RMV Fail: 546 license suspensions, more to come

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was wondering, what the worse that can happen if you dont register a trailer? A fine?

If someone rearends your trailer and gets hurt, would not having it registered become an issue for the owner of the trailer?
It gets towed. Saw a guy a couple of weeks ago with a boat and trailer, no plate with MSP behind him. On my return there was the flatbed getting ready to haul it.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I took my daughter to the registry for her permit test last Friday. After waiting in line to get in the door and then two hours waiting for her number to be called they announced the computers were down. They would be down indefinitely so they couldn't process anything license related.
Completely incompetant.
Last Friday was the last day of June. The WORST day to go to the Reg. My daughter's 16th, we headed to the RMV to get her permit test. 5/30. 2.5 hours. We were late for her party. This was. . . . . . . . . . 6 years ago. I suspect not much has changed.

Because everyone is trying to renew registrations, it ends up pulling people off the license desk. Slow as mole-asses.

Daughter #2 - went in middle-of-the-month a year later. No problems at all. In and out.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Missing the obvious question about how they can reliably manage LTC and disqualifies like adjudicated mental illness of other categories of PP. Forget about the constitutionality of the LTC process, just talking about administering current law.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
LOL not surprising. When I moved from MA to NH, I went down to the NH DMV to sign up for my NH driver's license. This required handing in my MA driver's license. I ask what happens to it, and she said they send these to the MA DMV which will then invalidate them.

MA has a web site that lets you see if your driver's license status is valid. I was curious, so several years after I had moved I checked the status of my MA license... still valid! I think it is safe to assume all these MA driver's licenses dutifully mailed from NH to MA by the NH DMV just sit forever in one of these bins. There's probably no extra money they can get out of me by invalidating a license when I already have another state's valid license, so why bother I guess.

I had also checked my voter registration status in MA recently... 7 years later and still valid. LOL. I wonder who is voting as me though.
Interesting. I need to check my MA license.

When I moved to NC and got my NC DL, the woman was careful to explain not to carry both licenses. You get a temp paper one in NC which you can carry with your MA license. But once your plastic real ID license arrives, you can only carry one or the other. Carrying both is a felony. Unreal.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

When I moved to NC and got my NC DL, the woman was careful to explain not to carry both licenses. You get a temp paper one in NC which you can carry with your MA license. But once your plastic real ID license arrives, you can only carry one or the other. Carrying both is a felony. Unreal.
That is bizarre... I wonder if she was making stuff up.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
No, I looked it up. It’s true. No IDs from two or more different states.

6 CFR § 37.29 - Prohibition against holding more than one REAL ID card or more than one driver's license.

Now, If it’s a felony, that I don’t know. But it is apparently illegal to carry both. Again, unreal. We’re committing crimes every day that we don’t even know we’re commuting! But ignorance of the law is no excuse!
Wow, that is just nuts. I wonder how they define "holding"... it could be just having one assigned to you regardless of its physical location, or on your person, or somewhere in your house. I'm not sure which.

Regardless, it sounds like it is saying it would be illegal to hold both a passport card (which is real ID compliant thus a real ID card) and a real ID driver's license at the same time. But, it's fine for a passport card but a non-real-ID driver's license. Wow. I'm glad I opted out so I wouldn't be a felon. I sometimes carry both a driver's license and a passport card, and always if I'm traveling outside the country. I had no idea I'm an instal-felon if my license had that stupid star in the corner.

Reactions: AHM

Blooglo

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I went to get my license renewed last year - I got the non-compliant license. BFYTW. I still had to produce all sorts of identification - AND I had to go to Concord Town Hall and get a new copy of my birth certificate - because the copy that I had - which was probably 40 years old - didn't have the required information on it that they were looking for.

That's why Blooglo's comment about how illegal aliens are getting RealID licenses is a really BIG WTF . Why the hell are we all getting anal probed just to get a goddam license - if they're just going to give out REALID licenses to phucking illegals ANYWAY.
Linky: Alleged drug dealer was able to get a Real ID license under someone else's name

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
you would really think that the shit would hit the fan with this one; the cronyism, nepotism, bullshit that has been going on at the RMV for decades..

You would think.........

It's starting to look like it's just going to be another case of "Whoopsie - we didn't do our damn jobs and 7 people are dead - oh well..............."

