• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RIP Baystate Firearms

18 Ventura

NES Member
I went to Baystate Firearms in Peabody to buy a few things today. I found this note on the door.

Says the online store and training classes are still open. But still...

Too bad. I liked those guys and gals.

Attachments

• RIP.jpg
    RIP.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 583
I've only been there once to take a class (needed it for CT nonresident) and it seemed like a nice shop.

Would the lawsuit against our AG that they're involved with, have anything to do with this? Don't know if that's costing them money etc?

Were they one of the ones in one of the lawsuits?

Didn't Pullman Arms do exactly this same thing? They closed up the store, and just went to service and custom orders only, right?

I've only been there once to take a class (needed it for CT nonresident) and it seemed like a nice shop.

Would the lawsuit against our AG that they're involved with, have anything to do with this? Don't know if that's costing them money etc?
If thier online and training business is doing well why f*** around with a retail front. I’m sure the AG thing does not help . Also would not surprise me one bit if the powers that be found some BS way to yank what ever permits and permission needed

That's what I've been trying to tell EVERYONE. If she gets reelected she's going to be on the warpath for sure, GUARANTEED!!! IT'S TIME TO SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT. VOTE OR BRACE YOURSELVES!!!

We need to do more than vote! We need to actively help Jay McMahon win. Send the campaign some money, tell everyone you know about him, display signs. Anything you do will help. Need to get his name out there!

....And of course vote, and get those you know to vote!!!!

Well that really sucks! I was in on Sat and thanked Ray for the stand he took against the AG. Spent a couple bucks, and spoke with Ray Jr. for a minute or 2 . They treated me really well over the past several years. But thought that something wasn't quite right , as the shelfs were really bare. Will miss them and hope that the training center does very well. I took my Utah License course thru them.

Last edited:
We can thank the current AG for helping to drive shops out of business.
The AG's bullshite, while dampening the industry, didnt tank their local competitors.
Food for thought...
Frankly setting up a few years after another shop was already well established on the other side of the highway was a poor business choice.
Hate to see someone lose their job, regardless.

yes they are involved in the suit against the AG. From what I can gather they're still in business just closed the retail store. Still online and training with new dates to be announced.

This sounds EXACTLY like what Pullman Arms did. Were they a part of the SAME LAWSUIT? I wonder if there are some special conditions they are now following. Wasn't it the Gun Parlor who had to meet some sort of guidelines from the AG as well? Are there backroom deals happening here, or some other sort of wrangling; and if so, for what purpose or reason?

This sounds EXACTLY like what Pullman Arms did. Were they a part of the SAME LAWSUIT? I wonder if there are some special conditions they are now following. Wasn't it the Gun Parlor who had to meet some sort of guidelines from the AG as well? Are there backroom deals happening here, or some other sort of wrangling; and if so, for what purpose or reason?
Pretty sure it was that they generated little revenue therefore not affording their over head.
Wrap the tin foil a little tighter [tinfoil]

We can thank the current AG for helping to drive shops out of business.

the entire firearms industry is in a low point. last saturday afternoon four seasons was near empty. there were 3 or 4 customers in the shop. Obama and Shillary drove an incredible wave of demand. during this time quite a few shops opened up. there's no way everyone would survive under current admin. if not for the economic growth over past year even more would have closed. if the economy takes a hit in the next year or so we'll see the gun business get hit hard.

What is really putting stores out of business is the cost of rent and employees.

I have a place in Fall River and I am right next to Baystate I could not afford rent in this area.

Due to "heavy state regulations" :mad:

Part of the plan... hey Maura

guns21.jpg

DUH! Try banging a U Turn on Rt. 1 if youi miss it.....[rofl]
DUH! Go to Rte 114 or Dayton St and turn around 1 or 2 more exit north then off on Lowell St. whats so difficult with that? just like any other modern U.S. Highway. I'm really not trying to be a dick (any more than normal) but in 2018 with today's electronic technology is damned hard to get lost or not find an address.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.
They are great guys.
They really did need to get a better location though.
If you didn't know where it was , you weren't going to find it easily.
They ARE very nice folks and I am extremely sad to read of the demise of their shop. I've bought from them, but they are not exactly in my neighborhood so I rely on their posts to tell me of their inventory. They were hard to find the first time I went looking for them. Now I know so no big deal. But yes, a better (more exposed) location might have brought in more customer traffic. [thinking]

DUH! Go to Rte 114 or Dayton St and turn around 1 or 2 more exit north then off on Lowell St. whats so difficult with that? just like any other modern U.S. Highway. I'm really not trying to be a dick (any more than normal) but in 2018 with today's electronic technology is damned hard to get lost or not find an address.

Easy cow poke.....[rofl]You are kind of being a D*ck.... 3 more turns than most customers evidently were willing to take...Has noting to do with getting lost..... Fact: it was not an easy place to get back to if you missed it......Nuff said Im out!

At the end of the day it is sad to see a shop close due to Heavey regulations....Im sure we can agree on that?

Last edited:
The behinde the building thing falls back on how expensive it is to rent on the north shore you would think we are part of Boston

Plus landlords will rent but not right out front they dont want to much eyes on them and the liberal B.S.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom