broken some traffic law in there somewhere....initially driving to endanger?

Hey, this crap doesn't bother me but the libtards use it so I just play their game.

Intimidation, stalking, probably tailgating....exited his vehicle in a threatening manner...had to have broken some traffic law in there somewhere....initially driving to endanger?

If you call the cops with that list they're going to offer the guy a job. [laugh]

Hey, this crap doesn't bother me but the libtards use it so I just play their game.

What???

Cue "This arsehole cut me off and I followed him all the way to the dealership" thread in 3.......2............

Its true. on boats people are waving to each other and the same boaters on the way home in their cars will try to kill each other...lol

I'm going to go with this. Back when men were men we could b**** at each other for being ***clowns without pulling a gun. I'm probably the biggest gun guy here but there is no reason your CCW should have left the holster, unless we're missing other details...

Can't argue with your sentiment, but I didn't know if HE was armed. If he wanted to lead with fists, I would have responded in kind.

If he came out with a bat or crowbar, that's a different answer.

I didn't raise my voice, I didn't yell back. I'm about de-escalation.

I apologized FFS.....

I'm born and bred in Mass, so even if he came at me with a bat/crowbar I'd probably still just run away.
Then if he cornered me I'd be aiming for center mass.

Back
Top Bottom