• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rimfire ( steel ) EGG Shoot

We have added 4 HANDGUN CLASSES, more than doubled the targets & shooting positions.

If your in NEW ENGLAND you need to come to this shoot. The EGG target is a BLAST......

Westfield Sportsman’s Club
RIMFIRE EGG SHOOT

PLACE: WESTFIELD SPORTSMAN”S CLUB: 95 Furrowtown Road, Westfield, MA 01085
DATES: June 13, July 11, August 8, Sept 19, Oct 3: 2009 at the Muzzleloader Range
TIME: 8:30 am to 3:00 pm Registration open all day.
COST: $6.00 per class---- Re-enter as many times as you want. THIS IS FOR FUN

OBJECTIVE: Shoot the most EGGS with the fewest number of shots in each relay, while having as much FUN as possible. This shoot is competitive, yet meant to be FUN. If you are the type that has to WIN at any cost, this shoot is NOT for you.

COURSE OF FIRE: Four relays of FIVE Eggs each will make up the match. Each relay consists of 1) Five minute set-up & sight- 2) Five minutes to shoot FIVE EGGS with a MAXIMUM of TEN shots. A sighter target (swinger) will be available at each shooting position. EGGS will be set on rails and must be knocked over to count.

Range will be:

100 yards for Heavy Class
75 yards Sporter Class
50 yards for the IRON Sght Cass
25 Yards for Handgun Class

All shooting is done from benches or any position of your choice.
Sand bags and front rests are allowed as well as bi-pods.
Devices that clamp the rifle to rest or bench are NOT ALLOWED.
Rifle MUST BE FIRED FROM THE SHOULDER

SCORING: Each EGG hit will be worth 1 point: Each extra shot left from 10 will be worth 1 point.
Add the number of EGGS hit to the number of extra shots left to get your relay points

A PERFECT RELAY IS 10 POINTS: PERFECT MATCH IS 40 POINTS:

YOU MUST CONTINUE TO FIRE UNTIL YOU EITHER HIT 5 EGGS OR FIRE YOU’RE 10 SHOTS.
We add all four of the relay points to get the MATCH POINT TOTALS.

EYE & EAR protection is a MUST

CLASSES: .22 LONG RIFLE AMMO ONLY: Scopes may have higher powers but set at class MAX

Semi-Auto Heavy: Any semi-auto scoped rifle with a muzzle diameter larger that .700.
Just about anything goes (except rail or benchrest guns) Max scope power 24X
Semi-Auto Sporter: Any semi-auto scoped rifle with a muzzle diameter smaller than
.700. Just about anything goes (except rail or benchrest guns) Max scope power 9X
Bolt-Heavy: Any bolt action scoped rifle with a muzzle diameter larger that .700.
just about anything goes (except rail or benchrest guns) Max scope power 24X
Bolt-Auto Sporter: Any bolt action scoped rifle with a muzzle diameter smaller than
.700. Just about anything goes (except rail or benchrest guns) Max scope power 9X
Iron Sight Class: Two Sub-classes: TARGET and OPEN
Target: MATCH GRADE: receiver and peep sights
Open: Open bladed rear sights, NO target style front globes
Pump & Lever Class: Any rifle with a scope will fall into heavy or sporter by scope & muzzle diameter.

Handgun Class: 4 Sub classes: Revolver, Revolver with scope 4X MAX or Red-Dot Sight.
Pistol, Pistol with scope 4X MAX or Red-Dot Sight.

Final classifications are at the discretion of the MATCH DIRECTOR

EMAIL: [email protected]
GARY STOWE 413-426-3166

Last edited:
I'm a silhoutte shooter...so I could give anyone a link to scaled ram or pig or whatever. Curious, can you give me a link to a egg profile (target) that would be used for the 100y and 50y? Perhaps they are the same...just closer.

Figure I can always learn a new game.

Thanks!

Steel EGG Shoot

We finally have the go ahead for our Steel EGG shoot.

There will be loaner guns for each class, should you want to shoot them all.

This is a FUN match there are NO prizes, we will be giving certificates for the winners in each class for bragging rights.

Please email [email protected] with questions or directions or Mapquest the Club's address.

Hope to see folks there.

Last edited:
The EGG target is a little smaller the a Rimfire silhouette chicken. Really about the size of a GRADE A EGG.

Hope to see some folks from here on Saturday, we will have food for sale. Hamburgs & Hotdogs, soda & water.

