• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Town Issued Permit vs. A.G. Issued Permit

Does anyone know why it is that the town issued permit is exempted from the 7 Day waiting period and the AG issued permit is not?

I understand that when they added "11.47.35.1" to the laws they simply forgot to add "11.47.18" to the exemptions.

I guess my question here is, Does anyone here know if this has been brought before RI legislation in the past?

It just seems like a simple mistake in the law which should be addressed.

This was an attempt to get all permit holders exempt by the RI rifle and revolver assn. The lesslature compromised by exempting permits that basicly for all intensive purposes did not exist. Town permits were not issued for a long time. Most, if not all police chiefs would refer an applicant to the AG, and no one complained because permits were easier to get up untill Jeff Pine. Enter Sheldon &$!@house, he created a problem by not issuing and refusing denials. Up until very recently chiefs would not even provide an application never mind issue a permit, and most towns are still like that. The towns that are issuing are doing so due to litigation.
I know I went way off track, but I provided a little history on why. The exemption was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom