RMR, optic, Red Dot for a Glock?

Almost everything has components made in China. I read that the Trijicon MRO magnifier is made in China, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Chinese components in their RMR, not that they would admit it even if they did.
Stop, you just google that right now trying to prove a point... The MRO is NOT - the magnifier is... Buying shit from China is dumb, but there is not a person here who doesn't have a bunch of shit at least partially produced there. There is zero point in wasting time worrying or justifying stuff like this.

Just get the Holosun SCS. Everyone who calls it Chinese crap is just biased since it’s made in China. It’s high quality and has been vetted by Sage Dynamics. If it was made in USA, it would cost twice as much. Many companies also don’t mill MOS slides, so you’re stuck with a plate for RMR.
I'll check it out, Thanks!

Almost everything has components made in China. I read that the Trijicon MRO magnifier is made in China, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they use Chinese components in their RMR, not that they would admit it even if they did.
Yeah, but only Trijicon comes with a bible reference engraved on each unit - which apparently was considered uncool when the US military was operating in Muslim nations.

from where?
Pistol would be for range toy for now, I want to see if I like optic/RMR on a pistol.
Glock is on the way, received ship notice last night.
They are also on Amazon.
Just picked up a 43x MOS with an RMSc already installed. Will be interesting to see which one I like better.

Last edited:
Just get the Holosun SCS. Everyone who calls it Chinese crap is just biased since it’s made in China. It’s high quality and has been vetted by Sage Dynamics. If it was made in USA, it would cost twice as much. Many companies also don’t mill MOS slides, so you’re stuck with a plate for RMR.
The Chinese are inferior engineers and manufacturers. All they do is reverse engineer and copy someone else, often making mistakes. Also, their entire culture is currently based on graft and short cuts. The only reason companies outsourced to China was lax environmental/pollution controls and the majority of their labor was about a step from "Feudal Peasant". BTW, the majority of their manufacturing labor is still subpar. Their products are crap and there isn't a single product that you can name that is "better" than a US manufactured one.

Giving the Communist Party of China our money makes zero sense when 1) they are divesting of US Treasuries and aligning monetarily and commodity wise as competitors weakening our economy 2) supporting and supplying Russia against US interests in Ukraine (not that we should be supporting Ukraine, but there it is). 3) Taiwan, as in we will eventually be in a shooting war with them 4) they are communist suckasses who developed and released covid on the world and more importantly the US

So, am I biased? Yep. f*** China and f*** communists. Buy American, if you can, when you can. If you're all so short-sighted that saving a few bucks is more important than addressing the above, well, you're a skinflint of the worst order and deserve heaps of scorn.

most companies who claim 'made in USA' just do a final assembly step domestically, and that may be literally like a last 1/4 turn of the one single bolt of the whole unit. as long as last hands to touch it were here - it is a 'made in USA' stamp worthy.
So, an American company that manufacturers in the US employs Americans and keeps the money in the US. A foreign company that manufacturers in the US employs Americans. Doesn't really matter if it's final assembly or full-on nuts to bolts. Supply chains are condensing however as the age of globalism comes to a close and economies adapt to more nationalization and regionalization. Bottom line, the worst is to buy something that has superior US competitors from a foreign competitor that manufactures outside the US. Holosun is Chinese made shit. I could almost forgive someone for buying it if they did final assembly in the US, but they don't. Full on Chinese. Like I said, I don't have a problem buying foreign, I own cars made in Germany and one made in the US with most of the parts from Japan. I own some Euro based optics, etc. What I won't do whenever possible is give China more of my money. I actively go out of my way to not buy China. Sure, it doesn't always work, but that isn't the point, is it?

Yeah, but only Trijicon comes with a bible reference engraved on each unit - which apparently was considered uncool when the US military was operating in Muslim nations.

I never heard one soldier complain about the bible references. Plenty were regularly wearing moral patches that were explicitly offensive to Muslims, and that's OK. War isn't about being polite or even politically correct...

Last edited:
I get why people don't want to support China via Holosun, but in the grand scheme of things, that's a pittance compared to things like Chinese exports of pharmaceuticals to USA. But no one talks about that because the alternative is to never buy generic drugs. Ideally, we would buy neither, but realistically, that's not an option for most. And if China ever wanted to weaponize economy (I mean, more than normal), it would be pharmaceuticals as the sword, not consumer products.

