RIFLE RAFFLE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weeeellll It was a great run guys... PP HAS OFFICIALLY LOCKED OUT THE ACCOUNT.....somehow they found out it was for a rifle raffle....... so they have limited my access.....

Dear Brian Messier,

The PAL User Agreement states that Pay, at its sole discretion,
reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User
Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
Policy, PP may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms,
firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives.

The complete Acceptable Use Policy can be found at the following URL:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/m...ntent_ID=ua/AcceptableUse_full&locale.x=en_US

To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help
Center page here:
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_help

We are hereby notifying you that it has been determined that you are in
violation of PP's Acceptable Use Policy regarding your sale of raffle
tickets for a firearm on
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/107861-RIFLE-RAFFLE!!!!.
Therefore, your account has been permanently limited.

Please refer to transaction #:
4VJ01133VV967045F

You will need to remove all references to PPl from your website(s)
and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PP as a payment
option, but also the PP logo and/or shopping cart.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have any questions,
please contact the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department at
[email protected].

Sincerely,
Pal Acceptable Use Policy Department
Pay, an eBay Company

Last edited:
Well, that sucks. They haven't credited my money back so hopefully they're just stopping it and not reversing it. Sorry to hear this. Pretty lame of them considering the cause and that it's a raffle and not a sale.

The PAL User Agreement states that Pay, at its sole discretion,
reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the User
Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. Under the Acceptable Use
Policy, PP may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms,
firearm parts or accessories, ammunition, weapons or knives.
Nobody here was buying or selling a firearm. "Payment" implies the exchange of funds for a purpose of receiiving a commodity. We were making voluntary donations to help a sick child. Should the person who organized this fundraiser choose to give a gift to a randomly selected donor, and articulates his intended generosity for the purpose of raising more donations, I fail to see how that is any of PP's concern or remotely related to the quoted policy.

Thanks on the road, that will help!!!! I also was putting the spin of it MAY NOT doesnt mean it CANT.. if they wanted that it should say SHALL not. ( hey it works for the town in union negotiations LOL )

IF I cant get the funds out of their Tight asses, I will refund each and every donation I have. I have the address of each and every person who donated to the funds, and I will very simply send paper reciepts to everyone via mail and those of you who chose to can send one copy of the reciept back to me, with the donation they wish to make to the cause. It will take quite a while longer, but its not about the time factor. I did this to help the family, and if it means I have to do some handwork sending out letters, so be it. I would RATHER that the vendor make good on the services that I PAID THEM TO PROVIDE!

IF I cant get the funds out of their Tight asses, I will refund each and every donation I have. I have the address of each and every person who donated to the funds, and I will very simply send paper reciepts to everyone via mail and those of you who chose to can send one copy of the reciept back to me, with the donation they wish to make to the cause. It will take quite a while longer, but its not about the time factor. I did this to help the family, and if it means I have to do some handwork sending out letters, so be it. I would RATHER that the vendor make good on the services that I PAID THEM TO PROVIDE!

Seriously - maybe I'm missing something here. If you have the names/addresses of everyone who has donated thus far, instead of refunds, why not just cover their donations while you work on unlocking the funds and shift this raffle to a cash/check/MO affair and continue forward. Why throw in the towel?

THe account is unlocked..... I can get the money out... thanks to those of you who wrote the flaming emails that burned down the machine!!

Maybe go back to the good old days? Check/MO? I know it's a hassle, but it's pretty PayPal asshat proof....

And that is why I prefered the cash route. To Brian, if for some reason the do not return the money I will donate again to a legal fund this time and we will take them to court.

Nice. I say this was a close enough call to pull out the cash and close up shop now before it comes back to bite ya. I filled a few co-workers in on the situation, and due to everyone in general having a bad day at my office they were all too pleased to blow off some steam in the PP direction.

FhvnLT4A, so what is the status on this? Are you just moving the money to a private bank account and moving forward with the raffle or is it called off? Either way, pass my donation on to the family...they need it more than I do.

Also, what are we up to on the fund anyway? Will it be enough to make a dent in the medical bills? I sure hope so...

You are the man for doing all of this and we all thank you...more reps inbound my friend

Sorry its been a while since updated.... The funds made it into my savings account yesterday night, the grand total for the paypal debacle ( Internet donations) Is 5,316.63... .WAY over what I wanted to get.... NOW.. I also collected over 200 dollars in paper tickets locally, as well as I DO NOT KNOW what amount of funds went directly to Lexy and her family. I am pretty sure that was close to 500 dollars itself. SOOOOOOO you all in your generosity raised close to 6 GRAND for the family. I myself have controlled 5,500 dollars of it and the familys going to get it saturday. I am getting Julie an all day spa treatment at Lexys request, and I am going to give Lexys older sister a gas card for 150 dollars, because when I am at work and cant give her her shot, Kailey her sister drivers her up there. The raffle will be completed by the end of the weekend and the winners will be notified by phone and email before I post anything here.

That is great news. So, between your awesome generosity and the fine people who donated here and on the other boards, $12k roughly...

Truly awesome work sir.

If you total up the cash its closer to 6 thousand, but if you add in all the donated items for the raffle, and some of the straight donations, I would say we have close to 8 grand invested in this cause, which is UNBELIEVEABLY generous by any standards!!!

Awesome. I'm glad we could help with the cause. Again, you are one hell of a guy for stepping up to make this thing possible.

THREAD RESURRECTION ALERT!

I remember this thread well because it was one of the first threads I read after joining NES where the community stepped up to help.

I was curious how Lexi is doing?

I apologize if this was answered somewhere else previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom