RimRock Bullets

I just ordered 148 DEWC , they had a lot of bullets in stock . Just wanted to pass this along because this is not the norm ,, getting use to " Out Of Stock" Has anyone out there used RimRock Bullets and how do you like them.
Chris

A link brought me to $36/ 200/ 22 bhn. Ouch. I'm guessing you ordered the 12bhn 900 box?
Thats a super hard bhn too.- Nevermind, I see they offer 2 bhn's.

If they work for you, and you like em, thats all you need.

A lot of the cast places use almost the same molds, so you'll see the same design across 5 companies.

TrashcanDan
Your right I ordered the 900 lot of the 148 gr.12 BHN . Don't know much about cast bullets better then having nothing . How do the compare to copper jacket and lead bullets? Using for indoor paper targets.
Thanks for answering my post.
Chris

Last edited:
I like cast over anything, but plated works too. I haven't used jacketed for pistol since...................2008?
Nothing wrong with it, but theres more cost effective alternatives.
I shoot mostly Bayou bullets and Missouri. Both are Hy-Tek coated 12-14 BHN I believe. And you can push em pretty hard and hammer out some stout loads.

TrashcanDan
Your right I ordered the 900 lot of the 148 great. 12 BHN . Don't know much about cast bullets better then having nothing . How do the compare to copper jacket and lead bullets? Using for indoor paper targets.
Thanks for answering my post.
Chris
Cast bullets are fine, hundreds of years use.
12bhn is fine also , especially for target shooting. They key to cast success is make sure the bullet is the proper size.

you dont need to push cast especially sec to fast for great accuracy.
I like cast bullets especially when I make them myself and shoot good scores. I have posted some gold medal scores shooting cast at cmp matches at 200 yards and theres folks hitting that buffalo at 1000 yards with iron sights

TrashcanDan
I mostly shoot 45auto 1911 but do to the shortages I brought out my two old carry guns 2" and 3" S&W revolvers . I'm not looking for benchrest type groups , at max.10 yards hand size groups I'll take and wadcutters will have less stress on the guns. I'm shooting the standard 2.7 Bullseye load , I shoot every week and now I will switch from shooting a steady diet of 230 FMJ's in the 3 and 5" 1911 to 148 grain WC in my revolvers , just Glade someone had some bullets to order . Be Well Trashcan.
Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom