Rifle Matches

jhagberg88

NES Member
i have a Mk 12 clone, 18in barrel, bipod, 2.5-10 power scope and a muzzle brake. Are there any rifle competitions I can compete in with that setup?

Jason

There are always some sort of matches out there.
NRA match rifle ?
Cmp modern military?
FTR ?
Local any rifle any sights prone matches?
Where are you located.

Ok so basically as far as I know almost any rifle match will let you play/try as long as there is room. It’s easier to pick a game and get the equipment than trying to find a game for your equipment.

You could go to cmp matches . There’s a club up your way that has them. Maybe catch one of the last 600 yard prone matches at reading. Your welcome to come down to old colony pembroke and run your rifle at cmp 200 yard game match. You of course will be shooting out of competition

Ok so basically as far as I know almost any rifle match will let you play/try as long as there is room. It’s easier to pick a game and get the equipment than trying to find a game for your equipment.

You could go to cmp matches . There’s a club up your way that has them. Maybe catch one of the last 600 yard prone matches at reading. Your welcome to come down to old colony pembroke and run your rifle at cmp 200 yard game match. You of course will be shooting out of competition

That sounds perfect, I just want to see what I can do with my rifle.

Last match at OCSA this Sunday 830
It’s modern military match, slings not bipods though. As mentioned though no one gets turned away you just shoot out of comp:

Also- occasionally we do have someone show up with an AR in some sort of 'out of competition' configuration, so that's not unusual. Everyone seems more than happy to accommodate additional shooters.

Also- occasionally we do have someone show up with an AR in some sort of 'out of competition' configuration, so that's not unusual. Everyone seems more than happy to accommodate additional shooters.
The intention of the cmp matches is to get new folks on the line and learning fundamentals . I don’t get to the range often so when I do I like some sort of “match”
Cmp, NRA, ATA, IDPA.... I like the entire alphabet!
Love to try SASS also but need a good fun fund to get a step into that

I’m putting together a .22 for the NRL22 matches at Granby. Would really like to do more 22cal rifle competitions. So much fun to shoot and inexpensive.

I’m putting together a .22 for the NRL22 matches at Granby. Would really like to do more 22cal rifle competitions. So much fun to shoot and inexpensive.
I’m trying to get something going on down here biggest hurdle is finding slots at the gun clubs. One is to busy and the other , well just say the board is less than interested in anything that’s not bringing in $$$$$

I tried to revive silohette at one club and got a “it’s to hard” from the members.

I like to get some sort of prone, Fclass,know your limits, shoot going.

I’m trying to get something going on down here biggest hurdle is finding slots at the gun clubs. One is to busy and the other , well just say the board is less than interested in anything that’s not bringing in $$$$$

I tried to revive silohette at one club and got a “it’s to hard” from the members.

I like to get some sort of prone, Fclass,know your limits, shoot going.
I’m game.. I will see if I can put something together also. That NRL22 looks like a blast. F-class type shooting would be a ton of fun.

i have a Mk 12 clone, 18in barrel, bipod, 2.5-10 power scope and a muzzle brake. Are there any rifle competitions I can compete in with that setup?

Jason

If you know your data, Pemi F&G does PRS type matches with shots out to 650m, but I would suggest knowing your rifle pretty well before rolling up and sending rounds into the hillside.

PRS Style Matches, Holderness, NH.

I am a member and try to get up there at least once a month, it is an amazing rifle range. If I were going to be home for the next match, I would be shooting my SPR. Maybe December's.

If you know your data, Pemi F&G does PRS type matches with shots out to 650m, but I would suggest knowing your rifle pretty well before rolling up and sending rounds into the hillside.

I am a member and try to get up there at least once a month, it is an amazing rifle range. If I were going to be home for the next match, I would be shooting my SPR. Maybe December's.

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to get out past 100 yards with it yet. Trying to join up at Reading so I can start gathering dope.

do you happen to know about how big the targets are ?

hows the wind there.....Im not all that good with reading the wind. I take a guess and cheet sheet it!

You shoot up a hill side, so if there's wind it blows you around. I was having a bitch of a time ringing the steel with 55grn loads last time I was up because of the wind, didn't want to waste the good stuff playing around.

I shoot 40 grain 22lr at 200 in wind more than I care to. I don’t have much say in when I can get to the range. More times than not when I can go the weather sucks.

Back
Top Bottom