• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ridgeline May 2021 Scoped Carbine Class

Link?

I have 1-6x24 scopes on my Tavor X95 300AAC and FN FAL - such a class would be cool.

$500? OMG, is it a joke? go to the range with $500 worth of ammo and a friend who served, and he will teach you how to work a sling and how to look through the scope.
The only way you’ll ever realize how wrong you are is to take a class with a competent instructor.

$500? OMG, is it a joke? go to the range with $500 worth of ammo and a friend who served, and he will teach you how to work a sling and how to look through the scope.
As a former infantryman who has attended the AMU’s SDM course and had a lot of combat experience behind glass, it’s hard to even begin to tell you how stupid of an idea that is you said. There are so many facets of optics usage and medium range engagements that the VAST majority of service members don’t know. To be honest, most non-maneuver service members don’t know a whole lot about gun fighting in general. Heck, there’s a whole lot that I don’t know either. There are always new things to learn. And I plan to attend that course at some point too.

Plus their facilities seem pretty sweet.

As a former infantryman who has attended the AMU’s SDM course and had a lot of combat experience behind glass, it’s hard to even begin to tell you how stupid of an idea that is you said. There are so many facets of optics usage and medium range engagements that the VAST majority of service members don’t know. To be honest, most non-maneuver service members don’t know a whole lot about gun fighting in general. Heck, there’s a whole lot that I don’t know either. There are always new things to learn. And I plan to attend that course at some point too.

Plus their facilities seem pretty sweet.

I did a non-live-fire, long distance optics class at CDI in Manchester around 3 or 4 years ago.
Rob Tibo did the 8 hour class, and even tho the information was non-stop and there was A LOT of info that we went over = we only skimmed-over the very "surface" of all that there is to learn about accurate long range shooting.

Last edited:
If you can shoot 2moa or better with that specific gun any mag fed rifle is fine. If you can't shoot 2moa or less, this class will be beyond your ability and you'll waste your time. Classes like this require a fair baseline confidence of your ability to call your shots and make them count so you can focus on learning the small things that matter to get better.

If you can shoot 2moa or better with that specific gun any mag fed rifle is fine. If you can't shoot 2moa or less, this class will be beyond your ability and you'll waste your time. Classes like this require a fair baseline confidence of your ability to call your shots and make them count so you can focus on learning the small things that matter to get better.
That. This is definitely not a beginners class.

I wish. I can’t afford $600 worth of ammo on top of the class. 😕
I’ve been looking at Sig classes as well, handgun and shotgun, but I think perhaps next year may be a better option.

What did you like the best?
There was a very good mix of shooting and classroom teaching alternating. This class definitely changed the way I setup and use my main rifle. Specifically with respect to scope usage and having my rifle setup to effectively engage different distance targets (0-600) with as little thinking as possible both before and while shooting.

I'm also much more confident with my ammo/rifle combo and KNOWING that if I need to hit a person, I will.

If you have not shoot beyond 300yds, this class will be an eye opener. I had only shot at 600 once before this class, but that one time made a huge difference in what I got out of this class.

What did you like the best?
That is hard to say, everything about was really good. It really ties all the cool guy bullet hose gay shit together with real practical rifle use. It is almost a crash course in precision shooting without going off the deep end. It is a class I could take 2 more times and get more out of it each time. The confidence it builds as a rifle shooter is awesome.

I was actually thinking about shooting this particular weekend with a few buddies, but the ammo requiremnet is tough in the best of times.

I am glad this was bumped and some NESers have attended.

What was the common magnification for the scopes you guys saw for this course?

If you have not shoot beyond 300yds, this class will be an eye opener. I had only shot at 600 once before this class, but that one time made a huge difference in what I got out of this class.

I don't think my eyes would work currently. An 5.56 LMT 16" CQB, with a Viper Gen II PST 1-6, would see past 300 yds but my eyes wouldn't.

Thanks. [cheers] Matt

I don't think my eyes would work currently. An 5.56 LMT 16" CQB, with a Viper Gen II PST 1-6, would see past 300 yds but my eyes wouldn't.

Thanks. [cheers] Matt

I'm running a Leupolt MR/T M2 1.5‐5x on a 18" BCM NM 1:7. No issues.

Thanks. [cheers] Matt
That would do the job, find ammo the rifle likes and jam on.

I shot the class with a 16" gun with a 2-10x and an offset rmr.

Back
Top Bottom