• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Proposing New AWB & Magazine Ban Legislation

You should leave a state for proposing gun laws rather than fighting against them?

Weak.

Sooner or later you’ll run out of free states to run to.
[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2][laugh2]

Sooner or later you'll run out of time in your life and you'll look back and say "what a fool I was for not leaving and finding a freer place to live instead of wasting my time and efforts on a situation that I had absolutely no control over".

Do you not understand that the system and most of the population there is rigged completely AGAINST YOU??? Nothing that you do will change that situation and you'll continue to be beaten down by that system and the multitude of idiots that support their actions.

Get out and find somewhere to live among people who hold the same values and opinions that you do instead of living isolated, fearful and demonized by most of those around you, especially those in government. You are paying taxes to a system that uses your money to oppress your rights.

Why would you continue to do that when moving out of their grasp is easily done?

First they came for the Rhode Islanders, and I did not speak out because I was not a Rhode Islander…

Then you'll discover that you're in your fifties or older and come to the realization that you've pissed your life away supporting a government that was dead set against everything you hold dear, including your 2A rights and hadn't made the least effort to escape from their grasp.

Obviously you've not read the multitude of threads here by people who have moved out of the oppressive northeast states to freer states and are happier than they've ever been in their lives and all wish they'd done it much sooner in life.

The deck is stacked against you......wake up and smell the coffee. You will never in your lifetime change that. Your time is limited and to deliberately spend it under the boot of an oppressive state is just foolish.

Move out, live your life happily and drop that piano off your back.

If you're in your twenty's or very early thirty's you may be able to readjust to a new location. I'm a Rhode Islander and damn proud of it. Yes the government and the taxes suck but we have to try and improve it. I tried the Florida thing and it wasn't for me. There's a culture in RI and Mass. that isn't in any other part of the country. The food and restaurants are better than the rest of the country. You will miss your favorite pizza or burger joint, Rhode Islanders will miss weines, coffee milk, Dels lemonade, Clam boils, steamers and the lists goes on. Most of the rest of the country doesn't have these local things and everything is chains. Believe me you will miss them. We are close to the ocean, three hours out of New York, 90 minutes out of Boston, a couple of hours from Maine or NH. There is a reason people stay in Mass. and RI, you have to live here all your life to understand.
If those are your reasons, I respect that and I recognize that those are perfectly great reasons to stay. But like a lot of people, I did leave and I didn’t miss those things, or I continued to do the clam bakes where I ended up, or I found even better and more interesting bars and restaurants. Those things are subjective and matters of personal taste.

The one thing I would argue with you on though, is when you say “there is a reason people stay in MA”. The fact is, MA consistently ranks among the top states that people are leaving and not staying in.

A 🤣 is the best you can do, because everything I said is true.
No, I think you’re a complete retard and it was my nice way of not engaging you. I don’t live in RI, but I’m smot enough to know that anytime a state adopts an AWB it will embolden other states to attempt it, including the currently “free” ones.

But don’t worry, when an AWB is proposed in Kentucky or whatever, I’ll help you hillbillies fight that too.

No, I think you’re a complete retard and it was my nice way of not engaging you. I don’t live in RI, but I’m smot enough to know that anytime a state adopts an AWB it will embolden other states to attempt it, including the currently “free” ones.

But don’t worry, when an AWB is proposed in Kentucky or whatever, I’ll help you hillbillies fight that too.

I may be a complete retard in your eyes, but I escaped MA at first opportunity and now live among likeminded people. My state is constitutional carry, strong castle doctrine, no restrictions on anything gun related including NFA.

You won't engage me because your arguments don't have a leg to stand on.

I may be a complete retard in your eyes, but I escaped MA at first opportunity and now live among likeminded people. My state is constitutional carry, strong castle doctrine, no restrictions on anything gun related including NFA.

You won't engage me because your arguments don't have a leg to stand on.
No, I’m smart enough to know that no one’s mind has ever been changed on the internet. Have a great day.