I never heard one soldier complain about the bible references. Plenty were regularly wearing moral patches that were explicitly offensive to Muslims, and that's OK. War isn't about being polite or even politically correct...
It was not the soldiers on our side who were complaining. The other side apparently would prefer to be taken off the board in a woke manner.

High quality and China dont go together. Im sure the design is sound. Chinese labor and QC isnt.

I get why people don't want to support China via Holosun, but in the grand scheme of things, that's a pittance compared to things like Chinese exports of pharmaceuticals to USA. But no one talks about that because the alternative is to never buy generic drugs. Ideally, we would buy neither, but realistically, that's not an option for most. And if China ever wanted to weaponize economy (I mean, more than normal), it would be pharmaceuticals as the sword, not consumer products.
They already have. Where do you think much of the world's fentanyl comes from? The Mexican cartels get it from China. One more reason to say f*** China as they are complicit in our drug war.

The iPhones wear out so quickly
Thats the factory where they have to have active suicide prevention, right?

Since this is NES I guess we will just have conversations based off the rare exceptions [rofl]

China is such a great trading partner afterall, especially after that zero consequence COVID export.

Last edited:
They are also on Amazon.
Just picked up a 43x MOS with an RMSc already installed. Will be interesting to see which one I like better.
Post up how you like it. I got a 43x mos not long ago but have yet to get an optic for it. I wish it didn’t have the rmsc footprint and part of my wishes I got the rail only version and milled it for an RMR

Thats the factory where they have to have active suicide prevention, right?

Since this is NES I guess we will just have conversations based off the rare exceptions [rofl]

China is such a great trading partner afterall, especially after that zero consequence COVID export.
Clinton allowed them to be admitted to the WTO in 2000, which was a BIG mistake.
Since then they have stolen IP from companies they do business with and raped our manufacturers with their permission.
The problem is Western Companies expect China to follow the rules, but China makes up their own rules.

Clinton allowed them to be admitted to the WTO in 2000, which was a BIG mistake.
Since then they have stolen IP from companies they do business with and raped our manufacturers with their permission.
The problem is Western Companies expect China to follow the rules, but China makes up their own rules.
I was going to bring that up. Should the US even allow its domestically designed weapon sights be made in China? Id say no.

They WILL steal it. And the odds of it being used against the West are not trivial.

I have a Rmr on a 19 and a Holosun 508t on a 17. Both use Grey Ghost Precision milled slides so there is no need to use plates. I specifically stayed away from MOS for this reason. They sit low enough that I can still see the top third of the irons. Also have a Vortex Viper on a M&P. The Viper I'd use for games but not carry. It's most likely coming off. Between the RMR and the 508t I actually prefer the 508t.

Post up how you like it. I got a 43x mos not long ago but have yet to get an optic for it. I wish it didn’t have the rmsc footprint and part of my wishes I got the rail only version and milled it for an RMR
Will do. I do like how low it sits and it sure seems like it would take some beating without loosing zero. There is no off switch however, it has a 2 year battery life so I just plan on changing it (2032 button cell) once a year. Certainly has some sacrifices for its small size.

They already have. Where do you think much of the world's fentanyl comes from? The Mexican cartels get it from China. One more reason to say f*** China as they are complicit in our drug war.

I don't doubt that, but we were talking about the stance of boycotting China's legal trade goods. I was just pointing out China's #1 legal export to the US is pharmaceuticals, not consumer electronics. And even in the category of consumer electronics, gun optics is such a small piece of the pie compared to all the other Amazon crap we collectively buy that I have a hard time getting upset about it. If anything, Holosun is the only good piece of Chinese electronics I've ever purchased. And I'll confidently say "ever".

I certainly understand the concern about supporting the CCP. I will say, however, that Trijicon has been resting on its laurels and hasn’t innovated in years. The need to remove the RMR once a year to replace the battery is just stupid. I have an RMR on one of my carry guns. It‘s a good red dot. But it sure is a heck of a lot easier to replace the battery in the 507k on one of my other carry guns.

In contrast, Holosun’s innovation can be dizzying — the 509t, the EPS, the SCS, etc.

