• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Richie's Sporting Supply-Westport, MA

The tank is called a British Ferret and did not cost $200,00.00 . I asked his wife if she made him sell the Cobra and she said " No Way" I haven't been here in a while however every time I come in to read about the gun shops, someone is always telling stories, untruths and just putting others down. Where none of us are perfect and have our days, retail is a hard business to work at. If one considers the attitudes people have, heck just in a few posts in the Gun Shop Topic's alone, one can see how some may be not treated to their satisfaction. Prices have gone crazy the past 10 months and changes to guns and ammo have to go accordingly. Where a price may be at 10%, 15% or 20% over cost, some factors make shops charge a little more than they like...just to stay profitable. As far as "Price Quotes" business people would spend most of their day on the phone answering questions and giving prices to window shoppers. Get off you butt and take a ride to the shops and see what they may have and their prices. I do know Richies asks where the person is at and if they are a distance away..gives them a price. No shop is going to please everyone and cater to their whims or feelings on a give day if they are having a day like that themselves. The post by ooglassoo is a good example how wrong info is posted about a business and how a bad name can be started about a shop. BTW.. the so called "A$$ helper Bob" is a retired policeman and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Low key , friendly and helpful all the time. Not all shops are right and neither are all customers. Those who are reading the posts about ANY shop needs to see for themselves how a shop is and how they are treated. If you have a problem with a shop or an employee inquire as to why you fell mistreated. Nothings perfect and nobody is right 100% of the time. Sorry for the long post but things needed to be straightened out or cleared up.

Take a ride to Middleboro Gun shop and then see if you still feel like defending the store owner....

Take a ride to Middleboro Gun shop and then see if you still feel like defending the store owner....

Not sure what you are saying here. Defend the store owner Richies or Middleboro ? Are saying Middleboro is better than Richies and I should try there? You are real vague......

I do not think he wants to understand!!!

His rants sounds like he works there.

Fred

Mr Lotter...I don't work there however DO know you when you would be there every week. BTW...you think someone who posts about a given place or subject is a rant? Nobody here knows you as the whinner that you really are[laugh2] in person.

FCI....

Your"re on top of things I see.... :( Unreal....

No he is not. You just dont want to understand.[rofl]

I have been to both Richies and Middleboro.....no complaints. Everyone needs to go to the gun shops and form their own opinion and not to rely on what others opinions are. Don't worry about what I understand and no need to reply for others ![pot]

I have to disagree with you. Ritchie is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. If a gun is bought on consignment you and the shop won't know the history, it's a chance you take. You also may have used the wrong cartridges. Using .380 in a 9x19 will give you those results with the cases. I have heard of this happening before. Let's support our local dealers, you never know when when our communist state will outlaw these shops like they did in Boston.

I have to disagree with you. Ritchie is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with. If a gun is bought on consignment you and the shop won't know the history, it's a chance you take. You also may have used the wrong cartridges. Using .380 in a 9x19 will give you those results with the cases. I have heard of this happening before. Let's support our local dealers, you never know when when our communist state will outlaw these shops like they did in Boston.

There are shops who stand behind there consignment firearms so you don't have to take a big "chance". If i was to buy a used gun at a gun shop, those are the ones i would visit. If i was a business owner and i was selling a used product, i would make sure it was functioning properly because its my reputation on the line. Just my two cents.

As far as "Price Quotes" business people would spend most of their day on the phone answering questions and giving prices to window shoppers. Get off you butt and take a ride to the shops and see what they may have and their prices. I do know Richies asks where the person is at and if they are a distance away..gives them a price. No shop is going to please everyone and cater to their whims or feelings on a give day if they are having a day like that themselves.

The most successful shops around either post their prices on the Web or will answer a question and give a price over the phone (Four Seasons, Collectors, Zero Hour, AG Guns, even Northeast Trading, KTP). My buddy was looking for a gun and I told him to call Ritchies. He explained that he was a distance away (90 minutes) asked about the gun. Ritchie would not quote a price. You set your prices and if I don't like it I will not buy but don't make me drive a hour and a half to find out. Ritchie's is the ONLY gun shop I know that does not quote prices. Crap like that. He may be a nice guy but he's chock full of BS!

Last edited:
WRONG!!!! The Makarov I bought was a Russian imported by Bear Ams in Texas and was Stamped 380!!! I brought the gun to two different gunsmiths who both said barrel and recoil spring are shot to hell and need to be replaced... I had the barrel and spring replace by Mike Pigneya the gunsmith that Carrs sporting goods uses. I then sold the gun to The shootist who can also verify that the gun is chambered in 380. Yes there are two sides to every story, but you have to consider FACTS!!!!

The fact is that the gun YOU bought from Richies was not a 380 nor was it stamped 380 ACP ! I know the original owner of that gun, and know for a FACT that it wasn't a 380. I even went to the point of checking registration records on that gun, the sales tag when you purchased it and the FFL log book which all showed 9mm Makarov ! And them there ARE THE FACTS!

I even went to the point of checking registration records on that gun, the sales tag when you purchased it and the FFL log book which all showed 9mm Makarov ! And them there ARE THE FACTS!

It's interesting to discover that his records are available for public viewing? Who would have thunk it![wink]

Last edited:
He works there[smile]

Knob Creek & G3 ....

It must be nice to be a know it all ! I do NOT work there! I know the original owner of that gun and let Rick know what was being said here about that gun and HE showed where/when the gun came in to his shop and the sale to the member ooglassoo ( real name withheld ) Speak the facts gentlemen and NOT what you assume or perceive.

Knob Creek & G3 ....

It must be nice to be a know it all ! I do NOT work there! I know the original owner of that gun and let Rick know what was being said here about that gun and HE showed where/when the gun came in to his shop and the sale to the member ooglassoo ( real name withheld ) Speak the facts gentlemen and NOT what you assume or perceive.

OK Mother Nevermind

Last edited:
Sorry to inform you but your facts are wrong!!!!! If you dont know what you are talking about please dont talk!!!!
I will except your apology at anytime..... Please dont lock this thread I just want to clear my name and prove im telling the truth!!!

mymakarov002.jpg

Makarovtradepix005.jpg

The fact is that the gun YOU bought from Richies was not a 380 nor was it stamped 380 ACP ! I know the original owner of that gun, and know for a FACT that it wasn't a 380. I even went to the point of checking registration records on that gun, the sales tag when you purchased it and the FFL log book which all showed 9mm Makarov ! And them there ARE THE FACTS!

Last edited:
Sorry to inform you but your facts are wrong!!!!! If you dont know what you are talking about please dont talk!!!!
I will except your apology at anytime..... Please dont lock this thread I just want to clear my name and prove im telling the truth!!!

mymakarov002.jpg

Looks like my gun alright, the gun I bought from you. It's indeed a .380 and my daily carry. I bought it from ooglassoo as he's stated. I got both the old barrel and spring as well as the new installed barrel/spring...again both chambered in .380. I tried reading some of the feedback here and I'm not quite sure who knows what with all the testosterone dripping from this thread. As a result I can't really offer any other comments. All I know is ooglassoo is an honest man that I bought a great gun (Mak .380) from. I hope this helps clear some things up! [smile]

I'm not going to lock this as it's a review thread for a shop, but I do believe we're done here gentlemen. And yes, that's my final answer.

Mother

I recently purchased a Colt AR-15 from Richie's. Not only was his price $200.00 less than most other places that I shopped but he took the time to put on a new front forearm for me. If you have ever done it you know that it can be a real pain in the rear.He threw in a couple of magazines that I didn't ask for either. He also spent about 20 minutes in the basement and found me a case of .223's that had been around for a while and gave me a sweet deal on the case. I didn't ask him for ammo, he said that he thought he had some kicking around and made me the offer. Say what you want about his shop but the next time I am in the market for a firearm he will get my business...

I recently purchased a Colt AR-15 from Richie's. Not only was his price $200.00 less than most other places that I shopped but he took the time to put on a new front forearm for me. If you have ever done it you know that it can be a real pain in the rear.He threw in a couple of magazines that I didn't ask for either. He also spent about 20 minutes in the basement and found me a case of .223's that had been around for a while and gave me a sweet deal on the case. I didn't ask him for ammo, he said that he thought he had some kicking around and made me the offer. Say what you want about his shop but the next time I am in the market for a firearm he will get my business...

Many folks have struck gold while shopping at Richie's. I remember the Swedish Ljungman he had for sale for $600+ a while back. At the time I thought it was priced too high even though it was in great shape. A while after I first saw it there, I went back and it was gone. When I remarked about it not being there anymore, he told me how he sold it and found the box that he had with goodies for it. Inside was a matching serial # bayonet, sling, and a bunch of ammo. Probably $300 worth of goodies in that box which would have made a hell of a deal.
Just like the minty M91 all matching 1895 Sestroretsk I got for $100 along with a huge bag of Chinese 7.62x54 ammo for free. Its like something out of a medieval shopping experience... you may get your balls busted and sent away with nothing, you may break even, or you may get an incredible deal. It depends on the shopkeeper's mood I guess.[laugh]

I have bought 2 Pistols from Richie's and sold a unfired Buffalo Bill Commemorative Winch Mod 94 -- 30-30 carbine & S&W 669 pistol on consignment through his shop and would do it all again. I don't mind the stories even when they are sprinkled with a little BS, we are all guilty of that one I would suspect in our lifetime. [smile]

I had a co-worker with me once from Bermuda, who doesn't get to gun shops to often, like NOT at all, and I brought him by, Richie spend 30 minutes with him showing him the shop and his workshop on the ground floor, not to many folks would take that interest in someone whom they didn't know. Good time had by all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom