• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI non-resident permit

So I recently moved from central mass to North Attleboro Ma. for those of you familiar with the area you know its right on the border of RI. on top of that my house abuts the border. On top of that I have taken a job over the border in Woonsocket RI. so my question is what do i have to do (if there is such a thing) to get a non-resident permit for RI? I have a unrestricted class A. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The links to the application are at the bottom of this page: http://www.riag.ri.gov/civilcriminal/criminalid.php

I can do your range test in Hopkinton if you wish.

There are other posts on NES. While non-resident permits are not unheard of, the policy if the AG's office is to deny applications unless there is a specific need.

Scrivener is a member of both the RI and MA bars.

I have this same/similar situation. Live in MA and work in RI. I (for the moment) have opted to NOT get my Ri permit simply because I fear that a denial in RI would later bite me in the butt.

Now, there is no valid reason to deny me. I have my MA one, but still... not willing to take that risk. but then again, i dont live on the border.

That is so uncool. I was thinking of applying myself only because I travel down there alot but I would rather not have that denial on my record.

Back
Top Bottom