Rimfire EGG Shoot. Westfield, MA

SHOOT TODAY: WESTFIELD SPORTSMAN CLUB, WESTFIELD, MA

WHO IS COMING ??? LOTS OF FUN, FOOD, GUNS TO TRY.....

GARY: 413-426-3166

WSC Rimfire Steel EGG Shoot

We had a GREAT turn-out for our first RIMFIRE EGG SHOOT. 14 shooters shot 24 classes. Most interesting was the amount of shooters in the iron sight class.

For next match July 11, 2009 we are doubling the shooting positions and moving the sporter class targets back to 75 yards.

Hope you see some NEW folks there...

Rimfire (steel ) EGG SHOOT 07.

Just a REMINDER the next EGG SHOOT is SATURDAY July 11, 2009.

Rain or Shine.

We shoot on a covered range, if its raining just bring an umbrella for setting targets. Hopefully we will have our golf cart back running,to speed the re-set up, also we have added 30 NEW targets and doubled the shooting stations.

The last change we made to this months shoot was to reduce the distance to 75 yards for sporter class guns. As I said in the shooters meeting we will continue to refine these matches untill it is as PERFECT as we can make them.

Lastly we will be handing out awards before the shooters meeting @ aprox 8:30 am.

Hope to see a few new faces this month...

Gary Stowe, Match Director
[email protected]
413-426-3166 cell

Rimfire EGG Shoot

We had a great turnout for the July shoot. 16 shooters fired 30 different class relays.

With the 30 NEW targets and 3 NEW shooting stations there was hardly any wait.

As soon as the club does some berm work at the 50 yard line we will be adding 2 more shooting positions and 20 more targets. The iron sight class was divided in to two sub classes this month, they are target and open sights.

Results were already email to the shooters and results are at the club for shooters without email addresses.

There is a discount program for entry fee's,if you bring a new shooter you will get a dollar off each of your class fee's, for every class your guest shoots.

THIS MATCH IS GROWING FAST: everyone wants EGG targets to practice on. Contact me @ [email protected] or call 413-426-3166 to purchase EGG targets.

Rimfire EGG Shoot

We have updated to a simpler scoring system and added FOUR HANDGUN CLASSES

This is a FUN shoot, everyone shoots at least 2-5 different classes...

Hope to see some NEW faces, in August.

Mark the DATE AUGUST 8 th 2009 on your calender...

Gary

Rimfire EGG Shoot

80 EGG TARGETS and EIGHT COVERED shooting benches.

SEVEN different RIFLE and FOUR HANDGUN CLASSES

Next MATCH SATURDAY AUGUST 8th 2009

Hope to see you there....

Gary

Last edited:
I'm new at this. Maybe I should go. Looks like fun.
I have a Ruger 10/22 with a bull barrel and 4x scope. That puts me in the heavy class right?

I have never shot that thing past 75 feet. How much adjustment do I need to make for this?

EGG Shoot Ruger 10/22 Target

Hello,

Yes, a RUGER 10/22 Target would fall into the Heavy Class. With my Heavy BBL 10/22 from a 50 yard ZERO I need to go UP 6 minutes of elvation.

Depending on your scope and AMMO ( 1/4 min clicks or 1/8 Min clicks ) it could be 24 or 48 clicks.

We give shooters 5 minutes on a swinger target to sight-in. You will have plenty of time to get your scope adjusted.

See me when you arrive. We will take care it it... YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST. BRING A FEW FRIENDS !!!!

Gary

Last edited:
Update on EGG shoots

Fellow EGG Shooter's,

We had AWSOME weather AGAIN. 15 shooters fired in 39 different classes.

Of the 15 shooters 13 were CLUB MEMBERS: AWSOME !!!!!!!

Our new scoring system and score board worked well:

I think the pistol classes were a HUGE success, the EGGS are really tough with iron sights. Congratulations to Greg Heath who fired a PERFECT SCORE of 40 in the Pistol ( scoped ) Class, awesome shooting Greg.

Just a REMINDER the shoot date for September has been changed to:

SEPTEMBER 19:

NEW CLASS: Long Range Chicken Class:
Get the chickens that laid all these damn EGGS

Long Range Chicken Class;
3/8 scale IHMSA Rimfire Pistol Chickens @ 200 yards
Any .22 Rimfire (.22 LR) rifle and any scope. Same rules as eggs.
4 relays of 5 chickens: 10 shots MAX per relay.

Call or email with questions or comments

See you on the range,

Gary
413-426-3166 cell

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom