Road Rage & Firearm Self Defense Question

I did read the OP and his friend went to move over but the guy behind him couldn't wait till he moved over so the rager probably cut someone off to get in that lane. The friend was probably waiting till he had enough room to safely move over the rager didn't care about safety. I see people cutting others off on a regular basis. You've got people that will be in the left lane and all of a sudden they cut across the other lanes to make an exit at the last second. As I've said in my prior posts if the person in the left lane is passing they have a right to be there and that they should move over when safe to do so but there are those on here that want the person to cut people off so that they can get to where they are going a couple minutes faster while endangering everybody's life in the process.

True, but go back and read the OP. The right lane was not solid cars as evidenced by the fact that the friend did move over, and that by the time he did there was sufficient room for the rager to have already moved over.

If I'm passing and someone comes up on me tight I try to signal as soon as I see there's going to be a slot to move over, and I start moving over as soon as I see the headlights of the vehicle behind me are even with the car on the right. That's closer than I normally like to merge back in, but I want to be most of the way into right lane before the tailgater has room to cut right and around. Many left lane campers won't pull over until there's a clear quarter mile stretch to pull into, or even half a mile if there's a truck up ahead.

I don't know, I mean how much more cool does a story get when you add the " and racked the gun to chamber a round".

Without that "cool factor" this thread would've ended at 6 posts.
Add in "tactical roll-over"and we could have 200 more posts in this thread.

Without that "cool factor" this thread would've ended at 6 posts.
Add in "tactical roll-over"and we could have 200 more posts in this thread.
Every friend story should have multiple slide racking, a press check every minute or two, tactical rolls and a non filter cigarette.

I have no problem at all with people travelling in the left lane if they're willing to go fast. "camping" in the left lane implies, to me at least, some douchebag barely doing the speed limit (or worse yet not even doing the speed limit) and driving 5 miles without once looking in the rearview.

If you're not willing to do 75 or 80, get the **** out of the left lane unless it's a quick pass.

No, why does the left lane driver get to decide how fast is fast?

If the other lanes are open, move!

- - - Updated - - -

a sunroof and a few handfuls of pea gravel would have a good motivator to back off.

Or a lahge regulah

I wouldn't have stopped....the cops and court would have seen that as a mutual agreement to have a confrontation. I'd have let the ****er side swipe me if he wanted to and then I'd sue him out of house and home.

Road rage never ends well...the cops and courts just assume both parties are stupid knuckleheads. Dash cams are a good idea!

I had an incident the other day going to work entering a two "lane" rotary in revere. I was in the left lane waiting to pull into the rotary and some guy was in the right lane right next to me also waiting. When clear we both proceeded to enter the rotary. The expectation at this rotary is that you stay in the lane you were in (all roads entering the rotary have 2 lanes, so if you're in the left lane you take the inside track in the rotary). Anyway this lunatic starts freaking out laying on the horn, cuts me off and then slams his breaks on. I almost nailed him. he then starts going again, SUPER SLOW, and when I tried to go around him he moved over in front of me and slammed his breaks on again. I exited the rotary at my normal exit and he actually raced around the rotary again to follow me, pulls up next to me at the light and is screaming something at me. I honestly have no idea what he was ever so mad about. And I truly amazed myself at keeping calm and not engaging him because I really wanted to get out of the car and ****ing destroy him. 100% of the whole incident was his fault, he was the sole aggressor, but I know if he had pulled over and then I did too a fight likely would have occurred and the court would **** me just as hard as they'd **** him.

There's NEVER a winner in a road rage incident. Best to just keep driving. If they hit you, get the plate and let the cops handle it.

- - - Updated - - -

hahah ^this. People who camp in the left lane should be euthanized!
495 during rush hours there is rarely Amy room to move over but still, some a-holes try to push it.
More than a few times I've had people swerve aligns me just as I have safe distance to move over.
More often than not it is people driving luxury cars that drive like their time is more valuable than someone else's life.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Go up to the top right of this forum and hit the advanced search link.

Put in the phrase: Linda Hamilton

Read up.

The fact the guy passed OPs friend on the right means there was space. OPs friend was impeding the flow of traffic. He was wrong.

The left lane is NOT a travel lane,it is a PASSING lane.Does not matter how fast you are going,make your pass then get back over.

Obviously with the traffic here the left lane does become a travel lane,but all the other times stay out of it.If you are doing 120mph and there is nobody in the travel lane,that is were you need to be.What I mostly run into is idiots at night that do 65 in the passing lane when there are no other cars around.Just because there aren't any cars,does not mean you can travel in the passing lane.It is much harder to predict what some idiot is going to do who is traveling in the passing lane,being that he obviously does no know the rules of the road so he most likely can't drive predictably either.

Most people in this state would be killed,or cause someone to be killed on the Autobahn.****ers don't even know the basic rules.

The trouble here is that different people have different ideas about how much space is "enough room" or "safe". The guy in the left lane wasn't comfortable moving to the right yet. The guy in the hurry was more than comfortable going on the inside. Each has their own standards they obey, TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE to their own observances, training, customs, etc. Neither is wrong. BOTH are wrong for making it into something. Just let it happen naturally, and leave each other alone, and carry on. No?