I hope that Holosun’s advances will finally kick both Trijicon and Aimpoint in the backside hard enough that they both start to innovate again.

I certainly understand the concern about supporting the CCP. I will say, however, that Trijicon has been resting on its laurels and hasn’t innovated in years. The need to remove the RMR once a year to replace the battery is just stupid. I have an RMR on one of my carry guns. It‘s a good red dot. But it sure is a heck of a lot easier to replace the battery in the 507k on one of my other carry guns.

In contrast, Holosun’s innovation can be dizzying — the 509t, the EPS, the SCS, etc.

I hope that Holosun’s advances will finally kick both Trijicon and Aimpoint in the backside hard enough that they both start to innovate again.

I've gotten a lot longer than 1 year off a RMR battery. That said, yes, the RMR battery on the bottom is dumb. The SRO fixed that although its not exactly easy to do without scratching the sight.

As for innovation I don't think Trijicon is failing. While the RMR is tricky to annoying in terms of finding the dot, it's still a well respected red dot and it's very strong. Then we have the SRO. Seems innovative to me? In fairness I'm not comparing it to a lot exactly, but it has a fantastic window. The downsides are it being maybe a little to big and not as strong as the RMR. But what's to hate?

Sure, things like the 4x ACOG's should be put out back and shot, but then again Trijicon pulls out the 1.5x TA44 mini ACOG. That thing is f***ing unbelievable, it's a great sight. I could stand on the other side of the room and still have no eye relief issues.

I don't have any issues with Holosun as a company or their products. Although I do have issues with the US giving the Chinese the plans to make high end modern red dots. I think that's a big mistake among others.

Most of the complaints about dot acquisition (not all) on the RMR are likely just a training issue.

Ran a G19 with an RMR for a few years now and I recently had my P365X milled for an RMRcc. I was concerned that moving to smaller window would be an issue, but it really wasn't.

Consistent presentation will dramatically improve your ability to aquire the dot. Some folks prefer a larger window, providing a larger margin of error, and that's perfectly fine.

I have an SRO for competition. It’s a great red dot. But it is unchanged in several years and not innovative. It is just another open emitter red dot.

Where is their closed emitter? Shake awake technology? Solar panel? Extreme low profile like SCS? Holosun has them beat on innovation.

I’m sure the RMR battery will last longer than a year, but for a carry gun red dot you need to replace the battery before it dies. Hence the need to replace it once per year, which I do with all my red dots.

i would trade sro size for extreme low profile any time. I hate dots that sit crazy high - like no matter how I try to get used to a dpp on top of ruger mk4 - it is impossible to draw it and find damn dot. And I even got there crazy expensive almost flat mount plate instead of a rail.
Scs on a Glock is great for presentation as you see that dot where stock irons are. No need to search for it.

OP asked for recommendations for an optic for his MOS pistol, not opinions on whether or not he should support China. Holosun is a private Chinese company, it is not owned by the CCP. I don’t mind supporting Chinese people, the people are not the government. Sure they pay taxes to the CCP, but if you go by that logic, then buying USA made products mean you are supporting years of bombings in the Middle East.

And for the ignoramus who have never been to China, their manufacturing and technology is light years ahead of us. You don’t see many high quality “made in China“ products here because ppl don‘t want to pay for the quality, so they send us the cheapest crap they can make.

OP asked for recommendations for an optic for his MOS pistol, not opinions on whether or not he should support China. Holosun is a private Chinese company, it is not owned by the CCP. I don’t mind supporting Chinese people, the people are not the government. Sure they pay taxes to the CCP, but if you go by that logic, then buying USA made products mean you are supporting years of bombings in the Middle East.

And for the ignoramus who have never been to China, their manufacturing and technology is light years ahead of us. You don’t see many high quality “made in China“ products here because ppl don‘t want to pay for the quality, so they send us the cheapest crap they can make.
Correction - they don't send us the cheaper crap ... American companies order the cheaper crap for their American customers.

Correction - they don't send us the cheaper crap ... American companies order the cheaper crap for their American customers.
Thanks, that‘s what I meant to express. If Apple was willing to spend an extra dollar on their iPhone components, it wouldn’t have any issues. It’s the greed of American companies.

Back
Top Bottom