• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

riley's in hooksett

greencobra

NES Member
ok, it's gone. me and a buddy were talking about the store yesterday...are there plans for new ownership to take over, regroup and open again? or this was their death rattle for good this time? we don't get up that way much anymore so just wondering is all.

ok, it's gone. me and a buddy were talking about the store yesterday...are there plans for new ownership to take over, regroup and open again? or this was their death rattle for good this time? we don't get up that way much anymore so just wondering is all.

Rileys closed back in November....

First time I went there I passed on a 7.62 AR upgrade kit, thought it was too expensive, but they otherwise had nice stuff.

Second time (last july) was a waste of my time.

They have that building out back that was a pretty nice indoor range at the time, pistol only though I believe. I used to go there 2-3 times a week and shoot...then all of a sudden it was shut down. I heard various reasons...environmental, safety, etc.

They have that building out back that was a pretty nice indoor range at the time, pistol only though I believe. I used to go there 2-3 times a week and shoot...then all of a sudden it was shut down. I heard various reasons...environmental, safety, etc.
Wasn't the building out back mainly for LE and EBRs?

Wasn't the building out back mainly for LE and EBRs?
i don't think the indoor range had been there for public consumption for what...15-20 years?

dick use to operate a nice outdoor range not too far from the shop. i use to shoot silhouette there back in the day. the nh state ihmsa shoot was always held there.

I always enjoyed shopping at Rileys. Purchased an 870 for myself, a Savage bolt-action .22 rifle for my older daughter and a stainless Mini 14 ranch rifle for my wife there. Last trip was about a year ago. It is a sad thing to watch a gun shop close, especially one that has been in the community for many years. I don't believe they ever experienced legal trouble but a friend told me that years ago, they sold a 10/22 to some screwball who used it to shoot up a couple of abortion clinics. Rileys was investigated but not charged.

My first rifle there was a Browning L.H. A-Bolt Medallion in 7mm mag., had to go down stairs to the gunsmith to get my scope mounted.

not only guns but it was a mecca for reloaders. dick was one of the first shops to stock dillon when dillon stopped dealer direct and put the stuff in retail shops. and i don't think there was a powder made that he didn't stock. you never had to call ahead, dick had everything in stock.

I don't believe they ever experienced legal trouble but a friend told me that years ago, they sold a 10/22 to some screwball who used it to shoot up a couple of abortion clinics. Rileys was investigated but not charged.

Salvi then dropped the black duffle bag, which contained a gun, receipts from a gun dealer in New Hampshire, and 700 rounds of ammunition. He fled in his Audi. Police were able to identify him from the gun shop receipt in the abandoned bag.

I remember that day, I was in the Brighton area and I heard the whole thing as it was happening live on the scanner.

I’m still kicking myself for passing on a HK91.
Around 1992 I bought an HK94 for $600 there. Denver asked my why I wanted that. I liked the looks of it. The 91 and 93 I remember being $700. I maxed out my credit card and took 2 years to pay it off. It still has a fake suppressor on it. Back then I couldn't afford the $200 tax.

not only guns but it was a mecca for reloaders. dick was one of the first shops to stock dillon when dillon stopped dealer direct and put the stuff in retail shops. and i don't think there was a powder made that he didn't stock. you never had to call ahead, dick had everything in stock.
Yup , I got my whole Dillon set up there .
It was my go to for powder and other supplies as well.

I just finished off a pound of Win 296 powder the other day with a Riley's price tag. Made me sad to think that they're no longer around.

Yup , I got my whole Dillon set up there .
It was my go to for powder and other supplies as well.
I bought Powder/primers there when I needed something quick and didn't want to pay additional HAZMAT...
Projos too...

Back
Top Bottom