RIP Buddy

So sorry for your loss. Our little furry friends do become part of the family and it sucks when they have to leave us. Make sure to take lots of time over the coming days to think of all the good times that he enjoyed and know that you gave him a great and happy life which really is the best you can do.

Sorry for your loss. Hard to lose a friend like that - I've seen three beloved Golden Retrievers go down to cancer. It's hard, but you made the right call for him. Take solace in that and remember the good times.

I'm sorry for your loss, our pets have a special place in our hearts, one that cannot be duplicated.

Ain't that the truth

Sorry for your loss. Those who haven't experienced it can't tell you it's not one of the hardest (if not the hardest) thing in life.

every time i see a post like this i dread clicking it cuz they choke me up...but wanted to say im sorry for your loss out of respect to you..Buddy was a great looking cat//RIP

+1 me too

I can barely get through the original posts. I see the picture and I'm already [sad] Ugh

So sad :-( When you're ready, go to a shelter and rescue one to help fill the void. Rescues really seem to appreciate you giving them a permanent home.

My true condolences. We lost two fur kids recently.
My wife went to San Diego in December to help her mom after surgery. While she was gone, one of our cats started meowing frantically and dragging himself across the floor, hind legs paralyzed (my wife used to tell me she had that cat longer than she had me). Took him to the vet, nothing to be done so I held him and let him go quietly. I was never a cat person but had become one. The cat and I used to watch action movies together.
Then, March 30th, our border collie rescue Belle (the dog in my avatar, sweetest dog I'd ever known.) screamed in the night and went into seizures--4 in 7 hours. First thing in the morning, vet said she'd had a stoke, and would die in seizure. We never knew how old she was, but held her between us while the vet helped her go peacefully. Both were horrible experiences and our hearts were/are still broken for both of them.
They were better people than most people I've met.

I'm throwing back a shot of jack for you. You gave him 8 great years. Remember that and it will help. You weren't the only lucky one, but more so, he was lucky to have you.

A pet owner is a shepherd- a domesticated animal's savior. They don't have their instincts, instead they have you. And you did better than everyone else did... for 8 years.

Last edited:
This is one of the things that I truly appreciate about this forum. I don't believe I have met any one of you, nor do we always agree, but I viewed 46 responses and a private message this morning, each of them bringing a smile to my face and making everything a little bit better. Once again from my wife and I, THANK YOU!

I'm so sorry for your loss, too, and I think it's great that you gave him such a wonderful home. You obviously adored him and made his life wonderful, and I hope that time will heal the pain you and your wife are feeling right now. Animal lovers are very unique and special people, so I hope you know that I really do feel sorry about your loss and I hope you'll focus on the wonderful times, adorable photos you must have, and the heartwarming memories of Buddy.

sorry, dude. last year i had to say goodbye to my best friend, he was almost 21. one tough cat.

when you're ready you probably still have plenty of love to share with another pet, i rescued another cat shortly after because i had a home and could take in a cat, it just seemed to be the right thing to do.

even if he can be a little shit, he's helped me heal a bit, too.

for now though, you think of the good memories of you and your buddy and take care.

Back
Top Bottom