Riley's Gun Shop - Hooksett NH

I stopped in Riley's today on my way home from some vacationing in the mountains. Its a nice shop with a wide selection of guns.

While I was talking to the guy behind the counter I heard 6 or 8 rounds fired downstairs and asked if they had a range but was told it was a test firing area. The Luger I saw a guy go downstairs with wasn't for sale though.[sad]

MS4Me, The range is outback. Over priced and underpriced. I've seen perfect M24 Belgian Mausers for $150.00 and Yugo 24/47's for $250.00. They had a Matching Hakim for $400.00, which was VG and a "new" Matching 1953 Russian SKS for $140.00. I ended up getting a .17HMR at cost after I set them strait. I grabbed a matching M96, 1917 CG Swede w/ an original Hoyt 1907 sling on it for $195.00. They stashed some 5.45x39 HP ammo for me a month or so ago. $3.95 a box (Hunting). I have sold them rifles, I buy them, I help them, and they always take care of me. You can't walk in without knowing them and play "lets make a deal". I live about 3 miles away. Good people. jp

>>The range is outback<<

That one has been closed for some years now. They do still have a "pseudo" range in the basement consisting of a hole in the wall. It's used only to test the functionality of a gun, and not for target practice.

>>The range is outback<<

That one has been closed for some years now. They do still have a "pseudo" range in the basement consisting of a hole in the wall. It's used only to test the functionality of a gun, and not for target practice.

I thought the range was for Leo's and class III sales. Guess not. jp

Great prices! Have a look at the reloading stuff it is out of sight. A month ago I bought sierra 125 9mm jhp for 12.33 a 100. Yesterday they were 18.95!!!!!!!!!!! Under that sticker was the old price tag. These gun shop owners wonder why we turn towards online sales. Most bullets are almost 1/3 less than Riley's on line. With gas prices the cost of shipping is a steal!

Great prices! Have a look at the reloading stuff it is out of sight. A month ago I bought sierra 125 9mm jhp for 12.33 a 100. Yesterday they were 18.95!!!!!!!!!!! Under that sticker was the old price tag. These gun shop owners wonder why we turn towards online sales. Most bullets are almost 1/3 less than Riley's on line. With gas prices the cost of shipping is a steal!

Hm, I was there 2 months ago and picked up a bunch of 223 bullets for $16.85. I don't know what it is now, but I can't find it online for under $21/100.

Nevermind. I was looking at midway some of my other online links have 98/1000.

Well I just got back from Riley's. I was just browsing, but said if they had a Beretta Cx4 Storm in 40.... I'd be interested.... They showed me one hanging on the wall...but it was 45... I said if they replaced a 5 with a 0... I'd buy it... and that I was looking for one in 40... the guy said he'd rather it in 45...but anyway... I was looking at it...and asked if they'd drop a 5 off the price.... he walked away and came back and said $55 off the price. That's 10% off their asking price. I walked out the door a happy camper... can't wait to shoot it. Of course it means now I just went into a 6th calibre..... my wallet won't be happy...

Took a ride to Rileys this morning to waste some time. First time there. Too much of a tease since i could only look at their handguns. $230 for 1000 rounds of 7.62x39? Does that sound right? Anyways, looked around for an hour and came home depressed[sad2]

Took a ride to Rileys this morning to waste some time. First time there. Too much of a tease since i could only look at their handguns. $230 for 1000 rounds of 7.62x39? Does that sound right? Anyways, looked around for an hour and came home depressed[sad2]

I got 1000 rnds of 7.62x39 for 185 November 4th. Everyone has raised their prices. Why could you only look at their handguns?

Teased because he is a MA resident and he can't have all the great guns we as NH residents can walk in and buy on just a drivers license!!!!!!!

He probably did take a left and wander the long arms section too if I had to take a guess since that is where 99% of the ammo is!

Rileys..... sweeeet

Teased because he is a MA resident and he can't have all the great guns we as NH residents can walk in and buy on just a drivers license!!!!!!!

DUH! I was thinking he couldn't look at the rifles, lol, but I see what you mean he could only look and not buy.... argh lgon dya.

He probably did take a left and wander the long arms section too if I had to take a guess since that is where 99% of the ammo is!

Rileys..... sweeeet

You're right about the handguns. I could purchase ammo or long guns

Yeah, I went up there on saturday looking for some 7.62, found it went up to $269/case and it looks like its on the rise even more than that elsewhere

They were selling golden tiger for $195 at the end of october. I bet all the panic buying now is messing the prices up.

-Mike

Rileys is a great shop. I don't get up that way too often but if I'm heading up 93 I usually make a little detour if I have time. I found myself in need of some reloading components last week, but couldn't find what I needed locally. I used to get a lot that stuff at Four Seasons, but Carl dosen't stock much of it anymore.
(I wish Toms Handloading Center was still around)
I took the ride North and found what I needed at Rileys (lead bullets, primers, tumbling media). I also picked up a Stack-On, 8 gun security cabinet for a good price. (I needed a place to store some of my low-end long arms, just to satisfy legal requirements, the good stuff is in a REAL safe). I like the diverse selection of arms that Rileys keeps in stock. The "Black Rifle" section was a bit slim (big surprise) but I really like the single-shot rifles like the Remington Rolling Blocks, Sharps and Browning Hi-Walls that they have to choose from. Their handgun selection is worth drooling over, but being a Mass resident, I look away because I know I can't go home with any of them. The staff is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, which is about everything you could possibly ask for from a good retailer.

