RIP Buddy

So I had to out one of my cats down this AM, talk about a shitty start to the day. When I moved into my first place 8 years ago my girlfriend, now wife, thought it would be a ok idea for me to get a cat, wanted a dog but not enough time. Not a big fan of cats but did it to make her happy. God damn thing has been my shadow for the past 8 years. Has slept curled up next to me every night. Guy only had 3 teeth left and got a rare form of cancer. Had lost a sh** ton of weight and brought to vets and vet took some blood and sent home last night. This morning was meowing (which is something he doesn't do) and couldn't walk. Least Tommycat isn't suffering any longer. Had him for 8 years and threw back 8 shots of jack for him. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371311187.022294.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371311198.092123.jpg this last pic is him right before he was at peace

Damn dude, sorry for you loss. Funny how they become family so quickly. Never was a cat fan myself, but we have a black and white cat (Willie, as in Chilly Willie) that is my bud.

It is amazing how pets manage to worm their way into a person's heart. I know that I care more for our Dog & Cat than I do for most people I encounter.

Sorry for your loss. I never thought I was a cat person but had one for over 20 years! Realized that cats are pretty cool characters.
We can only wish that our lives are half as good as how we treat our pets.....

every time i see a post like this i dread clicking it cuz they choke me up...but wanted to say im sorry for your loss out of respect to you..Buddy was a great looking cat//RIP

I get choked up thinking of the pets I lost and will lose. They are innocent, loyal, loving little souls that fill an enormous void that we sometimes don't know is there until they wander along. I am very sorry for your loss. You'll see him again someday and all will be well.

It is amazing how pets manage to worm their way into a person's heart. I know that I care more for our Dog & Cat than I do for most people I encounter.

+1 on that.

So sorry to hear about your little friend. It's always tough when you have to make that trip to the vet. :(

So I had to out one of my cats down this AM, talk about a shitty start to the day. When I moved into my first place 8 years ago my girlfriend, now wife, thought it would be a ok idea for me to get a cat, wanted a dog but not enough time. Not a big fan of cats but did it to make her happy. God damn thing has been my shadow for the past 8 years. Has slept curled up next to me every night. Guy only had 3 teeth left and got a rare form of cancer. Had lost a sh** ton of weight and brought to vets and vet took some blood and sent home last night. This morning was meowing (which is something he doesn't do) and couldn't walk. Least Tommycat isn't suffering any longer. Had him for 8 years and threw back 8 shots of jack for him. View attachment 69964View attachment 69965 this last pic is him right before he was at peace
We have a cat. A female Himalayan named "Pearl". The story started when we bought property in Fairhope, Alabama. It was a hot day and she wanted to stop in to check out a small clothing store. When we walked in (excellent A/C on that boiling hot day!), we almost stepped on a male cat that was stretched out on the floor in front of the door without a worry in the world. My girlfriend was smitten and wanted a Himalayan cat. I found one in a Cape Cod town and we bought her. She was only eight weeks old and we took her from her mother. Little ball of fluff. Himalayans always want to be with you. I could not even spend a few minutes sitting on the "throne" without Pearl pushing open the bathroom door. She curls up with us in bed every night and is constantly by my side like some kind of feline bodyguard. I never, ever, thought that I would love a cat until Pearl came along. I understand and feel badly for your loss.

Tough to lose a pet, they really are family members. I lost my 14YO german short-haired pointer a couple of years ago, cancer like your cat. I was devistated and it took me a while to feel better. To this day I can't bring myself to get another dog out of fear for every feeling like that again. My condolonces.

Back
Top Bottom