Great, Awesome ...Good for you. NOT everyone can just pick up and leave !

I agree, some cannot just pick up and move.......but the vast majority of those who CAN,,,,,WON'T because they have Stockholm Syndrome or are just fearful of changing their lives for the better and justify their remaining under an oppressive government any way they can.

Here’s an idea. All conservatives move to conservative states, leaving nothing but liberals in liberal states. Then we sit back and watch them collapse under their own stupidity
agreed. I Used to think that running was weak and just giving them ground. But if you think of it as a tactical retreat to strengthen the areas you can it doesn't sound so sour.

My goal is to build the company a bit, leave this cesspool with as many jobs as possible and build low income housing in its place to keep the riiff raff here as a final fk you to the morons that vote for this crap.

To all my fellow RI'ers, if this sh!t does pass, you're all invited over to my place for a drink and a nice ride on my boat. And feel free to bring your guns.

My boat:

10e2618a-f5ef-4e37-84a6-e44f0f739899-coast_guard_1.jpg

Frank

Then you'll discover that you're in your fifties or older and come to the realization that you've pissed your life away supporting a government that was dead set against everything you hold dear, including your 2A rights and hadn't made the least effort to escape from their grasp.

Obviously you've not read the multitude of threads here by people who have moved out of the oppressive northeast states to freer states and are happier than they've ever been in their lives and all wish they'd done it much sooner in life.

The deck is stacked against you......wake up and smell the coffee. You will never in your lifetime change that. Your time is limited and to deliberately spend it under the boot of an oppressive state is just foolish.

Move out, live your life happily and drop that piano off your back.
Well my friend I'm in my sixties and I know a lot of real people not internet people who have left for greener pastures only to regret and come back after two, five and even ten years. These are states like Virginia, Florida, Arizona, Texas and of course the Carolinas.
If you think these are oppressive governments than you don't know what an oppressive government is. Instead of running away do you attend city or town meetings? Have you run for any political office be it city or town council or even school committee. We are all to lazy to do such things even though we all can. What are you going to do if the Feds decide to ban high cap mags and assault rifles? Leave the country?

I agree, some cannot just pick up and move.......but the vast majority of those who CAN,,,,,WON'T because they have Stockholm Syndrome or are just fearful of changing their lives for the better and justify their remaining under an oppressive government any way they can.
The reason I gave up on trying to leave was trying to find work in my field in a free state that pays better than a slave wage is next to impossible. I mean, maybe I could if I lived in some huge city, but I don't want that and where I am now, while it's still not exactly a small town, it feels it at times. Beyond that, the reality is once I head for greener pastures, I'm on my own, no family for a thousand miles and I've no interest in starting my own.

I've gotten to the point in life where I realize that struggling and expecting hard work to pay off and solve problems is a ridiculous notion as every time you solve one problem, another takes its place. In the end you never solve any problems, you merely trade them for others.

If you're in your twenty's or very early thirty's you may be able to readjust to a new location. I'm a Rhode Islander and damn proud of it. Yes the government and the taxes suck but we have to try and improve it. I tried the Florida thing and it wasn't for me. There's a culture in RI and Mass. that isn't in any other part of the country. The food and restaurants are better than the rest of the country. You will miss your favorite pizza or burger joint, Rhode Islanders will miss weines, coffee milk, Dels lemonade, Clam boils, steamers and the lists goes on. Most of the rest of the country doesn't have these local things and everything is chains. Believe me you will miss them. We are close to the ocean, three hours out of New York, 90 minutes out of Boston, a couple of hours from Maine or NH. There is a reason people stay in Mass. and RI, you have to live here all your life to understand.
I lived all of my life in MA, but once I visited Florida and Georgia, I could literally smell the freedom. Class 3 suppressors? Yes, no problem. Felony in MA. Switchblade? No problem, felony in MA. Glocks? Take your pick. No dice in MA unless you pack a badge and municipal police ID. Auto insurance one half of MA. Unlimited homestead protection for your house in Florida. No kissing a police chief's ass for a FID or LTC to own your own gun in your own home, Oh, cripes, the advantages are so obvious, only a myopic cartoon character fool like Mr. Magoo would overlook them! Not to mention the lack of freezing cold weather, snow, ice and salt to decrease the life of your car. Moving in about 6 years. Can't wait!

