• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Riley's has non corrosive 7.62x54r surplus?

I just bought a mosin and I'm kind of a beginner with these guns and ammo. I've been buying some steel cased tulammo. Is that kind of ammo corrosive? How about brown bear?

I just bought a mosin and I'm kind of a beginner with these guns and ammo. I've been buying some steel cased tulammo. Is that kind of ammo corrosive? How about brown bear?

It should say it on the box. As far as I know , neither are corrosive. Brown Bear is known to lacquer their cases but it doesn't affect the barrel. All milsurp is corrosive.

Tulammo isn't corrosive (black box with red lettering). Anything from paper packs or a big tin is very likely to be corrosive. Just make sure you rinse the barrel, receiver, and all the parts in that area with Windex to remove the bad stuff.

I had seen it on the boxes I bought, I just recall having heard to be careful of all 762-54 ammo because sometimes it can be advertised as non corrosive when it really is.

I've only seen my friend do it on side walks she just learned forwards a little lol. Walk around the corner and I was dumb founded . No aiming .

But minininja is too short any ways lol.

If it looks like the ones on the far right it's a corossive primer .
uhuda2e5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom