• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RMR for Conceal Carry?

So after handling a Glock 19 I'm kinda liking it. I know, it is the dark side, but it is seductive after all [laugh]. I'm probably going to pickup a G19 at some point but the question is, is it worthwhile to put an RMR on for conceal carry?

What are the advantages/disadvantages to doing do?

BLUF: No.
I have an FNX Tactical 45 with a Trij RMR (battery powered). First, it will increase printing (adds another 1in to the verticle profile of your firearm). Also, it provides another piece of "Gucci gear" to get snagged on clothing when you draw. Finally, if you get a battery powered one, it is just that- battery powered. The fiber optic ones would obviously solve this problem, but you are betting your life on a piece of electronic/fiber optic equipment either way- I realize this is done in LE/MIL every day, but it is one less thing to worry about on your CC firearm.

I doubt if I had to use my CC in a UOF situation an RMR would make a difference. For me, the RMR is great for quick/multiple shot solutions on different targets. Your typical UOF situation will be under 21 ft, 1 target..anything further than that and you probably would need a couple crack shot lawyers to get you out of the hole.

Get yourself some nice Truglo Fiber optic/tritium sights and call it a day. Put an RMR on your tacticool range toy.

Last edited:
So after handling a Glock 19 I'm kinda liking it. I know, it is the dark side, but it is seductive after all [laugh]. I'm probably going to pickup a G19 at some point but the question is, is it worthwhile to put an RMR on for conceal carry?

What are the advantages/disadvantages to doing do?

I cc'd my G19 with an RMR on it (onesourcetactical slide) for a little while just to do it. It wasn't that much more difficult to carry then my carry G19, it adds bulk to the gun, but not in a bad way for carry. I was using a Raven VG2 IWB, so the housing kind of dug into me depending on the position I was sitting, I would imagine with an OWB holster, it would be plenty comfortable.

It is fast once get used to finding the dot, and easy to make hits one handed.

I took the RMR off and use the gun as a back up now because I got the RMR (non LED model) from botach's blow out and it needs to be sent back to Trij for refreshing.

When I get around to sending it back to them and it gets returned, I will let you know and you can play with it all you want.

BLUF: No.
I have an FNX Tactical 45 with a Trij RMR (battery powered). First, it will increase printing (adds another 1in to the verticle profile of your firearm). Also, it provides another piece of "Gucci gear" to get snagged on clothing when you draw. Finally, if you get a battery powered one, it is just that- battery powered. The fiber optic ones would obviously solve this problem, but you are betting your life on a piece of electronic/fiber optic equipment either way- I realize this is done in LE/MIL every day, but it is one less thing to worry about on your CC firearm.

I doubt if I had to use my CC in a UOF situation an RMR would make a difference. For me, the RMR is great for quick/multiple shot solutions on different targets. Your typical UOF situation will be under 21 ft, 1 target..anything further than that and you probably would need a couple crack shot lawyers to get you out of the hole.

Get yourself some nice Truglo Fiber optic/tritium sights and call it a day. Put an RMR on your tacticool range toy.

That's why you have suppressor sights on the gun as well, in case anything does fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways I enjoyed these two articles:

http://trex-arms.com/trijicon-rmr-versus-aimpoint-t1-for-pistols/

http://trex-arms.com/the-beginners-guide-to-pistol-reddots/

That's why you have suppressor sights on the gun as well, in case anything does fail.

Very true. On my FNX Tactical, not G19. Ok, so get raised suppressor sights for the glock as well- then those will snag on stuff in addition to the RMR. Pardon my inexperience with putting a RMR on a glock, but the sights would not be high enough to co-witness, no?

Very true. On my FNX Tactical, not G19. Ok, so get raised suppressor sights for the glock as well- then those will snag on stuff in addition to the RMR. Pardon my inexperience with putting a RMR on a glock, but the sights would not be high enough to co-witness, no?

IMAG00331_zps61f01987.jpg

Nice rig! Yeah- you would obviously want BUIS, which would have to be raised to compensate and add another thing to snag on clothing- I feel like a major selling point for CC firearms are snag-free profiles (im thinking of hammerless revolvers etc). Damn, that is a nice looking glock, though!

Nice rig! Yeah- you would obviously want BUIS, which would have to be raised to compensate and add another thing to snag on clothing- I feel like a major selling point for CC firearms are snag-free profiles (im thinking of hammerless revolvers etc). Damn, that is a nice looking glock, though!

It will look a lot cooler with a can threaded on the end of it. [wink]

That's great for pocket carry but with a good holster suppressor sights, rmr,etc are gtg

So after handling a Glock 19 I'm kinda liking it. I know, it is the dark side, but it is seductive after all [laugh]. I'm probably going to pickup a G19 at some point but the question is, is it worthwhile to put an RMR on for conceal carry? What are the advantages/disadvantages to doing do?

I'm sorry for corrupting you.

I have two RMRs and was thinking about this for my 19. It's too bad the new Glock MOS doesn't recess into the slide like other non-Glock slides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna sell one for cheap? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom