Rimfire Challenge under new Management

Knob Creek

NES Member
The Rimfire Challenge formerly Ruger Rimfire Challenge was managed under the NSSF for the last few years. Now under a new organization. Would be great if we could get some interest going in New England on these steel matches.

"Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association (RCSA). The organization is new but the people and the purpose are not. The goal is to continue to support the format established by Ruger Rimfire and continued by the NSSF Rimfire Challenge. The Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association will be a clearinghouse for participants and scheduled matches, provide the framework for events through the RCSA rule-book, promote Rimfire competition to interested individuals and organizations, support the efforts of beginning competitors and clubs, and solicit support for Rimfire events from organizations and industry interested in sustaining a shooting sport that provides opportunities for participants of all skill levels. We invite you to be part of the action and the fun and to share the experience with family and friends."

Rimfire Challenge Shooting Association

We ( Holbrook Sportsmens club) last year began a Steel Challenge program, and a few of us are now trying to get a rimfire challenge going as well using the steel or different array of steel targets, we also are looking at a KYL ( know your limits ) type of shooting as well with .22LR. as with anything its getting intrest and gathering support for something to get it all to fruition.

Been trying to grow interest in the 22lr shooting. Seems there are very few interested. Tried a F class type , KYL , silhouette and typical 3 position small bore.
I was talking go a gent who ran silhouette a while back and said it went well up until the early 90s and the newer people coming in said it was to hard. Participation came to a crawl and he gave up running it.
I'm not sure what it takes to get peopled interested "prizes" brings out the good shooters and seems to put off the not so good shooters.
I have several 22s set up for what ever local matches might turn up.

Let me put this out there. Anyone interested in a Rimfire Challenge in Southeastern Mass. Send me a note. I need shooters interested in shooting and helping to run a match.

Back
Top Bottom