RI residents, do something!!!

Recently there are some bills that you should contact your state representative regarding. House Bill No.5249, Increase the CCW permit fee from $40 to $100 and make non residents 1 year temporary like MA. Second there is House Bill No.5203 which would impose licensing salt water fisherman. If you are like many residents and keep talking about doing something, yet do nothing than forget this. If you want to do something, then write, call or meet your politicians so they know what you views and opinions are. Remember that the people voted them into office to do what the people want. I don't want any of those bills passing and neither should you.

The saltwater fishing regulation is mandated by the Fed Govt - how the coastal states implement a registration/license program is up to the individual states - these programs must be in place by 2011

For more info, search NOAA saltwater fisherman registration.

I am against salter water fishing license. I understand that the freshwater fishing license fee goes towards stocking ponds and rivers, management of the wild life and the enforcement of all the freshwater fishing regulations. In salt water, the fish leave New England and head south. How would one "Stock" saltwater fish? The only thing i could understand a fee would be help fund the enforcement the regulations of fishing

Back
Top Bottom