You see it's cases like this why I constantly say shit like : " You know what needs to happen - the state of MA needs to get caught giving away RealID license to illegal aliens who then go out and murder an entire mommy and me class full of young mothers and their babies after using the license to rent a truck and ill it up with explosives ".

But I'm not sure even that would get more than a couple of week rise out of the news cycle - as the politicians scurried around to bury the whole thing. The likely outcome of that would be that they'd ban buying diesel fuel in more than quantities of 2 gallons at a time - and ban any form of fertilizer - so I can't keep my grass green. So it would just be another case of obey the law and get phucked - break the law and (literally) - get away with murder.

M1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
So that magical card in your wallet that you needed a birth certificate to get can no longer be renewed without showing them a birth certificate?

I can see how that makes sense?
Look up Real ID. It is a federal thing not a state thing.

Super99Z

NES Member
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
It turns into rape-rape if you have commercial plates, you get to pay 4x that of a passenger plate! Its double the money for half the time!

ccm75

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So who's getting fired for letting boxes and boxes of out of state notices pile up in Quincy?
The head of the RMV resigned (with a pension?) but anyone else even close to being held accountable?
Someone knew this was happening and was too lazy or stupid to deal with it..............Heads buried in the trough should roll.

ISOTOX

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
So who's getting fired for letting boxes and boxes of out of state notices pile up in Quincy?
The head of the RMV resigned (with a pension?) but anyone else even close to being held accountable?
Someone knew this was happening and was too lazy or stupid to deal with it..............Heads buried in the trough should roll.
Nope no other heads rolling just another new job created for some Political hack....

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

NC let you keep possession of your Mass license after they issued you your NC temp license ???
When I moved from Mass to NH, the NHDMV took my Mass license away when they gave me my NH temp, so carrying two valid licenses at the same time was not even an option.

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I went to renew my DL today and was turned away and told to come back with a birth certificate. Jack.
If your a AAA member you can do it there and they are much more friendly and helpful.

That is because of the federal Real ID regulations. You can’t blame RMV for that.
I blame the RMV. Once they started giving licenses to illegal immigrants and dead people they destroyed the credibility of a drivers license for ID.

Bob

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is as much Charlie Baker's fault as anyone's. He appointed the head of the RMV. That's not an elected position. You serve at the bequest of the Gov. You know what they say about where the buck stops... If he hired competent people as opposed to handing out jobs as a quid-pro-quo to return political favors, we may actually get some performance out of these administrative positions rather than hacks collecting a salary on our dime.

Say what you want about Deval and I've got plenty to say - but I don't think his administration ever got so many people killed. What a blatant disregard for human life on the part of this administration. Letting known, proven, and established persons who are dangerous behind the wheel continue to operate vehicles on the roads.

Charlie Baker should be resigning over this...

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Say what you want about Deval and I've got plenty to say - but I don't think his administration ever got so many people killed. What a blatant disregard for human life on the part of this administration. Letting known, proven, and established persons who are dangerous behind the wheel continue to operate vehicles on the roads.
Massachusetts Drug Lab Scandals
Since 2012, the Massachusetts criminal justice system has been dealing with fallout from two scandals at the state's forensic drug labs: Annie Dookhan (the Hinton lab in Jamaica Plain) and Sonja Farak (the Amherst lab).​

Over the course of more than five years, these two scandals have resulted in the dismissal of roughly 30,000 convictions ...​

What are the odds all 30,000 were choir boys?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Massachusetts Drug Lab Scandals
Since 2012, the Massachusetts criminal justice system has been dealing with fallout from two scandals at the state's forensic drug labs: Annie Dookhan (the Hinton lab in Jamaica Plain) and Sonja Farak (the Amherst lab).​

Over the course of more than five years, these two scandals have resulted in the dismissal of roughly 30,000 convictions ...​

What are the odds all 30,000 were choir boys?
Probably very low. But that wasn't my point.

AHM

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably very low. But that wasn't my point.
Doubtless.

Just saying that some of the most egregious (known) doin's
that transpired on Cadillac Deval's "watch"
probably had unintended negative consequences.

(I hasten to add that:
not even I think that Annie fabricating test results,
and Sonja smoking/snorting/injecting
every speck of evidence that crossed her desk,
was a deliberate effort to move convicts out of prison
(and in to the voting booth)).

Last edited:
Top Bottom