RI State House Judiciary hearing live stream

A lot of bill supporters were actually gun owners who see nothing wrong with "assault weapon" ban. And from the ridiculously small crowd size at the rally, it is obvious that most people don't do anything. Nobody is going to pay attention. Nobody.
And of the legislature passes, what's next? Peaceful civil disobedience? Non-violent noncompliance? Massive sit-ins? Yep, maybe, with a dozen of participants in the very best case scenario.

Historically the only successful option to removing said laws is armed insurrection. It's the option of last resort, but sooner or later you are dwindled to only one option.

For me I'm moving to another state because I still have options. History is a cruel, repetitive teacher and will bring about the end to this country just as it has done to every other one in history.

Last edited:
Some of these bills WILL come back as amended bills (sub), so the fight is not over. The antis was definitely better organized this time, and I think the gun owners were less organized. With the big rally before and the fact that the hearing ran much faster than at the Senate Judiciary, I would have expected more gun owners to testify.
One or more of the bills may even pass if it is amended, but I (hope) it won't be the AWB. Maybe the obliterated serial number bill or one that calls for tougher penalties.

The "expert" witnesses did a horrible job for their cause, and I think they almost helped our cause since the Reps asked some tough questions and the witnesses made some stupid comments.

I was so happy to see the State Police point out that the tricked out AR-15 with every "evil" feature and forward grip, laser, and flash light mounted was his PERSONAL firearm. I only had 90 seconds to testify, but I made sure that the Committee members knew that the Statie had chosen an AR-15 with several high capacity magazines to protect himself and his family and that I should have the same ability to protect my family.

I couldn't believe Representative Joseph S. Almeida, one of the bills sponsors had no clue about the bill. At least read the bill so you know what people are talking about, not look like a fool in front of everyone fumbling around papers and not being familiar with the bill.

Some of these bills WILL come back as amended bills (sub), so the fight is not over. The antis was definitely better organized this time, and I think the gun owners were less organized. With the big rally before and the fact that the hearing ran much faster than at the Senate Judiciary, I would have expected more gun owners to testify.
One or more of the bills may even pass if it is amended, but I (hope) it won't be the AWB. Maybe the obliterated serial number bill or one that calls for tougher penalties.

The "expert" witnesses did a horrible job for their cause, and I think they almost helped our cause since the Reps asked some tough questions and the witnesses made some stupid comments.

I was so happy to see the State Police point out that the tricked out AR-15 with every "evil" feature and forward grip, laser, and flash light mounted was his PERSONAL firearm. I only had 90 seconds to testify, but I made sure that the Committee members knew that the Statie had chosen an AR-15 with several high capacity magazines to protect himself and his family and that I should have the same ability to protect my family.

He outright lied about the AR-15 and avoided answering questions he should have answered with a no.

Is there a copy of the hearing either written or a video? I'd like to dispute a lot of the "facts" that were given and submit them to the House members.

I also wished some of the house members asked where they got their "facts" from. I guarantee none of them could site a source.

I found Yelena's FB page by a post she made on the PROJO website about lastnight. This was her cover photo:
305418_477823712269022_1366892041_n.jpg
Good for her!!! That's good stuff right there.

I'm in CT. The ignorance of CT advisory committees and legislators was stunning. However these a**h*** bent us all over and blew their load into us.

Y'all in R.I. should get all gun owners (including hunters, trap, skeet) working with you. Here a bunch of them thought only those of us with ARs etc were under attack. Here some of those hunters who didn't pay attention are going to be surprised when they can't buy ammo in October because they don't have some dumb-ass newly required permit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

He outright lied about the AR-15 and avoided answering questions he should have answered with a no.

Is there a copy of the hearing either written or a video? I'd like to dispute a lot of the "facts" that were given and submit them to the House members.

I also wished some of the house members asked where they got their "facts" from. I guarantee none of them could site a source.
Yes, you can see the hearing here:
http://ricaptv.discovervideo.com/show/watch?id=364&t=1
Newtown Chief is 53 minutes in. He even says he didn't read the bills..
Representative Linda Finn talks about the registration bill (H5573) 96:30 minutes in. I don't think she has her facts right on this bill, but I hope someone from MA can confirm this.

Pare from Providence public safety in Providence is 107 minutes in.
The guy next to him is from the Governor's office, but doesn't know anything about the bills.
After that is the representative from the AG office, and she gave mostly incorrect information regarding licensing and case law.
After that you have the State Police showing off his personal AR-15 that he doesn't want me to own, but he has chosen one to defend his own home/family with.. This is about 140 minutes in. He is the "firearms expert", but doesn't even know the correct definition of a semi automatic firearm... He claims the definition is that one pull of the trigger fires one round. By that definition my muzzleloader is semi-automatic. He left out a very important part that the firearm will automatically load the next cartridge; kind of an important difference..

Last edited:
Several people are considering an idea of finding straight out lies as well as manipulating the facts in the testimonies of the anties, explaining them, and spreading them around. The idea was thrown on the Oath Keepers FB page, as well as in RI gun blog. Everybody is welcome to participate. We can gather all explored lies and dirty plays in one pile for the beginning.

Roger says you can get a copy of the entire testimony if you give them a blank DVD. If you do this, please get both the House and the Senate hearings.

Back
Top Bottom