Rifle Rounds Found at Norton Middle School

Buck F

NES Member

Most likely the kids just think bullets are cool looking and don't even have a gun to put them in. Long ago we used to sometimes find spent shells and thought that was cool... we had no idea what to do with them other than try to make a whistle. Of course now, it would mean jail time.

Look at the caption of the picture. [rofl]
1576724891720.png
Shallow depth of field image taken of yellow law enforcement line with police car and lights in the background.

I get irritated like a p!ssed off geezer, when the news is so lazy that they run the same b-roll footage more than once in a 30-second "news" story.

This picture might as well have a caption, "Irrelevant image to engender emotion."

I've never heard of that caliber. What shoots it?
that demthere is Varmint shoot'n boolits.
Necked down 308, pushing them fast....50-100 grainish.
Kid who traded the bullets probably stole them from his great granddad.
Its .4mm shy of the manbun cool 6.5CM

Last edited:
And what should have ended with the Principal calling the kids parents, instead, if the kid doesn't give up his source, will mean a Juvenile conviction. And I think a juvi conviction for possession of ammo is one of the lucky ones that makes you disqualified for life in MA.
And you can bet thet are checking that gun registration for any relatives that own a .243, not exactly a common round. So they'll get a two for one on the disqualified.

Look at the caption of the picture. [rofl]
View attachment 319089
Shallow depth of field image taken of yellow law enforcement line with police car and lights in the background.

I get irritated like a p!ssed off geezer, when the news is so lazy that they run the same b-roll footage more than once in a 30-second "news" story.

This picture might as well have a caption, "Irrelevant image to engender emotion."

Well it does say stock image. They could at least pull a photo of the front of the school from Google maps or something.

e9bba6643b27a459167413b6f0d4f204_5_4.jpg

The .243 has a bit of punch. Little Jack's first centerfire rifle is in .243. He took a black bear with it in Alaska when he was 9. Blew up the bear's heart. Of course, his uncle was right beside him with a .338 Win Mag. Jack.

The .243 has a bit of punch. Little Jack's first centerfire rifle is in .243. He took a black bear with it in Alaska when he was 9. Blew up the bear's heart. Of course, his uncle was right beside him with a .338 Win Mag. Jack.
LAPD SWAT used the .243 in their sniper rifles during the 1970s. I would have chosen a heavier caliber, but they were probably trying to avoid overpenetration.

I feel safer.

And I've got a .243. Used it for PD hunting a million years ago. I think I've got about 4 billion loaded rounds left. LOL. My buddy that I went with over-sold everything. So instead of maybe 300rds, I loaded over 1,000. I shot maybe 150 rds over 4 days. He brought something like 400 guns to try so we never got to mine often.

Most likely the kids just think bullets are cool looking and don't even have a gun to put them in. Long ago we used to sometimes find spent shells and thought that was cool... we had no idea what to do with them other than try to make a whistle. Of course now, it would mean jail time.

You’re probably correct.
I think bullets are cool looking and currently own 20-.308 rds. with no gun to put them in. I guess some of us never grow up.

Apparently they arrested the kid. The story on one of the local stations said he had pictures of a rifle that would take that round, and additional rounds at home.

Son Lance and Little Jack did a comparison test on .243 VS .30-06 on steel plates. The results were quite surprising. Jack.
Politicians make the rules. The jokers who know nothing about firearms dictate what is issued, who gets to carry what and who is limited to non-lethal or less--lethal only. My all-purpose go-to round is .308. It has proven accuracy, excellent penetration and reliable terminal ballistics.

He was arrested for possession of a firearm and possession of ammunition, in middle school! So now I have to wonder if his parents gave him a 22 to learn with (everyone is calling them "rifle" rounds and not "high velocity large caliber armor piercing ammunition" so I have been assuming it is a 22. If somehow his kid had a rifle and rounds and his parents didn't know then the parents should be in jail for their stupidity. I am really curious to hear when more details come out, partly because my son goes to that school and partly to find out how stupid the kid and his parents are. I asked my son what he learned from this and he said "watch what you say in public" I asked what else and he said "don't bring rounds to school". At least now he got to see what happens when you break those rules

Given how the logic in MA works they would try to nail him for constructive possession if "his" rifle was locked up in his fathers safe and he did not have the combination.

Have you been living under a rock?? Pretty common hunting cartridge, not sure if anything other than a bolt action would chamber it. I suppose you could make it go in an AR, but then again you can make anything go in an AR....

it shoots flat and is fast, just a necked down 308.

Th
Given how the logic in MA works they would try to nail him for constructive possession if "his" rifle was locked up in his fathers safe and he did not have the combination.
The "constructive possession" charge was successfully used in federal court in cases against convicted felons who lived in the same home as their gun-owning friends or relatives. Much harder to prove if the guns are locked in a safe and that safe is locked in the closet of the parents' bedroom, as opposed to keeping them unlocked in a common area of the home.

Back
Top Bottom