Knife 'STEELS'-N-DEALS thread!

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
I'm going to start this off with (2) BUCK USA knives I found on Clearance at Walmart in Hudson, NH today. Both good knives for general purpose use, Made in America and you won't break the bank owning them. Oh, Lifetime warranty too.

Also, it's not too early to think about a Christmas gift for that young man or lady who would rather be outdoors instead of on Facebook. Or for a Dad or Grand Dad, Boss or Buddy.

Lastly, I'll offer up a classic Buck design that has a price point that can't be beat, even if it is not on sale. The Buck Folding Hunter 110. I talked to BUCK USA in February of this year and found out that these knifes are made the same way, using the same materials, as the $50 BUCK's that you could buy at Cabela's or Bass Pro. I bought one and found that it is just as well made as one that I still have from the early 1980's, only the blade stays sharper longer with BUCK's new 420HC Heat-treated steel.

Please feel free to add to this thread with Special Knives and Deals you come across!
~Matt

8/1/18 Hudson NH Walmart:
BUCK USA, 715 Ascend-LT (EDC-Folder), on sale for $21.00 (reg: $29.88) 2 in-stock
BUCK USA, 632 MESA (General Purp. Fixed blade W/ Micarta scales), on sale for $35.00 (reg: $44.34) 2 in-stock
BUCK USA, 110 Hunter w/ leather sheath for $34.47, 3 in-stock

New-Buck-Knives-Ascend-LT-Pocket-Knife-0715BLSWM.jpg
s-l300.jpg

32203181_2068364123431556_480094442234052608_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to add....
That walmart puts their cheap ozark trail throw-away knives on clearance all the time. I have maybe 10-15 that I got over the last few years for around 1.97.

*edit.. they are not great, but work in a pinch, and you can tuck them all over the place where you need a knife handy.
I bought my boys their first knives, all bucks, all made in the usa, don't mind paying the $40 for that.

Appreciate the effort RichC, but this is about knives and edged weapons, not just any holiday sales.

Maybe someone should change the title to reflect that.
Not a bad idea. Ive come here a few times only to realize its a knife thread. The title is identical to the other steals n deals thread and tbh I dont realize its in the knife section until ive clicked. No big deal to me, just might save people a click or two.:)

Actually I didn't realize it because the title was generic. Good idea.

Not a bad idea. Ive come here a few times only to realize its a knife thread. The title is identical to the other steals n deals thread and tbh I dont realize its in the knife section until ive clicked. No big deal to me, just might save people a click or two.:)

I dont realize its in the knife section until ive clicked. No big deal to me, just might save people a click or two.:)

If you use the New Posts function like I do, you get a list of new and updated posts but have to look closely to see what section the post is in.

If you use the New Posts function like I do, you get a list of new and updated posts but have to look closely to see what section the post is in.
Yeah thats pretty much what I do, aside from the last part, lol. Only happened a few times and I cant say it bothers me all that much, so not complaining. I see steals n deals and think "oh boy" and then "oh...knives again." [laugh]

Maybe someone should change the title to reflect that.

That’s not up to me, but a little attention to detail goes a long way. Not trying to sound like a dick, but it’s in the Knife Forum, and the first 8 paragraphs posted in the thread are about knives, as well as several photos of knives.

Either way my post to richc wasn’t sarcastic, just fact.

Yeah thats pretty much what I do, aside from the last part, lol. Only happened a few times and I cant say it bothers me all that much, so not complaining. I see steals n deals and think "oh boy" and then "oh...knives again." [laugh]

Maybe you should get into knives then you'd be super excited when you see this thread? :D

Not trying to sound like a dick

Try a little harder. ;)

a little attention to detail goes a long way. …. but it’s in the Knife Forum, and the first 8 paragraphs posted in the thread are about knives, as well as several photos of knives.

Please remember that your use case for this site may not be what others use. I never go to a specific section. I use New Posts which gives a list of all new and updated posts in ALL sections. When I click on a post, it doesn't take me to the first 8 posts, it takes me to the first post I haven't read.

One of my pet peeves is obscure post titles. Most times if I can't figure out what the post is about, I skip it. I am into bargain hunting and knives, so I am not offended when I get to a thread that sounds like a generic bargain thread, but ends up being the knife bargain thread.

YMMV

Try a little harder. ;)

Please remember that your use case for this site may not be what others use. I never go to a specific section. I use New Posts which gives a list of all new and updated posts in ALL sections. When I click on a post, it doesn't take me to the first 8 posts, it takes me to the first post I haven't read.

One of my pet peeves is obscure post titles. Most times if I can't figure out what the post is about, I skip it. I am into bargain hunting and knives, so I am not offended when I get to a thread that sounds like a generic bargain thread, but ends up being the knife bargain thread.

YMMV

You sir, have too many first world problems for my caveman brain to handle in a polite and civilized manner. Most of which can be solved with a good swab of Vagasil or a little more attention to detail, no matter what use case you use. Use? Ush? ? ?

How was that? Just funnin’ with ya man. It’s all good.

The knife forum has worked out very well so far because of the types of people who visit it, no drama, no BS and no whining. Let’s all try to keep it that way.

Just FYI, it does tell you just under the thread title what forum/section it's in...

It does indeed. And I mentioned that. I also mentioned that you have to look closely to see the forum a post is in. It is in much smaller type and it blends in with the background on a computer web browser - I haven't used a mobile device to view this forum in a LONG time.

My point is still valid, use better thread titles!

i'm not that smart...

:-(

That’s not up to me, but a little attention to detail goes a long way. Not trying to sound like a dick, but it’s in the Knife Forum, and the first 8 paragraphs posted in the thread are about knives, as well as several photos of knives.

Either way my post to richc wasn’t sarcastic, just fact.

Even worse, now that Ive replied to this thread, it shows up in my alerts where it tells you the name of the thread but not the section. It would be just like me to pick up an expensive new hobby just to avoid a minor annoyance.

suicide.gif

Lol. When I posted this thread I actually flipped it around from "Deals and Steals"
so as not to be confused with the other thread...

How wrong I was. [sad]

Look for an Exciting! New! Captivating! thread title in 3...2...1...

Back
Top Bottom