RI Rally 1/23

EMTDAD

NES Member
FYI From Competition Shooting Supplies in Pawtucket FB post. Didn't see this posted yet..

Think it hasn’t gotten “real” yet?

Next week, during her State of the State speech, our Governor will attempt to drive home some the most restrictive anti-firearms regulations IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. Those regulations include:

Department of Environmental Management database of gun owners

Full blown firearms registration through changes to the purchasing process

Ban on virtually ALL semiautomatic firearms

Magazine capacity restrictions

Firearms forfeiture through Red Flag expansion

Elimination of CCW

Background check with ZERO protections for the purchaser

Ambiguous ban on 80% could mean any polymer receiver firearms

On Thursday, January 23rd 2020 we send our elected officials a message by organizing the LARGEST Second Amendment rally our Governor has ever seen. Spread the word to your gun clubs, coworker, firearms retailers and social media pages. ADVOCATE FOR YOUR FIREARMS RIGHTS!

THU, JAN 23 AT 4 PM
Defend the 2nd Rally
Rhode Island State House · Providence

No jobs, shitty infrastructure, and failing schools.

Nope, we have a gun problem.

You get what you elect.
Exactly. The one thing that RI is at the top of list for, good list, is it is one of the lowest per capita when it comes to firearm deaths. But useless Raimondo wants to waste time on a problem that is non existent. The woman is the definition of loser

Oh, crap! We're less than two months away from putting our house in MA on the market so we can move down to our RI house, and now I have to read this shit?!? I'm really pissed right now, and will plan on going to this rally.

Has this been posted anywhere in the General Discussion section, where Virginia and NH discussions are very prominent? If not, it should be! More people need to know about this!

Frank

Oh, crap! We're less than two months away from putting our house in MA on the market so we can move down to our RI house, and now I have to read this shit?!? I'm really pissed right now, and will plan on going to this rally.

Has this been posted anywhere in the General Discussion section, where Virginia and NH discussions are very prominent? If not, it should be! More people need to know about this!

Frank

Bills like these have been proposed annually since 2013 and have been shot done each year since. No offense intended, but if you hadn't realized that RI has had these bills proposed before, then you didn't do enough research into the RI 2A scene.

Edit: if you're planning to move to RI as a gun owner, you should be prepared to accept duties to support the community such as showing up to the State House when there's a rally or a hearing, donating to the local pro-2A groups, and spreading the news. Become a "yellow shirt."

Last edited by a moderator:
Bills like these have been proposed annually since 2013 and have been shot done each year since. No offense intended, but if you hadn't realized that RI has had these bills proposed before, then you didn't do enough research into the RI 2A scene.

Edit: if you're planning to move to RI as a gun owner, you should be prepared to accept duties to support the community such as showing up to the State House when there's a rally or a hearing, donating to the local pro-2A groups, and spreading the news. Become a "yellow shirt."

The reason that I haven't been on top of what's been happening in RI over the years is that I just got back into shooting over the past nine months or so, having last shot a gun probably 40 plus years ago, when I used to shoot with my dad. I just got my non-resident RI LCCW about three months ago, and was just starting to look into gun clubs down there.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum (since joining this past year) about what's happening down in VA and up in NH, and so when I saw this thread, it scared the crap out of me. And up until I joined this forum, and started educating myself on these issues, I definitely would have considered myself to be a FUDD...if I had even known what a FUDD was.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I do plan on going to the State House on the 23rd. And if you could point me in the direction of some good, local pro-2A groups, I'd be happy to donate. I see that there's a RI 2nd Amendment Coalition, but I don't even see any mention of this rally on the 23rd on their website or Facebook page.

Thanks,

Frank

Back
Top Bottom