• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RIFLE RAFFLE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys and gals for your continued support. As a matter of note, we are just slightly over 1,000 dollars away from the goal of 5,000 dollars, and I will stop accepting entries at 5,250. (If Jerry can go over the top, hoping so can I)....

Lexy had an ok couple of days. From what her mom said, she has had a slight fever and has some blisters on her stump. She also saw it for the first time, and I guess it threw her for a loop, the reality of HER foot not there. Add to that the fact that today was suppose to be her first day of school, and I guess shes emotionally pretty down. BUT.. knowing her, it wont last long and before long she will be popping her prosthetic off to paint the toes of her fake foot and not thinking anything of it!!

I can't imagine looking down and not seeing a foot. I’m told that this is normal for patients having such a drastic surgery. It’s one thing to tell yourself ahead of time but lying there feeling awful has to draining, add being so young with school and friends going back to a schedule that she was hoping for.

I had a traumatic event when I was little and I still have times when it gets the better of me. Hopefully with the support of friends, family and the medical staff she will have more better days than not.

Hang in there Lexi there are many thinking of you,

Tommy

I'm adding a brand new Galati Gear softside rifle case to the items that are being raffled off. This is a takedown case, and it should fit an AR with an upper or lower that's up to ~27" long when broken down. I'll pick up a combination lock for the double zipper so it can be used for storage and meet MA storage laws. Link to case here.

If I could afford to throw in more cash I'd do so, but I hope this donation will encourage folks to jump in and get the total over $5000.

This is a great forum with very generous people. Seeing complete strangers willing to help a family out is very satisfying.

A big donation day today!! two hundred dollars worth!!! the next 50 dollars brings us over 4 thousand and into the home stretch!!!

Just had to throw this update in..... Lex had her Epidural taken out yesterday so she is feeling the pains now... but .... well. heres what Her mom has to say

PT
Posted 6 minutes ago
So you didnt think this young marine would give up did you, well after some meds were adjusted and her wheelchair was delivered, I got back in the room and she was sound a sleep. Her PT trainer says you think shes ready? I woke groggy Lex up wheeled down to the room and she got up on the parrel bars and went across a couple of times and sat back down. Lex looked at me and said "Mom I gotta figure this out" she was amazing tears to the eye she got her crutches and went across the room. She is now resting comfortable and
what a accomplishment today !!!! Huge !!!!!
Lex Mom and Dad are proud. Keep Believing !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just rolled $50 in coins. I decided $50 would not put a dent in my end of month budget overspending, so this is a better use for the funds!! Come on everyone. find some coins and support an amazing young marine and her family through this!!!

Confirmation number: 84806139GR9187130
Confirmation number: 3K760990UB992004R

Hello all, thank you for your continued support of Lex and her cause. Its been a few days since I put out an update, so I thought Id share the latest. Lexy is HOME!!!!

I went over yesterday because mom texted me and asked if I could help give her some of her meds. I went over and I sure as hell wasnt prepared for what I saw. Lex had just gotten home a couple hours earlier, so she was hurting. She didnt have her wig on, and between the prosthetic and not seeing her with hair, for me... it was pretty sobering. Shes very pale and somewhat bloated, but still managed to crack a smile when I busted her chops for not havin the prosthietic nails painted... My wife provided them with an ortho seat so she was able to get in the shower for the first time in 8 days yesterday, which was great. I went by last night to give her the meds that she needs, and fingers crossed she slept through the night. She starts her Chemotherapy again on the 10th.

For me, this is a first time event for someone so close to me. For some of you, you all know firsthand what goes on with this insideous disease, and I want to reach out to you and just let you know I have nothing but respect for the things you had to go through.

Hello all, thank you for your continued support of Lex and her cause. Its been a few days since I put out an update, so I thought Id share the latest. Lexy is HOME!!!!

I went over yesterday because mom texted me and asked if I could help give her some of her meds. I went over and I sure as hell wasn't prepared for what I saw. Lex had just gotten home a couple hours earlier, so she was hurting. She didn't have her wig on, and between the prosthetic and not seeing her with hair, for me... it was pretty sobering. Shes very pale and somewhat bloated, but still managed to crack a smile when I busted her chops for not having the prosthetic nails painted... My wife provided them with an ortho seat so she was able to get in the shower for the first time in 8 days yesterday, which was great. I went by last night to give her the meds that she needs, and fingers crossed she slept through the night. She starts her Chemotherapy again on the 10th.

For me, this is a first time event for someone so close to me. For some of you, you all know firsthand what goes on with this insidious disease, and I want to reach out to you and just let you know I have nothing but respect for the things you had to go through.

The weapon will be transferred to the winner at either First Defense Firearms in Uxbridge or at Zero Hour Firearms in Easton. I will also be willing to run up to Four Seasons in the event someone from NH or ME or VT wins.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to presenting this labor of love to the winner in October.

You should keep the rifle.
As far as I go. If I win there will be no transfer necessary. The rifle will stay with you. Hopefully some others will follow my lead.
You built it. You are obviously a giving and caring person. Hope all is well with her family and yours.
Mike.

Last edited:

I went over yesterday because mom texted me and asked if I could help give her some of her meds. I went over and I sure as hell wasnt prepared for what I saw. Lex had just gotten home a couple hours earlier, so she was hurting. She didnt have her wig on, and between the prosthetic and not seeing her with hair, for me... it was pretty sobering. Shes very pale and somewhat bloated, but still managed to crack a smile when I busted her chops for not havin the prosthietic nails painted... My wife provided them with an ortho seat so she was able to get in the shower for the first time in 8 days yesterday, which was great. I went by last night to give her the meds that she needs, and fingers crossed she slept through the night. She starts her Chemotherapy again on the 10th.

For me, this is a first time event for someone so close to me. For some of you, you all know firsthand what goes on with this insideous disease, and I want to reach out to you and just let you know I have nothing but respect for the things you had to go through.

Your compassion is remarkable, these updates make my problems seem trivial. I keep thinking of this young girl and her family and I hope and pray that someday soon this will all be behind her.

Tommy

I can't speak for everyone else with cancer,.........but the fear is the worst. There is only so many innards you can remove from the human body, before you start to need them to survive! LOL The worry and stress that comes before every Dr's appointment, affects everyone close to you. Sometimes you just feel like someone pulled the pin on your grenade, and you are left just holding it............ everything about this disease is demoralizing!

Can't say enough about what you are doing! You aren't just throwing money at the situation, you are DOING something, I can't begin to say how IMPORTANT your physical support is! Joking, and laughter is such a huge positive healer. I'm sure she appreciates that you keep it "real" with her, and aren't condescending. The first few days at home will be really rough, they always are. (Anyone that's had surgery can attest to this.) Give her some time, and you should see some improvement, she'll get restless soon. Showers are a treat, and a hugh moral booster, tiring, BUT wonderful!

Wish I had more to offer you, than just words...... but....... You are doing great! Just knowing that she and her mom, have someone to call on for help, has got to be a blessing. Even if you only called to offer your help, they would appreciate it. The fact that you and your wife, saw a need, jumped in and just did something, speaks volumes! It takes special people to step up!

I'm sure you have heard it before, but THANK YOU for being so caring!

Welcome home, Lexy!! Stay strong, and "do the damn thing", go girl!

Thank you guys for those words.... I have 3 ARs myself already gang, and I built this one for a purpose.... you all are making that purpose a reality with the donations. The winner I HOPE will take this baby and shoot her in good health and not think a second about owning it!!

I have been an EMT and Paramedic for 20 years. I have brought people to and from chemo for months, then thought.. hey, this guy looked really GOOD today!!! then never had to take them again because their last days they rebound for whatever reason. Shitty way to learn it but those of you who know what Im talking about... its part of life. I wish I could personally finance the cure for cancer, as most of us do I am sure! For now, for us, Im really pleased to be able to say we are close to 4300 dollars in donated chance sales, and Im stopping at 5250. I really want to meet you all who will win the items we have for the raffle. I cant wait to present Julie and Lexy with the check for that money, and a list of each and every name that made it possible. It means the world to me to be able to make something better for them, and I hope each and every one of you who sent in a chance feels the same way I do.

As a matter of note, she was much better today. Had her wig on, which made her more "lexy". She was tolerating the phantom pains more today than yesterday and not nearly as out of it. She was telling me that the pins and needles she feels in her foot thats not there anymore was driving her crazy.... she figured out though that scratching the front right of her knee helps it alot... must be where the nerves are closest to the surface. Her hair is growing back under the wig, and I hope before we drop off the check and the rifle that I can get a picture of her in her real hair with the AR

[wink]

02U85668S6150880W
41082669D2086505H
9KX29265YU9503719
0K22233187375254N

I wish her the very best on her journey. Her health will be in my prayers.

BJ

TYPO, you da man!! I was noticing a slump over the weekend but you my friend just shot it right up over 4300 dollars!!! we are just about 30 donations away from the goal!!! I cant wait to see this check sent to Lexy!

I'd like to add to this if I can. I have 100 rounds of M855 (Green Tip 62g Steel Core 5.56x45) that I'd like to give to the winner of the raffle to help get them started. All the winner has to do is come down my way to pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom