RI Multigun 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Tri-Town's 5/17 match is officially happening with five-man squads. Who knows, maybe this will make matches faster moving? I'll see if I can get any pictures.

Edit: round count is fifty each of rifle, pistol, and shotgun.

You better hope everybody helps out, otherwise things will move very slowly.

You better hope everybody helps out, otherwise things will move very slowly.

This is required under RI 3-gun rules. Everyone is required to assist with stage reset between shooters. People who don't help or put in effort get the proverbial boot up their ass.

I shot Tri-Town's 3-gun match today and the match was sold out. Everyone showed up. Match ran without any hiccups. Five-shooter squads might become more prevalent. One guy in my squad took pictures, which I'll share if I get the chance.

Good day today.

Bradford's 6/21 match is now fully booked. There's likely going to be some movement between now and then, however.

Wallum's August 3-gun is up on Practiscore, registration opens up on 7/19. I don't shoot Wallum, so bon chance to those who do:

This is our August 3 Gun match, 5 stages of multigun madness which may include a shotgun jungle run

Home | PractiScore

Is there a round count for the bradford 6/21 match out yet? I'm signed up for it, never shot 3-gun before.

Good question - seems like not yet. Spencer (Bradford's match director) usually releases the round count the weekend before the match. If you're trying to stock up on ammo this weekend or put in an order, bring x200 each of rifle, pistol, and shotgun. That would cover you likely no matter what. This upcoming one is going to be a five-stage match, so expect a lot of shooting and a longer match. Though, Spencer may have made the match more efficient since the one in November, which was a beast.

Let me know if you don't know what kind of shotshells to bring.

Would cheap target shells suffice? I've got a stockpile of estate 7.5 and federal 8 shot, both of which seem to run reliably through my 1301. Should I pick up some slugs or buck?

Would cheap target shells suffice? I've got a stockpile of estate 7.5 and federal 8 shot, both of which seem to run reliably through my 1301. Should I pick up some slugs or buck?

NO BUCKSHOT.

Slugs aren't necessary for this upcoming match at Bradford. They will be if you shoot the July practical shotgun match at Tri-Town.

You should be fine with either the Estates or the Federals. I stick to no. 8 shot myself.

If your gun accepts choke tubes, which it should because its a modern enough gun, try to get at least Skeet, Improved Cylinder, and Modified.

Sounds good. I'm signed up for the tri-town match, so I'll pick up some slugs for that. I've got an IC choke in my shotgun, I'll have to get more later on down the road. Thanks!

I'm assuming you're shooting a smoothbore, IC-choked barrel with slugs. You'll want rifled slugs, such as "Brenneke" slugs, if you want a modicum of accuracy. Otherwise, you're effectively shooting a musket or a stopping gun. There's also rifled choke tubes.

Bumping this thread. Bradford's having a members' meeting on 7/16 (and also hopefully swearing in new members, such as myself). Hopefully, Bradford will open matches up to non-members at the meeting.

Back
Top Bottom