RI Multigun 2020

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
I'm new to competitive shooting and want to get into it this year. Do these matches require membership to each club or is it more of a pay per event type thing?
you could be a freeloader and just pay per event. or you can join a club whom hosts matches, and help out with those matches

I'm new to competitive shooting and want to get into it this year. Do these matches require membership to each club or is it more of a pay per event type thing?

You need:

(1) To be a registered member of Practiscore, which costs nothing;
(2) To sign up for the matches on Practiscore, which again costs nothing; and
(3) To pay the match fees on the day you shoot.

You do not need to be a member of any club to shoot a match here in RI unless the match is private. If the match is private, the match is invitation-only and thus unavailable to the public. Practiscore will list the entry fee due the day of.

Other matches outside of RI have different rules. Other matches may require payment up-front. But the clubs in RI that run 3-gun do not require club membership or payment up-front.

If you use Facebook, I suggest joining the RI 3Gun and New England 3-Gun groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could be a freeloader and just pay per event. or you can join a club whom hosts matches, and help out with those matches

This is wrong. Someone can be a member of another club in RI, or no club, and still show up to volunteer either the morning of or the day before. People who show up to help, regardless of membership status, are always welcome.

Bradford is hosting an intro class on April 5th. It’ll be a low pressure information session with safety rules stressed and a chance to run a COF and see how it’s done.

Bradford is hosting an intro class on April 5th. It’ll be a low pressure information session with safety rules stressed and a chance to run a COF and see how it’s done.

I will be there. Still need to get a shotgun and a belt but I'm working on it. Is there a post with more info anywhere? I checked their website and didnt see anything

I will be there. Still need to get a shotgun and a belt but I'm working on it. Is there a post with more info anywhere? I checked their website and didnt see anything

For Bradford or RI 3-gun in general?

Bradford as far as I know doesn't publicly list their information anywhere except Practiscore. I check Practiscore once a day or every few days for match information. Once you're in the RI 3Gun group, there'll be posts, updates, etc.

What do you want to know?

Wallum's 4/19 3-gun and 5/31 practical shotgun matches are now on Practiscore:

Home | PractiScore

Home | PractiScore

For Bradford or RI 3-gun in general?

Bradford as far as I know doesn't publicly list their information anywhere except Practiscore. I check Practiscore once a day or every few days for match information. Once you're in the RI 3Gun group, there'll be posts, updates, etc.

What do you want to know?

Wallum's 4/19 3-gun and 5/31 practical shotgun matches are now on Practiscore:

Home | PractiScore

Home | PractiScore

I was just trying to see if there was a start time or anything for the Bradford one. Its not listed on their practiscore or anything yet. I sent in a request to the facebook group but nothing yet.

I was just trying to see if there was a start time or anything for the Bradford one. Its not listed on their practiscore or anything yet. I sent in a request to the facebook group but nothing yet.

Most if not all RI multigun matches work like this:

*Day before: setup, if the match director needs volunteers, he'll email the registered shooters the day before. Showing up to help is very good for two reasons. One, its the polite thing to do and is a good way to make friends in the community. Two, and most importantly from a shooting perspective, when you volunteer, you learn the stage setup.

*7:00: pre-match setup, such as laying out targets and doing other pre-match checks like painting targets

*8:00: fettering of gear and payment of match fees

*8:30-55: safety brief and explanation of the stages

*9:00: shooting begins

Almost all RI multigun matches happen on Sundays. Matches in states like Mass and Maine can be on a Saturday. NH matches are usually on a Sunday but some can be on a Saturday.

bradbanner2_190600324.gif
There will be an intro to 3Gun and USPSA on Sunday April 5th at 10am on one of the pistol pits on the Mosena side of the club.

Gear you will need to bring
USPSA- pistol, 200 rounds of ammo, magazine holders, and a belt with a holster.

3Gun- rifle, pistol, shotgun, shell holder, magazine holder for pistol and rifle, belt with holster, 50 shotgun shells (7 1/2 shot or smaller) 100 rounds of pistol and 100 rounds of non magnetic rifle ammo. You will also need chamber flags for the long guns.

We will be going over competition rules, safety requirements and we will set up a fun stage for people to shoot.

It will be 5$ per shooter to cover targets.

Honestly, if you don’t have the shotgun yet, don’t worry about it. You can shoot mine.....or probably just about anyone else’s. Just bring what you have and ammo.

Honestly, if you don’t have the shotgun yet, don’t worry about it. You can shoot mine.....or probably just about anyone else’s. Just bring what you have and ammo.

Thanks for the offer and more info. I should have everything I need listed there by then. Shotguns ordered and researching belts this week

Updated the schedule because of Wallum's closure. Hopefully, after Raimondo's initial phase of state of emergency, something will change and clubs will open up again. But I'm not optimistic.

There is precisely one spot left for Bradford's 4/26 3-gun! Want in, now's your shot.

I'm confused by the 4/14/20 update.

Are all the Wallum 2020 events cancelled or i it just saying that the club is currently closed??? It's a pretty confusing statement about the September 20th event to say "closed because of Black Death" which is the same as the April 19th event which I know is cancelled.

I'm confused by the 4/14/20 update.

Are all the Wallum 2020 events cancelled or i it just saying that the club is currently closed??? It's a pretty confusing statement about the September 20th event to say "closed because of Black Death" which is the same as the April 19th event which I know is cancelled.

The club is closed and thus events are cancelled. Once I hear that Wallum Lake opens up, I'll remove the edits from the later matches. The whole club itself is closed until further notice. This is unlike Bradford, Tri-Town, and Pine Tree, which are open to members and small groups.

I updated the first post in the thread considering Wallum Lake is now re-open per their new restrictions. The 5/31 practical shotgun match is still removed from Practiscore and the club's policies indicate that no matches will occur. Thus, that's pretty much written off but I'll keep it on there until May just in case.

Tri-Town's 5/17 match is fully booked and still happening as of today, 4/24.

Tri-Town's 5/17 match is officially happening with five-man squads. Who knows, maybe this will make matches faster moving? I'll see if I can get any pictures.

Edit: round count is fifty each of rifle, pistol, and shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom