• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

riverview guns in windsor ct.

I thought they stopped selling guns after sandy hook if I remember correctly. I doubt they could survive

Sandy hook was the beginning of the end. Ms. Lanza bought her AR there. It brought scrutiny to a store that was definitely sloppy with their record keeping. Also, a guy walked into the store and grabbed a rifle off the counter and ran.

If they had their feces in a lump, they could have survived. But if you have findings in a compliance and then have the same findings in another compliance audit, they can pull your FFL.

Don

When they lost their ffl all the prices in the store went up to compensate. They wanted to charge me $45 for a box of 50 beowulf. I went to Cabelas and got it for $28. I tried hitting them up when I needed mag carriers and a holster last fall. The lights were off and the store was bare. I'm not at all surprised. By transitioning to only reloading gear and firearm accessories it was only a matter of time til the bills got to be too much.

I bought cars for a dealer at southern auto auction a few miles from that place. I stoped in every wensday for a long time untill last year.I knew they couldent meet overhead without firearm sales. Thanks for the info saved me a drive.

Sandy hook was the beginning of the end. Ms. Lanza bought her AR there. It brought scrutiny to a store that was definitely sloppy with their record keeping. Also, a guy walked into the store and grabbed a rifle off the counter and ran.

If they had their feces in a lump, they could have survived. But if you have findings in a compliance and then have the same findings in another compliance audit, they can pull your FFL.

Don

It was an employee who stole (i think a dozen guns) was charged with that and got probation. The store kept him as an employee and he stole two AR's, the second was stopped by a customer n the parking lot. Employee got 8 yrs in state prison, FFL got looked at and charged for a bunch of beyond sloppy stuff, lost his FFL.

How do you have an employee steal guns and keep them as a an employee?

That's too bad, I used to like poking around that place. I figured they couldn't last once the FFL got pulled. I think that they lost a ton of MA business too once the laws changed requiring an ammo permit. I used to buy there quite a bit prior to that law change, but I wasn't about to pay the state for permission to spend money there.

Back
Top Bottom