1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

RI Non-Resident

Discussion in 'Rhode Island Laws' started by Republic of Mass, Sep 10, 2005.

1. newportri

newportri

Rhode Island has actually been Shall Issue since 1927. However, most PDs ignored this law up until the 2000s.

http://webserver.rilin.state.ri.us/Statutes/title11/11-47/11-47-11.HTM

2. UncleDuke

UncleDuke Instructor Dealer NES Member

NE Ohio, Boston, MA, Washington, D.C., Paris, Fr.
    I would try the local towns rather than going through the State AG. Some of the small towns don't want to issue and, as newportri indicated, choose to ignore the law. I went through Providence PD. They do charge a criminally inflated fee of $200, although if you complete all the paperwork and are able to pass a background check, they will issue. Other towns do issue, although my discussions with several individuals on other forums indicate that they are often inconsistent and their criteria for issuing versus not issuing seems ambiguous and arbitrary.

3. bostonasphalt2

bostonasphalt2

How long ago did you go through Providence PD? and what was the process with them like? Did they seem reluctant to issue, but issued anyways?

4. Jared

Jared

Did Providence ever issue your license? I remember you discussing this a while back on nyfirearms (club for NY LEO's).