RI reciprocity?

GSG

I tried doing a search in here, but to no avail.

Are there any states that Rhode Island has reciprocity agreements with regard to LTC's? And more importantly (in my case), will they honor a non-res. LTC from one of those states?

I'm wondering if there's a back door to what looks like a nightmare of a non-res. LTC process in that state.

Thanks. [grin]

ya.... I didnt think they did. I want to get the RI license and think i could but the range qual is holding me up

I know there's places that'll do the qual, I'm almost never in RI, but know people there, so it'd be nice to have if it was cheap enough.

Are you looking for a CCW permit, or to just hit up the range?

If you are just going to the range down there with some friends they do not require a license at all IIRC (I'd do some research on that and NOT trust my memory though).

ya.... I didnt think they did. I want to get the RI license and think i could but the range qual is holding me up

The range qualification is easy. Just find buy some of the correct targets and go find yourself a friendly NRA instructor.

The range qualification is easy. Just find buy some of the correct targets and go find yourself a friendly NRA instructor.

I can take care of this at Hopkionton Sportsmens (www.hsasports.com) for a $10 donation to the club (the club keeps Army L target in stock for this purpose). If you want to make sure the $$ goes to the club, just give me a check payable to Hopkinton Sportsmens. If you're a club member, or someone I shoot with but don't recognize your nom-de-net, it's free.

Be cautioned that RI is "discretionary issue" and applies a "standard of need". If you wish to retain RI legal counsel, I suggest Keith Langer (langerlaw at juno dot com)

Back
Top Bottom