• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI non-res CCW license?

I heard it's difficult to get a RI non-res CCW license...does anyone from MA have any experience with obtaining their RI non-resident permit? I'd like to be able to carry concealed in RI when I visit.

I've gotten them for both RI residents and non-residents. The AG plays the "need" game; i.e, if you are a middle-aged, middle-class (or better) white guy carrying cash or valuables in the course of business, you are an ideal candidate.

What if you're not carrying cash or valuables, but you're driving to and from your rental property in East Providence from MA? Think it's worth a shot?

I'm looking to apply to RI as a non-resident, yet don't want a denial on my record ( as it would complicate other state applications). I already have NH,UT,FL non-resident permits, and have passed a half dozen background checks in the last two years alone.

Any suggestions on applying as a non-resident? I see mention that Burrillville may be a good town in which to apply as a NR, aside from the higher fee, any other "green" towns for non-resident applicants? What about Providence?

Aside from Keith G. Langer, can anybody recommend a lawyer to assist with applying to Rhode Island as a non-resident?

Last edited:
Rental property in EAST Providence and you're NOT collecting cash?

It is not "are you carrying cash?" but "Is it reasonable to assume that criminals might think you are carry cash due to your position as a landlord?" that defines the risk profile.

Back
Top Bottom