Wow. NES has really surprised me with this one. All I can say is what a buncha pussies. This is why I practice shooting lefty all the time.

As soon as the aggressive motorist got out of his car, I would have rolled down my window, hung my left hand out the window, and mag dumped my 40.. straight up in the air. Warning shots. Tailgate AND brake check me?! Oh, I am spraying lead....

e062ffdb2d69d777f52ab40ff97f4d2b.jpg
0fc7e6273e090118b4fa81ec38018959.jpg

Wow. NES has really surprised me with this one. All I can say is what a buncha pussies. This is why I practice shooting lefty all the time.

As soon as the aggressive motorist got out of his car, I would have rolled down my window, hung my left hand out the window, and mag dumped my 40.. straight up in the air. Warning shots. Tailgate AND brake check me?! Oh, I am spraying lead....
No need to shoot lefty. You should have opened the passenger window as he passed on the right and unloaded on him as he drove by. Takes much less time.

Only if you're holding the gatt sideways. Otherwise, it's "brandishing."

You forgot to add: pull over as he goes into the ditch, take his keys and registration, drive to his house, you know the rest.

No need to shoot lefty. You should have opened the passenger window as he passed on the right and unloaded on him as he drove by. Takes much less time.

That's just crazy. I don't want to actually shoot the guy. Besides, you know how loud that would be? Permanent hearing loss for sure. Nope, muzzle has to be as far from the car as possible.
Maybe take out his rear window. I mean, after all, he did make me move my right foot 6" to apply the brakes. Can't let that shit slide. Would have to come up with something cool to say as you slowly cruise by, while he is diving into the driver's seat. Something like.." Keep coming..... I will reload" or " A little courtesy won't kill you...."

There are lots of pissed off people driving around everyday, looking for an excuse to start trouble.

I never bite on any of that, just drive away and smile.

It's funny reading this whole thread... I took up boxing around ten years ago and started carrying soon after that (unrelated). Before taking boxing and carrying seriously, I had much more of an attitude when I drove around... getting pissed off at all the a-holes that are on the road every day (like anybody who cruises in the left lane oblivious to anybody else and doesn't understand the passing concept)... The more I learned that: 1) I can kick a lot of people's asses and there are a lot of people who can kick my ass, and 2) I can shoot somebody if I have to but there are a lot of people who also carry (way more than I ever thought before I became educated), the more I learned that it wasn't my place to train any other drivers out there (as if any of us ever could). I still shake my head and call people a-holes every day... but I keep it to myself now because it's just not worth it and you never know what you're up against.

Tesla driver in Germany uses his car to slow and save an unconscious VW driver.

http://jalopnik.com/heroic-driver-sacrifices-his-tesla-to-save-unconscious-1792349590

Tesla to pick up the repair costs: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/good-guy-elon-musk-fixes-heros-tesla-model-s-for-free/

I liked this part of the story, however, which is why I posted it in this thread:
It’s an act of total heroism. Not only did the Tesla driver have to sacrifice his own car (the newspaper says that his Tesla and the Passat suffered about 10,000 Euro in combined damage), but he had to do something that Germans are programmed from birth never to do: pass in the right lane—a crime right up there with theft, wasting good beer, and putting bacon on Jaegerschnitzel.

Pretty much beaten to death here but:
Never pull over when confronted wIth a road rager
Pulling his gun and racking it "just in case" after pulling over certainly gives me e "premeditated" impresssion
No matter how fast you're going, if possible, don't travel in the left lane

Your friend might have actually made the rager worse by after deciding to pass on the right, he finally moved over. The rager might have decided your friend was playing the "I decide the acceptable speed" a-hole and actually initiated the agrressive driving. This of course is dependent on how much traffic there was. Your friend might have been trying to get a safe distance ahead of the car he had just passed and not wanted to cut them off... a distance the rager decided was unacceptable. In this case, rager in the wrong for being too impatient. Or, for example, the rager was on your buddy's tail for "a while" trying to get him to move, your buddy didn't until the rager decided to pass on the right (which is legal on some MA highways), then your buddy decided to move over in essence cutting off the rager. In this case, your buddy is doubly wrong, both for lane camping and for cutting the guy off. Doesn't excuse the rager's response but either person could have initiated the first problem.

Consider this version of the story (rather than a separate parody thread)...
I was traveling fast (okay, very fast) in the left lane when I come up to this car camping there. I tried flashing lights to get him to move but he doesn't. After a minute of trying to get him out of the passing lane, I move to the right lane to pass. That's when this jackwad swerves in front of me, cutting me off, then swerves back. This shakes me up, but I'm able to proceed. Then, as soon as I pass him, he finally leaves the left lane and gets right behind me, now tailgating me. I tap my brakes to get him to back off, which kind of works. I then decide this is dumb and pull over to let him pass. He pulled over too. As I'm looking in my mirror at him, I see him screwing around with something below his dash... OMG, what if he's got a gun or a knife?!?! I put my car in reverse to scare him off since he might get out and start shooting next and he takes off. I take a couple of deep breaths and get back on my way. I get back up to my cruising speed (again, really too fast) and end up passing the guy a few miles later. He didn't look like a psycho but who knows these days, right?

Back
Top Bottom