• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RIP Vermont: update the restrictions passed the House

Just don't bring any scary mags (pistol up to 15, rifle up to 10 only). There's an exemption for competitions but it ends next July I believe. It's been discussed earlier in this thread.
It's a loooong thread. Been following it but not daily so I clearly missed a few details:( Lady Radtekk and I are booked at a B&B for 4 days in June, wanted to be sure what "Da Rulez" are...

It's a loooong thread. Been following it but not daily so I clearly missed a few details:( Lady Radtekk and I are booked at a B&B for 4 days in June, wanted to be sure what "Da Rulez" are...

If you guys are going anywhere near Manchester, VT definitely get the Morning Glory pancakes at a place called Up for Breakfast. We stay a few nights at a time and I get the same thing every morning. It’s that good.

NRA Backs Lawsuit Against Vermont Firearms Magazine Ban

The National Rifle Association announced on Thursday it would back a lawsuit filed against Vermont's new ban on certain firearms magazines.

The group said it will support a suit filed by the Vermont Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs, Vermont State Rifle and Pistol Association, a group of sporting goods stores, and Vermont citizen Leah Stewart. The plaintiffs allege that the new ban on rifle magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition and handgun magazines capable of holding more than 15 rounds violates the Vermont Constitution.

It won't change now but in 5-10 years it could. That shitberg UBC referendum vote was wayyyyyyyy too close for comfort.

Maine Background Checks for Gun Sales, Question 3 (2016) - Ballotpedia

It's not like it lost by 20%.... that's a harbinger of how close the shit eating zombie moonbats are at the doors up there. You gotta stay vigilant to keep that pestilence out of your state.

-Mike
Bought and paid for wow ! The vast amount of money Blumberg is giving to these commies is dwarfing anything the NRA gives !

They are lining up for their free pmags. Shame they didn't pack the state house with the same numbers to stop this garbage.

Big ups to Magpul and their Operation Airlift.

WE DID PACK THE HOUSE! MANY TIMES! And then the speaker of the house Mitzi Johnson decided that she'd only listen to then antis and stopped holding public hearings for the rest of us! I damn near burned up a keyboard typing emails to all the representatives I could get my hands on. Only 1 or 2 replied. They don't give a shit. It's an agenda paid in full by bloomie/soros/giffords...

Goes in effect on October 1st, 2018.

I'd be shopping for CASES or USGI Mags and Glock mags if I was a resident.

Maybe buy 1000 mags to squirrel away.

WE DID PACK THE HOUSE! MANY TIMES! And then the speaker of the house Mitzi Johnson decided that she'd only listen to then antis and stopped holding public hearings for the rest of us! I damn near burned up a keyboard typing emails to all the representatives I could get my hands on. Only 1 or 2 replied. They don't give a shit. It's an agenda paid in full by bloomie/soros/giffords...

IMHO if this gun control bill had come up as its own bill it would have failed because it would have had enough time to marinate in the media and cause an even greater amount of pressure against them; they rammed this shit through up there in like what seemed like not even a month....

-Mike

Goes in effect on October 1st, 2018.

I'd be shopping for CASES or USGI Mags and Glock mags if I was a resident.

Maybe buy 1000 mags to squirrel away.

IMHO it'll be interesting to see what LE there thinks of this stupidity; a lot of garbage in the law is virtually 110%
unenforceable, outside of "gun dealers not having new mags on the shelf" stuff... considering that this was a Bloomberg product this doesn't surprise me. (for all the money they throw around, the one piece of black humor is that they seem to be 110% terrible in creating the "law product" as it were- they passed UBC in CO or something and the state and feds basically said "uh, you can't do this because its illegal to use NICS like that, sorry, too bad, unenforceable, LOL try again pls. "

IMO pro gunners need to regroup there and figure out how to undo this garbage.

-Mike

IMHO it'll be interesting to see what LE there thinks of this stupidity; a lot of garbage in the law is virtually 110%
unenforceable, outside of "gun dealers not having new mags on the shelf" stuff... considering that this was a Bloomberg product this doesn't surprise me. (for all the money they throw around, the one piece of black humor is that they seem to be 110% terrible in creating the "law product" as it were- they passed UBC in CO or something and the state and feds basically said "uh, you can't do this because its illegal to use NICS like that, sorry, too bad, unenforceable, LOL try again pls. "

-Mike

It was Nevada that passed UBCs (barely!) via ballot initiative last election cycle. The Feds said the State of Nevada couldn't obligate them to complete the background checks on private sales. The difference there though is that Nevada has a very pro-gun governor and AG, so the AG had no problem with the Feds invalidating the law. I don't believe VT has a pro-gun AG, and as for Gov Benedict, well......

It was Nevada that passed UBCs (barely!) via ballot initiative last election cycle. The Feds said the State of Nevada couldn't obligate them to complete the background checks on private sales. The difference there though is that Nevada has a very pro-gun governor and AG, so the AG had no problem with the Feds invalidating the law. I don't believe VT has a pro-gun AG, and as for Gov Benedict, well......

Yeah it was NV not CO.... you're right.

-Mike

They need to stop importing the moonbats from NY. That's what's f***ing them over the hardest, just like NH's voting laws are going to be the end of that particular bastion of freedom.

Back
Top Bottom