I lived all of my life in MA, but once I visited Florida and Georgia, I could literally smell the freedom. Class 3 suppressors? Yes, no problem. Felony in MA. Switchblade? No problem, felony in MA. Glocks? Take your pick. No dice in MA unless you pack a badge and municipal police ID. Auto insurance one half of MA. Unlimited homestead protection for your house in Florida. No kissing a police chief's ass for a FID or LTC to own your own gun in your own home, Oh, cripes, the advantages are so obvious, only a myopic cartoon character fool like Mr. Magoo would overlook them! Not to mention the lack of freezing cold weather, snow, ice and salt to decrease the life of your car. Moving in about 6 years. Can't wait!
I don't have any Georgia knowledge but know it's hot ,stinky and full of bugs. I have 10 years of owning a home in Florida and I would do more research if I were you. What you think you will save on taxes you will pay through the nose for flood insurance, hurricane insurance and permits from the county for everything and I mean everything. In ten years with two hurricanes I lost a pool cage and a roof and was ransacked as everyone gets forced evacuated. Then you wait forever for insurance company to make adjustment then wait and pay again through the nose for contractors.
You better have deep pockets to buy a large piece of land to shoot or you may as well sell your rifles as you will have a hard time finding a rifle range. Indoor pistol ranges are on every corner but you have to pay and usually use their ammo.
Living in Florida in June, July and August you will stay in ac as it's too hot and humid to do anything outside.
As for freedom I guess you have never dealt with a southern sheriff. Also unless you buy a home in an old area most good Florida areas are in some kind of community with all types of rules, from no sheds, very few houses have basements, no trucks, permission to replace roof or color to paint house height of a mail box and a million other stupid rules.
Florida is great if all you want to do is vacation there or retire there to play golf sit around the pool and go to dinner.
Personnely if you want some kind of freedom I would either look north towards Maine, NH or West Virginia or Kentucky.

Lived here all my life to realize it sucks a big hairy bean bag ! it will never change here, never

All gun bills held for further study. That's better than going through committee but the current session doesn't usually end until June so these bills could still come back but let's hope not. Of course the good bills were held also but I guess that's the trade off in this state

That’s what they do when they don’t want a vote. That’s a victory! Yes, they will come back next year, and the year after and…

There will be another rally tomorrow, Thursday, June 2nd, at 3:00pm.

I'll be there, but I'm afraid our efforts will likely be in vain. I bet that an AWB, magazine limit, 21 year old minimum age and storage laws will all pass this time around. And the A**hole governor is anxious to sign any and all of these bills that make their way to his desk.

:mad:

Frank

Well, it looks like at least some of these bills will be passing. I received this email earlier today from the RI Second Amendment PAC:

"Tomorrow the House Judiciary will be passing bills that restrict long gun sales to anyone under the age of 21, prohibit the carrying of long guns in public and ban the possession of magazines which exceed 10 rounds. No grandfathering clause so this ban is a confiscation."

And in a text I received, it also said: "180 days to forfeit your detachable magazines."

There's another rally at the Statehouse tomorrow, but this one, I won't be able to attend, since I'll be in the middle of surgery (on the receiving end).

Frank

I was looking at a 50BMG yesterday at Scheel's. That big beautiful black gun could be had for a mere $12,999. They even had the ammo in stock. I was not in RI 😀

That Christensen ar in a 6.5 creedmor with carbon wrapped barrel and 30 round mag packaged with a Leopold vx5 cds did not suck neither.

The amount of FJB guns on display were inspiring. The number of people buying the stuff more so.

Back
Top Bottom