• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Righ to Keep and Bear arms but not ammo

Ammo? What ammo? I don't see no ammo. There was ammo, but we shot all the ammo, now there is no ammo.

If this crap dosent smack of desperation, what the hell does?

"A tax of five cents a round would be imposed on private citizens, not only upon initial sale, but every time the ammunition changes hands thereafter."

I think this where they are realy going. They are going to tax it to death. Think of how many times ammo changes hands before we get it. Manufacturer, wholesaler, retail outlet, us. That's 20 cents a round. Or $100 tax on a brick of .22lr. I realize that it says 'private citizen' in that quote, but how tough would it be to get legislatures to tax businesses on top of us 'private citizens'. [thinking]

If anything like this happens, it's time for everyone to put their money where their mouth is and put the Second Amendment to the use for which our forefathers created it.

It'll never happen. But if it does it just goes to show you how far down the tubes our society has gone. I could see something like this passing in CA.

I am finishing up my NRA instructor's course this weekend and I already have two people who are definites who want to get their LTC. I will probably just ask them to pay for the materials and join GOAL or the NRA. Maybe this will be how I can best contribute to the cause. I know lots - tons - of people at work and through friends who would probably love to get into this.

This Big Brother shit was predicted. Who'd have thought -- in America yet.

I don't know who's dumber, the people who come up with this crap and the politicians who support it, or the general public who don't realize this can be beaten by criminals picking up their casings.

On a lead bullet, it's a safe assumption that the firing of the bullet would be enough to severely damage or destroy the serial number etched on "the bottom of the bullet"

Revolver sales will spike as will arson cases in garages that had ammo in them...such a loss.

Revolvers really defeat any attempt at trying to mark cartridges (firing pin microstamping, anyone?). Expect attempts to see them banned eventually.

And this 'stamping on the bullet' itself just confounds me. Do they REALLY expect a chunk of (soft) metal that experiences pressure levels in the tens of thousands of PSI, moving at over a thousand FPS, to retain this 'micro stamped serial number'?

It's all about taxing the poor and the lazy out of a legal right. My own mother thinks there is nothing wrong with Deval trying to hike the fees of firearms licenses beacuse "it will make them harder to get". She then tried to insist that every state requires a license to own a gun. At this point, I just gave up and walked away.

Last edited:
And this 'stamping on the bullet' itself just confounds me. Do they REALLY expect a chunk of (soft) metal that experiences pressure levels in the tens of thousands of PSI, moving at over a thousand FPS, to retain this 'micro stamped serial number'?

Take a look at the Exaliber Round. If they can do that then I think they can eventually figure this one out.

It's all about taxing the poor and the lazy out of a legal right. My own mother thinks there is nothing wrong with Deval trying to hike the fees of firearms licenses beacuse "it will make them harder to get". She then tried to insist that every state requires a license to own a gun. At this point, I just gave up and walked away.

Sorry about your mom. They'll figure the serial number thing out though, maybe they'll say to put it on a piece of steel within the lead during the manufacturing process, who knows. The point is that this stuff needs to be defeated.

Back
Top Bottom