• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Road rage today

It started when I saw a young kid (maybe 17) pass a bunch of cars cutting them off. He couldnt squeeze by me because the road went from 2 lanes to one so he road my ass swerving back and forth. I did not box him in or cut him off or give him any kind of brake job. You could tell by his car that the suspension was shot. A second later traffic slowed and I applied my brakes aware he was on my bumper, I had no choice but to stop. If I didnt stop I would have rear ended the truck in front of me. He must have not seen my brake light at first because he went sideways into the dirt sidewalk, if it was a real sidewalk he would have blown tires. He jams on his gas and horn, rolls down his window giving the finger and starts yelling and swearing. He comes up on my bumper ever closer this time. When we get to the intersection red light he comes up on my left. I look over and he is some little 17 year old 130lb 5 foot punk with a girl just as young with him. He doesnt say a word, and the young girl looks scared to death at me and/or his driving.

Im taking the right and look back over my shoulder again at him and shook my head and said stop driving like an a$$. He waits till I take the turn, goes across 3 lanes from a stop and cuts off more cars. He then follows me a block, runs up the curb on my right, cuts in front of me, slams on the brakes and tries boxing me in. He then opens his door but has massive fear in his face and says something about talking sh*t or something in a squeaky voice. He doesnt get all the way out, just hanging out, all show for the girl. I pull in front of him stop my car, put in park, take off my seat belt slowly. At this point I wonder if I should get out and scare the crap out of him. I was not in fear of this child and I wasnt moving my car again until his tantrum was over. If I kept on driving I felt he would have kept driving more aggressivly. He then floors it does a 180 cutting off a bunch more cars, and now comes at me full speed crosses lanes and swerves at me head on and drives off. I laugh at him for embarrassing himself but I felt bad for the girl in the car and wish I knew her father. I have a feeling I will be reading about him or her in the paper soon wrapped around a pole for driving like an a$$. If this happened 10 years ago and I was still in my mid 20's I would be in jail right now, but I stayed calm.

I felt I handled this situation the best I could without beating him up or driving like a jerk back risking lives. It happened so fast and I felt in control. Part of me wishes I ripped the kid out of the car but as I get older I just dont want the legal hassle, and with my luck the cops would pull up as Im powerbombing the kid.

Last edited:
Did you think about getting his plate number and calling it in?

If you could have done that, you might be saving a young girl's life.

another fine massachusetts resident. we always exercise polite and courteous behavior while on the roads.

kid's going to screw with the wrong person or just plain wreck out. darwinism my friend!

I have taken down license plates of a**h***s and called them in. Nothing happens because the cops say it`s my word against his. This is why I`m in favor of a good beating for these tough guys. IMHO it`s the only thing that would cure their reckless behavior.

You made the right moves in my mind. Kept your cool and let him be an idiot. If you got out the car he would have, at a minimum sued you for the dry cleaning costs of having to have his pants cleaned after pissing them [rofl]

It's funny, when I drive, I don't see any of this... Nothing but safe following distances and turn signals as far as the eye can see...

450px-Tumbler_in_Toronto.JPG

He must've had nothing better to do. That's pretty ridiculous.

I believe it was all show for the girl. He had a tight grip on the door when he opened it to yell at me, and he was not getting out. Im 6 foot 2 and I think he saw that when he got a better look at me.

On a similar situation I took the license plate no. So, who should I call to report? MSP? Without solid evidence, it's your word against the other jackaxx.

Most cell phones will record video. Tricky if you are alone, but always a handy thing to have if you have a passenger.

On a similar situation I took the license plate no. So, who should I call to report? MSP? Without solid evidence, it's your word against the other jackaxx.

There are ways to find out who the owner of the vehicle is, and sometimes a simple phone call to the parents may be all it takes.

Solid evidence? Who said anything about taking him to court. HA This day in age? Just call it in from your cell with the plate and tell the cops he flashed a gun at you. We shall see about the "well it's your word against his"

AFAIK, the only way the police will do anything is if they see it happen. They may get multiple calls on the same incident which definitely turns up their interest but they still need to witness it before any action.

As an aside, I've had incidents where I ended up followed, sometimes for considerable distance. What I did was nonchalantly drive to whatever local police station was handy and pull into the parking lot. The general reaction of the pursuer was totally flummoxed panic and then as quick of a departure as they could make. It is not so much as turning the table, it is flipping it over on top of them.

It may be your word against his but if 3, 4 or 10 people call the guy in it's "his word against 10". Cops tend to pay attention if they get multiple calls on a single car.
Yes there are ways to get someone's license plate and you could talk to the kid's parents but in my experience the apple doesn't usually fall to far from the tree and that might be a can of worms you don't want to open.
You handled this a lot better than I would have.

I have a similar story, but I was on the other side. I was that 17 year old kid. . . someone called my father (actually knew him) and told him how I was driving.

I got an ass kicking, and my car up on blocks for a month

Something similar happened to me a few years ago. There were three young people in the other car. I saw a parked cop on the right shoulder, so pulled over to discuss it with the LEO, at which point the youths pulled in behind me, lied to the LEO and said I was the one engaging in road rage. The LEO told me it was my word against theirs. Then he told me quietly the youths were "well known" to the local authorities. But somehow their word is as good as mine. Nice.

So be careful. If there are no other witnesses you could suddlenly find yourself up the creek.

Run the plate number and send the Wolfman223 over to his house carrying a fully loaded pack o' Kools. He'd get the message then! [devil]

Back
Top Bottom