I was in Rileys today. WOW! They had a dozen ARs in stock (no separate lowers though), lots of reloading components, including 55 grain FMJBT bullets for the .223 reloads, Winchester 748 powder (my choice for reloading .223 and .308), primers, and even a good price on 5.56 ammo (M193) at $369/1000 rounds. I almost bought some of the M193 ammo but decided I'm too poor at the moment.

Anyway...I love NH. I put this giant pile of ammo, powder, primers, bullets and a few other items on the counter, they ring me up, I pay, I leave. No license BS required for ammo in NH. NICE!! It's not even that far a ride up 93. (Exit 11N). I would advise anyone interested in reloading components or long guns from MA to head on up. They even have a huge selection of Safes...over a dozen of them. The place is huge.

Birdman

I was in Rileys today. WOW! They had a dozen ARs in stock (no separate lowers though), lots of reloading components, including 55 grain FMJBT bullets for the .223 reloads, Winchester 748 powder (my choice for reloading .223 and .308), primers, and even a good price on 5.56 ammo (M193) at $369/1000 rounds. I almost bought some of the M193 ammo but decided I'm too poor at the moment.

Anyway...I love NH. I put this giant pile of ammo, powder, primers, bullets and a few other items on the counter, they ring me up, I pay, I leave. No license BS required for ammo in NH. NICE!! It's not even that far a ride up 93. (Exit 11N). I would advise anyone interested in reloading components or long guns from MA to head on up. They even have a huge selection of Safes...over a dozen of them. The place is huge.

Birdman

I love the place but they don't have a good selection of powder in larger jugs, but they
have most everything else. What were they charging for the 55gr bullets and were they
Hornady? I bought some this past summer ($16.95/200) and they never had any after
that through the middle of November (my last trip up country).

I was in there today, for about 5 minutes. It was an ABSOLUTE zoo. I stood near the AR parts, looking to see if they had any receiver tubes.

I listened to a kid (I say kid when in reality he was probably my age, mid 20's) tell me how he had just spent 2k on a very much stock Bushmaster AR which he proceeded to pull from a guitar case (yes a guitar case). Then I had to hear how he bought 200 rounds of "the best" ammo for 80 dollars and that the "idiots" at Manchester Firing Line wouldnt let him shoot this (ammo) at the range, and rather wanted him to shoot some "cheap shit" that "lines" the barrel with "dirt". Further more, he bought this AR 5 months ago for 2k, and had yet to shoot it, in fact he's never shot anything!!!! [shocked] Clearly someone cleaned out his pockets on this purchase.

I assumed he was refering to lead lining and know that MFL was simply saying that he needed to fire frangible ammo at the indoor range, however didnt have the patience to even begin explaining it to him, so I stepped away.

I rounded the corner to check case prices on 12ga birdshot, and turned to find a middle aged lady lining me up down the barrel of a Saiga 12. [crying]

Sorry for the rant, but I couldnt even bring myself to stay long enough to buy anthing there today - it truly seemed like every idiot in the state was there.

Sorry for the rant, but I couldnt even bring myself to stay long enough to buy anthing there today - it truly seemed like every idiot in the state was there.

Expains why I've been having such a good day so far!

Days like that, I just go and get what I came for and leave. No browsing. I hate the idiots that start telling you about how much a firearm sucks/is awesome as soon as you start to look at it. Actually, I pretty much hate it when any stranger talks to me.....

I was in there today, for about 5 minutes. It was an ABSOLUTE zoo. I stood near the AR parts, looking to see if they had any receiver tubes.

I listened to a kid (I say kid when in reality he was probably my age, mid 20's) tell me how he had just spent 2k on a very much stock Bushmaster AR which he proceeded to pull from a guitar case (yes a guitar case). Then I had to hear how he bought 200 rounds of "the best" ammo for 80 dollars and that the "idiots" at Manchester Firing Line wouldnt let him shoot this (ammo) at the range, and rather wanted him to shoot some "cheap shit" that "lines" the barrel with "dirt". Further more, he bought this AR 5 months ago for 2k, and had yet to shoot it, in fact he's never shot anything!!!! [shocked] Clearly someone cleaned out his pockets on this purchase.

I assumed he was refering to lead lining and know that MFL was simply saying that he needed to fire frangible ammo at the indoor range, however didnt have the patience to even begin explaining it to him, so I stepped away.

I rounded the corner to check case prices on 12ga birdshot, and turned to find a middle aged lady lining me up down the barrel of a Saiga 12. [crying]

Over a certain velocity, you MUST use the frangible ammo sold at MFL. I don't think that Jim wants to replace his system for this absolute moron.[laugh]

I was there today also, no Guitar case! [smile] 8lb powder is all but gone. I grabbed the last 8lb IMR4064. Be careful of the little old ladies here. They will kick your @ss. Just so you know, everything used is up for a haggle! Ask for Denver or Jim. (2 Jims, both are ok.)

Edit: BTW I live 2 miles away and most of the good deals last a day at best.

Last edited:
Yep its the same deal at the local range here, MFL's other place, Belmont Firearms.

Until I got sick, I went there at least 2-3 times/week. Thinking about going up tomorrow to see Bob and Dave and shoot the shit for a little while. Believe it or not I was the one to mention the supplier of the frangible ammo to Jim at MFL.

Back
Top Bottom