RMV Carry

I was just down at the Haymarket Branch, strapped as a Motherf^cker...

The registry has armed rent-a-cops there to keep the peace. They open carry. I do several transactions at rmv each year. Usually I see them watching videos on their phones or laptops.​

No risk of employees snapping. When there is zero accountability, how much job stress can you have?

I don't know man, from my last few experiences employees looked as though they were hanging by a very thin thread. This was Worcester which in it's self is a hell hole.

I don't know man, from my last few experiences employees looked as though they were hanging by a very thin thread. This was Worcester which in it's self is a hell hole.

I'm pretty sure every RMV employee looks annoyed all the time, or similar. Even though that job is gravy train for them on the back end they have to deal with people all day who are (often RIGHTLY) annoyed or pissed off, and RMV clerks are the arbiters of some of the dumbest, most arcane shit ever cast into law on the planet. It's not like there's any real flexibility in any of the rules or policies they have. Not to mention, think about it- some guy goes in there paying a speeding ticket- he's giving money to an agent of an entity that likely cost him over $500-1000 on one traffic stop. (depending on where your points are, it's not difficult to extrapolate this into real money over time. ) so to say everyone will be on edge is an understatement. Or that guy who has been back to the RMV like 3 times to straighten out a title issue, but the clerk at the window is too f***ing dumb to understand what a "title transfer from a line item probate" is.

-Mike

They would look the same way saying "Would you like fries with that?"...

I'm pretty sure every RMV employee looks annoyed all the time, or similar. Even though that job is gravy train for them on the back end they have to deal with people all day who are (often RIGHTLY) annoyed or pissed off, and RMV clerks are the arbiters of some of the dumbest, most arcane shit ever cast into law on the planet. It's not like there's any real flexibility in any of the rules or policies they have. Not to mention, think about it- some guy goes in there paying a speeding ticket- he's giving money to an agent of an entity that likely cost him over $500-1000 on one traffic stop. (depending on where your points are, it's not difficult to extrapolate this into real money over time. ) so to say everyone will be on edge is an understatement. Or that guy who has been back to the RMV like 3 times to straighten out a title issue, but the clerk at the window is too f***ing dumb to understand what a "title transfer from a line item probate" is.

-Mike

Seriously. They have a cake job that will pay for it's self after they retire. Is the RMV like toll collectors as in do you have to know someone in order to get the job? Judging from some of the f***tards I see at the RMV I have a feeling I am right.

Seriously. They have a cake job that will pay for it's self after they retire. Is the RMV like toll collectors as in do you have to know someone in order to get the job? Judging from some of the f***tards I see at the RMV I have a feeling I am right.

I'm going to guess the hackerama is the same kind of nepotism system, although RMV is a more difficult job than toll collector is, so the dunce "son of the senator so and so" that might have been cut out for being a tollbooth button presser might not be capable of handling the RMV... lmao.

-Mike

True ... But I would think the entry level and first levels are not where the connected go. The connected would get in as managers, and non union. At least that is what my thought is. If a perosn has juice why blow it on a 40k a year job job? Go for the 100k a year lol.

The registry has armed rent-a-cops there to keep the peace. They open carry. I do several transactions at rmv each year. Usually I see them watching videos on their phones or laptops.​
Yeah, the one I saw, about a year ago, was open carrying a 1911 in a slide type holster with a pistol that was flopping all around. I couldn't get over how sloppy he looked and especially how sloppy his gun carry gear was. Didn't see any spare mag holders on him either. Wonder how much they pay these guys.

You all need to talk to my daughter about what its like to work for the RMV. There are some real idiots in this state. Some people need to go on line and do a little research about what is needed before they go in. It's not the RMV clerks fault when people don't know what the hell they want. Also, people think that just because they work for the govt, RMV clerks are free game for abuse. Benefits and pay aren't that great either.

Just because a job is posted on the website does not mean it has not already been hardwired for a preferred candidate.
man is that the truth. i met a guy who works for the mass lottery commission and popped the question how does one get a job at the mass lottery? specifically working in a local office or tending a route reconciling accounts/replenishing supplies, etc. those jobs are all posted within the state job pool for promotions, laterals and the like. it sounded like the jobs are publicly posted , well, because they have to. by the way, according to him, no one leaves those positions...lottery, rmv....they stay until dead or retire. and why not, they don't seem to kill themselves and bust chops for sport.

At least the RMV is upfront about the job description...From a current posting in Worcester area for RMV clerk.

Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this classification, incumbents work indoors within an office setting. The noise level is moderate. Incumbents may be exposed to verbal confrontations.

no one leaves those positions...lottery, rmv....they stay until dead or retire. and why not, they don't seem to kill themselves and bust chops for sport.
It's because compensation (including pension and medical between retirement and Medicare) substantially exceeds the market value of the job.

Home Depot and Lowes are both continually hiring (more or less) people without connections because they pay at, not above, market.

Back
Top Bottom