RI reciprocity?

GSG

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I tried doing a search in here, but to no avail.

Are there any states that Rhode Island has reciprocity agreements with regard to LTC's? And more importantly (in my case), will they honor a non-res. LTC from one of those states?

I'm wondering if there's a back door to what looks like a nightmare of a non-res. LTC process in that state.

Thanks. [grin]

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
ya.... I didnt think they did. I want to get the RI license and think i could but the range qual is holding me up

GSG

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
ya.... I didnt think they did. I want to get the RI license and think i could but the range qual is holding me up
I know there's places that'll do the qual, I'm almost never in RI, but know people there, so it'd be nice to have if it was cheap enough.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Are you looking for a CCW permit, or to just hit up the range?

If you are just going to the range down there with some friends they do not require a license at all IIRC (I'd do some research on that and NOT trust my memory though).

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The range qualification is easy. Just find buy some of the correct targets and go find yourself a friendly NRA instructor.
I can take care of this at Hopkionton Sportsmens (www.hsasports.com) for a $10 donation to the club (the club keeps Army L target in stock for this purpose). If you want to make sure the $$ goes to the club, just give me a check payable to Hopkinton Sportsmens. If you're a club member, or someone I shoot with but don't recognize your nom-de-net, it's free.

Be cautioned that RI is "discretionary issue" and applies a "standard of need". If you wish to retain RI legal counsel, I suggest Keith Langer (langerlaw at juno dot com)

Top Bottom