• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle-toting Buxton man had to be Tasered, police say

York County sheriff’s deputies responding to a call around 10:40 p.m. found a heavily intoxicated Aaron Preston carrying a rifle outside the home on Cape Road, according to Sheriff Bill King. Deputies ordered Preston to drop the rifle and he complied. Preston “continued acting in a furtive manner” and walk around in his intoxicated state, King said. Deputies eventually subdued Preston with a Taser and placed him in handcuffs. A Glock pistol and knife were found in the pockets of Preston’s shorts, King said. Preston was charged with aggravated reckless conduct, refusing to submit to arrest or detention and refusing to sign a criminal summons. He will be arraigned Monday.
http://www.pressherald.com/2017/07/03/buxton-man-faces-multiple-charges-after-encounter-with-deputies/

Intoxication+ Firearms=Bad combination. Just glad they disarmed him without anybody getting shot. Happened just a few miles from here. Just glad no one's hurt!

I actually quit drinking when I filled out my ltc application. Same day. Alcohol can cause some seriously bad judgement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

one of us has to say it...is that a glock in your pocket or are you just glad to see us?

Had to google the town name. It's in Maine.

Buxton. Never saw Shawshank Redemption? [wink]

CoSZ6yHWgAA1BEw.jpg:medium

Side note - the tree in the movie was actually in Ohio. It has since fallen down. [sad2]

Last edited:
So the cops managed to defuse a situation where a drunk guy was openly carrying a firearm, and upon arrest found that he also had a handgun in his pants. I don't know enough about the overall situation to pass (summary NES) judgment on the whole thing, but if bum-**** Maine cops can do that without killing man or dog, why in the ever-loving-**** can't every other cop???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom