• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rifle Rods for almost full safes.

My safe was begining to be a little cramped on the rifle side with the factory rifle racks that come installed. Last night I installed "Rifle Rods" in the safe which the company "Gun Storage Solutions" claims to be able to double your starage capacity with long guns. Well I am pretty happy with the end results. Installation was pretty simple. Some of the shotguns are a little wobbly due to the small diameter of the Rods, but otherwise all is well and I seem to have a ton more room. Any one else use these things?

http://www.storemoreguns.com/

Attachments

• 20131125_205047.jpg
    20131125_205047.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 209
Neat idea. Are the rods plastic or coated with something to protect the bores?

They work, but if you have any shortish rifles and a tall ceiling, you'll want to get something underneath to raise the butt of the rifle, otherwise the rods will develop a bit of a bend and it's not as sturdy.

Any updates on these? I have a replacement barreled receiver on the way, and hence another M14 build happening at some point in the near future, so i’m definitely going to be running short on room in the safe.

Just wondering about how they’ve stood up in the time you’ve been using them? I’m constantly pulling the oddballs out of my safe to make sure everyone gets some love (and subsequent oiling) at least once a year...but probably empty my rifle sections once a month to get to something in the back.

I need something simple and effective. Easy to install/use is a plus because I can use my time better reloading or shooting.

I put them in one of my safes two years ago and I like them. I went overboard and glued the material to the top shelf for the rods to connect to. Black rifles and scoped rifles are odd shaped don't fit well into standard safes. The rods are all plastics and there is a small issue with short rifles in that there is a lot of rod exposed and they bend a bit. Think of setting the height of the shelf with the female Velcro to hold a full stocked AR with a 20 in barrel next to a collapsible 16" model. Overall given the ease of use and flexibility of setting up your safe this is a good product.

I have had them for a few years now. I like them. As stated above, shorter gun will need a shelf because they do bend over time. Shotguns also will have a wobble. If you have any calibers under .22, you will need to but special rods.

Back
Top Bottom